N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Arrested Development Season 1

Not bad viewing. Not really that funny, but still entertaining.

Before watching this I kept confusing this series with another American show which has a similar old guy with glasses and balding hair like George Snr. Anyone know which one I'm on about?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh one thing I was going to say to you Chair (in reference to you loving the cornballer reference in season 2). Keep an eye out for the gay guy with the sign saying "Freedom" (first seen on the boat in the pilot). He actually pops up a lot. He's like Where's Wally/Waldo.

Oh and I watched Dollhouse finale earlier. Thoughts later.

Caprica - episode 1

Great first episode. I like how they established the mutual hatred between robots and humans already. It's going to be interesting to see how it develops. I just hope the series follows the same pattern as BSG, that the story always moves on, and not like Stargate SG-1(nothing bad about that)

Edited by Tales

The Cleveland Show

It's a double bill of the first series on E4 tonight, only managed to see the first one because TV is occupied. Was pretty funny though, and seems like family guy but a bit more Simpsons like, but fresh characters which seem pretty cool.

8/10

Chuck vs the Nacho Sampler

Actually a really good episode. Usually its just a fun hour but this had a lot going on. Several BSG references, a new 'friend' for Chuck, amazingly absurd lines such as "just grab it with your mouth!" "if you make me a eunuch [with that laser] I'll show you the meaning of an eye for an eye". 'Tranqenstein'. Weap-Con, a weapons convention. And...

Chuck become even more of a spy, by isolating everyone and drinking alone! Plus I like how they included scenes from the pilot. And Morgan and Ellie working together to find out what Chuck and Devon are up to. Shame the alternative intersect was written out so quickly. Although I loved the moments where the convention tour guy kept wandering in on espionage and thinking it was weapons demonstration.

I couldn't get into the first episode of The Cleveland Show and subsquently have not watched any more thus far. Cleveland was sort of dull to watch. (and the supporting characters) He works well within the Family Guy dynamic but on his own his first outing was a bit meh for me. :)

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6: Meet the Blacks

Larry David I want to savour you but you make it so hard when you make comedy so good. :D Blah 9 episodes of my Birthday Present left to go. At least there is Season 7 for me to watch afterwards!

The Simpsons -Millon Dollar Maybe

Things just worked in this episode. :) It was very pleasing to watch. It was like The Simpsons trying to be classic simpsons again as oppose to trying to imitating Family Guy. It had a sweet ending ala Duffless/and maggie makes 3/Mother Simpsons but obviously not a good. :heh: Even the Nintendo Zii parody sort of worked. Coldplay as guest stars where irrelevant but the new character that was introduced provided the lulz.

It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia The Gang Exploits the Morgage Crisis

Hilarious. We have Charlie talking about Bird Law, we have HOUSE HOUSE HOUSE HOUSE. Some Classic Dee ignoring. FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH! Battering the door down. Hugh honey and Vic Vingear. A disturbing conversation involving a family. More power bottom discussion etc.

Everything!

:heart::heart::heart:

Dollhouse - Epitaph Two

I was really disappointed in this - the previous episode was a great ending (apart from the odd explosion - then everything normal bit) with you knowing that it's all still going to go wrong (thanks to Epitaph One).

This episode didn't seem to do much in the way of explaining what happened (other than "you killed the head, but other people were still around") and all the characters just felt way too relaxed. The "fix everything" button really, really didn't help out, either.

This is clearly the end of the story, and it doesn't feel right because they skipped a massive part of the story. It created many more questions (Seeing Alpha like that - and seeming upset about Paul - was extremely jarring), and didn't relay answer anything at all.

You should. Season two is much tighter in terms of overarching plot/mythology. Plus its just great fun. And full of geeky references including one from the new episode I forgot to mention: Y - The Last Man.

Where else would someone use their knowledge of COD4 to take down a drug/arms/whatever bad guy it was?

In regards to the Cleveland Show. How can anyone want to watch it? Its exactly the same as Family Guy. They only changed the skin hue. Bloody whatshisface.

And Cube, I keep meaning to write more about the Dollhouse finale but

Don't forget Alpha was imprinted with Paul.

Big Love - The Mighty and the Strong

Bill, you're an idiot. But thankfully it makes for some fucking tense watching.

I love how the show unapologetically references back to several years ago without even a "previously on" to slap you round the face and scream "REMEMBER ME!?" (I'm starting to sound like Chair...) With the Margene and Ben stuff from seasons 1 and 3, Sarah's miscarriage from last season and even more casually referenced; Joey's NFL career (which was mentioned once or twice in passing in season one).

Just everything...as it unwrapped. Its scathing. Bill is becoming so detestable. Using everyone around him to serve his rather ludicrous and ridiculously concocted plan.

And poor Adaleen. I love the scene where she just broke down. And how the show pulls no punches in terms of, while not biologically but certainly emotionally/marriage...ley, incestuous relationships.

(and Amanda Seyfried's bum o_O unexpected)

Edited by Ashley

logoL.jpg

Season 2 - Episode 1 & 2

Brilliant on so so many levels.

10/10

I know many people prefer Season One but there is a brilliance about Season Two. Its socio-political aspects alone make it fantastic. And of course, more Dick. Everyone loves Dick.

Desperate Housewives - some episode title

Julie Benz.

That is all.

Oh actually, and Jane Leeves.

Ive found I cant watch too many episodes of Veronica Mars these days or it makes me want to become a Private Investigator all the time

Really makes me want to be a teenage girl as well....

...just me?

I know many people prefer Season One but there is a brilliance about Season Two. Its socio-political aspects alone make it fantastic. And of course, more Dick. Everyone loves Dick.

Well so far it's ace. The best thing about it is the characterisation.

Really makes me want to be a teenage girl as well....

...just me?

Well so far it's ace. The best thing about it is the characterisation.

I think it makes everyone want to be Veronica Mars, surely. I'd like a crossover between Veronica Mars and Glee, just so she can verbally bitchslap all the stupid annoying girls in that. And sing.

Veronica is amazing. She's flawed, deeply flawed, but so damn lovable.

You know what they say, she's a marshmallow.

I may have to rewatch it all again soon.

Veronica Mars is clawing her way up my list of things to watch. Once I finish Dollhouse tonight, and then Caprica episode 1, I'll start on her.

WHOA wait. I'm watching Epitaph 2, Dollhouse finale? Why in the previously bit are there scenes I've never seen? Is that intentional?

Last episode I saw the big Rossum one...

Arrested Development Season 1

Not bad viewing. Not really that funny, but still entertaining.

Before watching this I kept confusing this series with another American show which has a similar old guy with glasses and balding hair like George Snr. Anyone know which one I'm on about?

2ii8k7t.gif

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!