Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skins - The final episode with these characters

There was NO Cassie. Are they being serious? Damn them to hell. I know she had a huge episode last time, but they could of at least shown her at the end seeing Sid, Jeez!

Still. I loved the car chase with "Oops I did it again" playing in the background. Just awesome.

9/10

once again it's on a friggin hanger >.<

Not really. Effy is now there age. Her friends will now be the main characters. Thats onbviously why she was shown at the end. No hanger, and no more old characters (well, the main guys anyway).

ITV Dropping Pushing Daisies Episode 2

ITV is to drop an episode of its latest flagship drama "Pushing Daisies" because it overlaps with coverage of Euro 2008, it said on Tuesday.

The American hit show, which features former "Brookside" star Anna Friel, has been one of the year's most talked-about programmes. The opening episode on ITV1 last Saturday pulled in 5.7 million viewers.

The modern day fairytale is about a man who brings people back from the dead, including his first love.

But despite its success, ITV has decided to show only eight of the nine episodes to make way for the football tournament.

It blamed a strike by U.S. scriptwriters for a heavy programme schedule.

Episode two, which shows Ned coming to terms with his power, will be omitted, with the possibility it may be shown at a later date.

"Episode two is the only one we can take out at this stage without disrupting the flow of the series but it's a great stand alone' show, and one we will broadcast later this year," an ITV spokesman said.

"Due to the US writers' strike, delivery of many acquisitions has been affected.

"Rather than receiving a full series of many of this year's shows we've had a range of different options -- such as 13 parts so far for "Gossip Girl" and nine parts for "Pushing Daisies".

Well, that sucks.

I hate whenb Football ruins everyones day. I remember when I was little, OnDigital (my digital provider) went bankrupt cause they had to pay football companies/people money.

That's when I decided forever more that footballers get paid too much (although anyone who doesn't think that is just plain dumb). I was so upset. No more cartoon network....

-----

Green Wing Series 1 Ep 1

I just love. I forgot how much I loved. Sue White ftw.

I hate whenb Football ruins everyones day. I remember when I was little, OnDigital (my digital provider) went bankrupt cause they had to pay football companies/people money.

That's when I decided forever more that footballers get paid too much (although anyone who doesn't think that is just plain dumb). I was so upset. No more cartoon network....

Although most of the teams who had contracts with ITV Digital at that time were small clubs in the Football League who needed the money.

Yeah! I remember feeling terrible when we had to get rid of OnDigital, I lost my daily fix of Cartoon Network. :(

Gossip Girl (Episode 4)

The series just keeps getting better. The fights over, but it's obviously going to start again at some point. Anyway, a really nice set of characters helps make the episodes interesting even if the story line can become a little samey.

8.3/10

Yeah! I remember feeling terrible when we had to get rid of OnDigital, I lost my daily fix of Cartoon Network. :(

Gossip Girl (Episode 4)

The series just keeps getting better. The fights over, but it's obviously going to start again at some point. Anyway, a really nice set of characters helps make the episodes interesting even if the story line can become a little samey.

8.3/10

Wait til episode seven ;) Can't wait until it returns (in America) on Monday. A nice guilty pleasure. Wrote an essay about it recently too, and might write an article.

The Simpsons Season 19: Pappa Don't Leach!

I thought it was a prett good episode and a lot more stable than other recent outings with out pointless sub plots!

My biggest fear was how they would handle bringing back Lurleen Lumpkin but i felt that they did this well although her voice was a bit off!

It had some really funny stuff in it including a golden Chief Wiggum moment and grandpa entering in with an Otter! :D

But with the good comes the bad and there was still some jokes that fell short/flat but not as many as usual!

The actual plot of the episode was decent and a lot more grounded but i felt the Lurleens dad wasn't explored enough. :)

All in all not bad and i prefer Season 19 to 18 and 17! :grin:

4 Bears out of 7

South Park Season 12: Over logging

Excellent! Hilarious stuff and another great Randy Episode!

I enjoyed the plot very much, which was everyone going into panic when they discover the internet has gone..., This allows for some awesome, Disturbing (watch out for Randy and his Ectoplasm ;)) and classic South Park moments. :grin:

Pushing Daisies - Episode 3.

I watched it because there was nothing else to watch. I was very surprised - the advert made it sound like absolute cack but it was very entertaining. I'll have to watch the first two episodes. And the rest of the show.

How I Met Your Mother - Sandcastles in the Sand

Another Robin Sparkles episode thus made of awesome. Fantastic fun and...

Robin and Barney finally had (presumably) sex.

9/10

Gossip Girl - The Blair Bitch Project

Teen angst, power plays, scandel, romance. Got it all. Great fun.

9/10

Ok! on the weekend i got a fair amount of stuff watched! :)

I don't usually watch TV and techniqually i still didn't as i watched them on BBC Iplayer ITV's catch up thing.

Doctor Who!: The one with the volcano men

I thought it was a good episode and provided enough to keep me watching until the end!

4 Bears out of 7

I hadn't watched a Doctor Who with David Tennant in it before! He is good!

Doctor Who: The one with the Ood!

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the other episode and found the Ood to be very interesting creatures and the whole story excited me a lot more.

4 and a half Bears out of 7

Pushing Daisies: Episode 1

I enjoyed this a lot and didn't realise it was a comedy drama. :D

5 Bears out of 7

I also watched 2 episodes of Pokemon.

Season 10: Different Strokes for Different Blokes

I like the fact that Team Rocket got defeated with in the first 2 minutes of the episode so they could focus more on Ashes new rival and the relationship between them.

4 Bears out of 7

Like it or Lup it

Piplup is a great Pokemon (the little Penguin) and it's back to the usual Team Rocket affair but the way Ludicolo say their own name kept me entertained.

3 and a half Bears out of 7

No offence but I don't really read anyone's takes on individual episodes -- Now, I know nobody reads my crappy seasonal reviews but I thought I'd just... throw that out there.

Sopranos Season 2

I can understand why this show had such a following. It's gripping from episode to episode, with seemingly complex - or at least solid - characters consistantly throughout that cause conflict and trauma all over the place. The dialogue in the show is always quick and sharp, and even though those involved in the show seem to need to describe it as a "dramedy", the comical moments aren't always hilarious, but at least down-to-earth and believable.

This season sees slight shifts in character relations, with the soprano family acquiring more individualistic character, and the mobster family undergoing slight altercations here-and-there with regards to the arrival of Richie, a man who demands respect but gives none. Whereas the first season was generally defined by how Tony applied his psychiatric lessons to his troops, this season we see his psychiatrist is herself undergoing treatment, and unsure as to her own relationship with Tony. The pacing in general is not too fast, but never too slow (the only flip-side is with regards to some of Tony's fever dreams, where I just thought "well if you knew that then, then what took you so long?"), and it still feels to me that each character is growing.

There is some heavy duty violence frequently that is both shocking and awesome. I don't really know what to say about it all, really. I suppose I should be asking others what they think? I have no idea what to expect in the next 4 seasons of the show, besides an 'awesome final episode' with season 6, but, uh, it's good. Yah.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!