N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

Desperate Housewives Season 2 episodes 3-8 or something

I Love Bree. magic magic magic. :heart:

I hate george.

Totally agree. I only saw up to the third episode though. Bree is a legend!

Dexter- Season Four

Every single episode was just fantastic and it had me literally going "Oh My God!" everywhere but the last episode was brilliant.

Is Rita actually dead? I'm still shocked about it, aha

Deb is fantastic, I love her.

Biggest shock in television history/10

Dexter- I've seen every episode so as a whole, I would give it a 9/10

Supernatural episode 11

Sam and Dean do a House and go to a mental asylum. Fairly standard Supernatural stuff, with the scooby-do/Midsummer Murders theme of 'whodunnit'. The show's quite good in that you think you're clever by going "it's going to be that person definitely, and if not then that person", then showing you, in the same order you guess, that you were wrong.

Highlight of the show was definitely Dean's line of "PUDDINNGGG!!!!!". There's always a laugh to be had.

Episode 12 was where Sam and Dean did a Freaky Friday episode; some stupid satanist teenager swaps bodies with Sam. This episode, unlike the previous, actually had some role in the series story arc, but Episode 13 was a revisiting to a quality episode from last season, and while they predictably ended the episode with a Smallville-esque 'memory wipe', it was nice for a few reasons; a) to see Mistah Eko from lost make an appearance, and b) Castiel's line "I don't get your reference, Dean".

Dean is a bit like our admin Ashley, because every 2nd line he says is a cultural reference :P

Smallville catch-up today with two episodes, including the hour-long, and then UFC 109 later, before catching up on Naruto a little, thanks to shorty's prods and prompts.

Yeah, she's dead.

That makes me sad because now we won't see him trying to juggle two lives much. I thought of a good storyline too. I was thinking maybe if she were alive, Trinity would have told her about Dexter which makes her either suspicious or fully aware of Dexter...either way, R.I.P Rita! :(

DudeDazz: Yeah, really :P Ash said something about some sort of confirmation from some show-maker-or-other.

Smallville's feature-length episode... well, just wow! I knew nothing before going into this, and was greatly surprised but not only what events occured but the general mood and movie-like feel of the whole thing. The pacing was excellent besides maybe 10 minutes, and while I knew little-to-no history of the Golden Age of comics I knew enough to appreciate what I was seeing.

While Zod's accent annoys me (because he's so clearly forcing it into an american-friendly one), the plot builds pretty well.

The film-length episode is a great vessel for the smallville universe to show off its potential, and I hope they take advantage of it more.

In favour of UFC 109 having just been aired, I went back and watched UFC 1 and UFC 2, with the insane intention to watch all of them ever.

The format of the sport has come a long way from the original showboat for the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu to the current organised pummeling. In the first version of the 'sport' back in 92/93 hair was pulled out in clumps, teeth were lost, arms broken and eyes near-blinded in scenes more akin to cock-fights than legitimate sports. The 'no rules' rule (besides gouging/biting/groin shots) led to street fight type bouts, with fights rarely lasting more than a minute, it's no wonder a senator fought tooth and nail to oppose such entertainment.

The second UFC introduced a wider range of styles, a change in rules (only one bout that lasts until a towel is thrown, effectively) and saw a Patrick Smith, who lost in the semi-finals in the UFC 1, show the first signs of mixed martial arts by combining his boxing/kickboxing styles with some wrestling practice to improve his ground game. Generally my aim in watching all the UFCs to date is to see the evolution of the sport, from an animalistic, voyeuristic violent-fetish form of entertainment into a legitimate chess-like rock/paper/scissors match between ever-evolving combinations of fighting styles.

Also it's interesting to see how the game has evolved in presentation style, noticing when a commentator first says "octagon" and "it's a war" only to see it become a archetypal catchphrase for the entire game in the modern day.

I've got a good source to get all of the UFCs from, and hope to watch about 5 a week, catching up to roughly UFC 97 when I started watching.

I am clearly rambling now. Hi! I like TV. I like watching fights. I don't know origami. Bye!

BUT WHAT IF THE TWO OTHER KIDS ARE DEAD!! Or, like, they end up living with those grandparents?

My thoughts exactly...

he adopted them or anything so he may not get custody. Also, Deb is getting closer to the real Dexter. Something tells me next season will be brilliant.

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 Episode 1

I loved how it all (presumably intentionally) harkened back to both original Terminator films. Glau was channelling Arnie very well, and I like how in the chase they ended up in one of those...tunnel...wide open places like in T2 (and Grease, lol).

Mostly I love Shirley Manson. The joke of the century, being in it. I love how the opening song was by her too (it sounded like her anyway), and the fact she looks quite ugly in the show, considering she can look really stunning.

I hate/love the fact she used her actual accent. It's funny cause scottish is a joke to be such a big corporate headwoman and stuff in the Terminator universe, but her accent is not at all conducise to effective acting. I hate that scottish accent in my day-to-day life anyway, but it just sounds really horrible and strange. (and not in a detached Terminator way)

Feels like if she'd looked more hard-edged and sexy, and used a different accent (even English...see Adele from Dollhouse as reference for a similar role) it would work better. Anyway. That's just first impressions.

Episode 2 was even better. Hey Bitchee from E.R and Dawson's Creek as the house-seller pregnant lady! I loved John's friend Riley, cause either I recognise her or she reminds me of an amalgamation of people I know/want to know.

I liked how it touched on the cancer thing, considering I was thinking it the whole way through, and then thinking back, it's clear so was Sarah. Which was well done.

Edited by Paj!

Shirley Manson can look sexy? You sure that shouldn't be in the past tense :heh:

Aaaanyway. I did see someone recently question whether Summer Glau would end up as California's governor (governess? do they differentiate?) one day. That'd be sweet.

Big Love - Sins of our Father

Yay. Stupid Bill though.

Chuck versus The Mask

Stupid shippers getting in such a tizzy about this episode. I hate fandom at times.

Pushing Daises - Kerplunk

I like how this is full of people from other shows I watch; Wendie Malick (Frasier), Joey Slotnick (Nip/Tuck), Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) and of course the inspired casting of Wilson Cruz (My So-Called Life). Of course after 40 minutes of fun its all over :(

Oh my lord I love this show. The time spent on New Caprica was great. I could have done with a couple more episodes down there I think although I'm glad it didn't take the full season for them to get off. A couple of the middle episodes were a bit meh (the one that consisted of nothing but boxing and new caprica flashbacks sticks out) Got a little bored of the Lee/Starbuck love quadrangle thing. I've been rooting way more some for Odama and Roslin lovin! Baltar on the Cylon ship was awesome as was the introduction of the hybrid.

Final few eps were awesome. ZOMG Starbuck Nooooo! I realised the final 5 would probably consist of people we already knew but I didn't think they'd be such high profile characters. I thought they'd all be fairly background like the president's assistant (dunno her name). But Tigh?! Wow I was shocked. I wonder if they actually are Cylon or if they've just been brainwashed somehow. Also the way they led up to this reveal was awesome. Very creepy with that weird music and everything. I noticed it actually seemed to start in the episode Starbuck 'dies' right at the end, really faintly. I really liked the lawyer character and that storyline and went from WTF is Lee doing!? To ahh I guess he makes sense after the speech at the end. And zomg, what is Starbuck flying, how did she get to Earth and WHAT IS EARTH LIKE?! Is it just the same as now, modern day or what?! Also, the fact that only four of the final five were 'activated'... does that mean the last one was on a ship other than Galactica an didn't hear the noise or just that they haven't been activated yet?

Verdict: Awesome/Sauce

House

Awesome sauce ep about Cuddy rather than House. Follows the same formula as the recent ep Wilson, with House only really featuring as comedy interjection with a totally bizarre case that runs as background to the episode.

Good times. I doubt they'll go for any more of these though as the underlings get enough time anyway and there's nobody else worth doing an episode on.

^Yeah they're outta people now, surely. Wilson wasn't in the ep enough for my liking.

I'm still wondering when they'll get back to any of the institution characters! Has to happen. We've not really had much of a flow from episode to episode besides each one generally working a little outside the box (I mean, which other series had multiple episodes that didn't start with someone collapsing for an unknown reason?).

I'd like to see the guy he was shacked up with in the institute make a reappearance at the least.

But yeah, last ep was awesome. Showed signs that all may not be well with Lucas/Cuddy which is good in my eyes. Also showed that although House is a dick, he seems to be there for her a lot in this ep albeit in an assy way.

Heroes Season 4 Finale: Didn't even realise it WAS the finale. Doesn't feel like there's enough drama been built up for it to be the finale yet. It was pretty meh anyway. Kinda disappointed at just how easily they defeated Samuel in the end.

that the carnival folk stick by Samuel after he ruins a whole freaking town yet it just takes Claire to go babbling on a soap box for them all to bugger off. A real let down. They also built up the whole Sylar saves Emma thing yet in the end she actually saves herself. Also, bit bored of Sylar's character flip flopping about now. So he's GOOD now... AGAIN!?

The first half of this season really showed promise that Heroes was getting its form back but the latter half has been as dreadful as some of the worst season 3 episodes.

There's an alternative version of the boxing episode on the American box set and it's miles better - focusing a lot more on other characters.

And I love Mark Sheppard's (Romo Lampkin, the lawyer) accent.

Oh really? I might have to see if I can acquire that from somewhere as the one on the UK boxset really is one of the worst BSG eps I've seen. Think it was due to the massive focus on the Starbuck/Apollo love/hate thing as I frankly couldn't give a monkeys about that plotthread. So yeah, if there was more of a focus on other characters it would have helped. Yeah, I love his accent too. Really liked the character. I hope they bring him back for an episode or two in season 4.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!