N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to find the catchup on More4 or something.

The repeats are on Sunday at 6pm on Channel 4 and I don't like Will or Kurt much either. I just wish Will would stop rapping!!! It's cringing when he...

The Thong Song...yes, he actually does sing this later on in the series.

other than that, the show is quite great.

Can someone explain to me why Arrested Development is meant to be so great? I have the first boxset, watched like 5 episodes, I thought I loved it but now I'm finding the characters painfully overblown (particularly the bald actor and I think it's Buster) and generally not that amusing. I feel I'm missing something. Does it improve or is it just lost on me?

Start s2 of The Wire which is more brilliant than I remembered it being. Subtitles helped, and generally I think I will soon be hooked.

Can someone explain to me why Arrested Development is meant to be so great? I have the first boxset, watched like 5 episodes, I thought I loved it but now I'm finding the characters painfully overblown (particularly the bald actor and I think it's Buster) and generally not that amusing. I feel I'm missing something. Does it improve or is it just lost on me?

14u9sgn.gif

RETURN FROM WHENCE YOU CAME!

The comedy is mostly derived from the characters (who are, lets not forget, in a perpetual state of arrested development) and how absurd and unlikeable they are (or would be in real life, but amusing to watch). On top of this it relies a lot upon recurring jokes and themes. You will not get this within the first five episodes. You just get the start of it. (there's obviously also more general comedy such as physical and linguistic comedy)

Really the beauty is in the rewatching. I've seen it all at least four times (straight through, that's not including watching random episodes) and its just so dense. I can still spot new jokes, new 'callforwards' (foreshadowing upcoming jokes/storylines) every time I watch.

Watched the new Desperate Housewives yesterday. Not enough Jane Leeves. It did amusing me she was playing a therapist though.

Since i'm too lazy to look it up, someone give me a rundown of what Glee is all about. Is it similar to that lame dance/singing thing that was on ITV1 a while back, Britannia High?

Nyyyeeeahno, it's intentionally tongue-in-cheek, mixing singing/dancing with storylines nothing to do with singing/dancing etc.

It's 100x more promising than it turns out to be and the universal praise I find shocking, but it's patchily enjoyable.

I smell a disgusting non-believer.

20z7dyq.gif

Coming of age

Series 2, Episode 1.

This must be one of the corniest, badly written, horrific comedies I have watched in a very long time.

I want my half an hour back.

It IS written by the writer who done Two Pints. Two Pints was great at first and now it's just gone crap but yet I still watch it...:hmm:

^ I think I glimpsed a bit of that and just thought "Oh, it's Two Pints, but with kids in". So obviously following the same pattern.

Big Love s04e01

Almost an OTT use of a dead body, forgot how much I hate nikki (but think this season will see her playing the "why won't anyone trust me anymore, I'm innocent I swear!" returning-to-good role), and how hot margerie is. MMMmmmmmargerie! And the daughter who's dating the dude from Breaking Bad.

Don't really have any observations of the actual plot. Will watch the 2nd episode tonight.

Yeah, shouldn't be too tricky. Channel 4 are really pushing it.

Not sure if I like it that much. I'm pretty sure I would do but I really REALLY hate the main teacher. Especially when he sings. The students are great.

I just watched 3. Is it him singing? Because it doesn't seem/feel like it. I hate his stupid sentiments. He's unbelievable.

I cringed when they sang the 'I broke your window' song. It was a spontaneous bursting into song moment that I just couldn't handle.

But generally, I enjoy the humour.

I thought I was going to hate that song for the reason of spontaneity, but I actually really enjoyed it. The girl who sang it was ace.

I don't know if that's the teacher's voice but every time he appears on screen I fear the worst. He's like Suresh off of Heroes. Utterly, infuriatingly crap.

I hate the teacher so much.

I thought I was going to hate that song for the reason of spontaneity, but I actually really enjoyed it. The girl who sang it was ace.

I don't know if that's the teacher's voice but every time he appears on screen I fear the worst. He's like Suresh off of Heroes. Utterly, infuriatingly crap.

I liked his narration of Series 1 though! I will defend Heroes series 1 till the death. Well.

Off of? What's happened to you, man :heh:

I just watched 3. Is it him singing? Because it doesn't seem/feel like it. I hate his stupid sentiments. He's unbelievable.

I cringed when they sang the 'I broke your window' song. It was a spontaneous bursting into song moment that I just couldn't handle.

But generally, I enjoy the humour.

It is his voice (Matthew something). Used to be on Broadway.

Re Glee episode 3....

......Meeeeeeh. They lost me a bit to be honest. Theres too much other good stuff I could be watching (BSG) to have time for it tbf, and then I just won't want to catch up.

"Fun" but forgettable.

Also I'm not willing to endure the evilness of the wife. It irritates me.

Newswipe (With Charlie Brooker)

They've changed the title now that he's recognised. Some bloody funny moments in that edition. the American dude that talked about how new stories never happen in our lives was hilarious, I was close to tears during that.

10/10

^ Newswipe's back?? It's not on iplayer. what the fuck. Does iplayer take a day to upload things, I forget.

Thought I'd get some stick for slagging off AD. I'll probably finish it seeings as I paid for the boxset and all, maybe I'll learn to love.

The Wire is so good. And funnier than I remember the first season being. Dominic West - best drunk actor ever.