Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimate Fighter

So the prelims finish 7-1 - the last bout was over damn quick - Marcus looks like a pretty good fighter. The preview for next week's ep suggests Kimbo'll be back -- I actually know that he's on the playcard for a future UFC that isn't the UF final, so I guess Dana will give him a contract regardless.

(I know, nobody gives a shit)

Friday Night Lights

So Tim Riggins 'helped' coach... but is it me, or did we not see what he did? New ex-panther on the lion's team is an interesting character, as is the artist helping Matt. Didn't see any of wossername's new school schtuff - but I guess Riggin's new home certifies that daughter's place as Love Interest for now. Also, Landry is clearly going to fall for that girl-with-complicated-surname, or vice-versa...

Nice episode again :) Damn, I feel like I should feel guilty for liking it.

Oh cool. When's that, then?

If I've done my maths correctly the 12th episode of the season. Which, unless it gets pre-empted again, is six weeks away.

30 Rock - Audition Day

Kathy Geist doing a SuBo, its so amazingly fitting. And generally all the other whack jobs. Tracey and Jenna rounding them up in his car; "Black people, I know I've said some horrible things about you in the press but I have come on a peace mission." The return of Josh...kinda. What are they doing with him this year? Moonvest :D And its not often you get a conversation in Latin on a sitcom.

"That's what I'm talking about, empathy. It's about as useless as the Winter Olympics. This February on NBC." Brilliant.

And they even got Martin Scorsese, Christopher Walker and Gilbert Gottfried. Impressive.

Edited by Ashley
Automerged Doublepost

Supernatural S05e08

One of the best episodes ever, if you ask me! I found myself chuckling a fair few times.

The duo face The Trickster again, only this time he's cooped them up in 'tv land', so they skit from parody to parody of several of our favourite TV shows. Very referential, and self- as well. The last two were definitely the best, but they all had me grinning.

The Trickster's true identity really adds weight to the whole season's movement, and the look he gave Cass at the end gave the whole drama some depth.

I'd say this is probably the best season yet.

Supernatural S05e08

One of the best episodes ever, if you ask me! I found myself chuckling a fair few times.

The duo face The Trickster again, only this time he's cooped them up in 'tv land', so they skit from parody to parody of several of our favourite TV shows. Very referential, and self- as well. The last two were definitely the best, but they all had me grinning.

The Trickster's true identity really adds weight to the whole season's movement, and the look he gave Cass at the end gave the whole drama some depth.

I'd say this is probably the best season yet.

Just this second finished watching, have to agree completely. Love the way Supernatural does these kinds of episodes, kinda like the Ghostfacers (?) ones in previous seasons.

Yes! And the black-and-white ep with dracula (can't remember the details :P). Great tv.

I think I've found a new show to vent with; Ganglands - a documentary series on... er... some american docu channel. First episode is about teh "Aryan Brotherhood" - a prison gang notorious for being generally very violent and bastardly.

Scary, not-for-the-easily-offended type footage of real-life stabbings, stompings, s-maimings, and all glammed up hollywood-style with a deep-throat narrator making it all seem that much more like entertainment than reality, like how you can sit and watch America's Wildest Police Chases and have a chuckle - but still there's that visceral side to it, only cushioned by the safety of well I'm not in a prison, soo....

Although future episodes deal with other gangs in other scenarios, I'm sure I've found a winner.

*goes off to watch more butchery*

Smallville - Kandor

One of the best episodes of Smallville in a long tme, great to have an episode all about the mythology and nothing else.

This episode also went a god way to explaining the whole orb thing and how Zod and his cronies got to Smallville. Didn't explain the British accent though.

Last night I watched the last few eps of BSG. It left me in a bit of a state to be honest. I came downstairs this morning with big black circles around my eyes (from the crying) and my family were genuinely worried.

BSG actually affected me. For a TV show, I think that's amazing. (Thank you Daft!! for making me watch it :)).

Ellen was the last one! Did we already know that? I watched this show in such a sporadic manner, I can't even remember. I know Gaius was going to test her and I remember thinking ''They're making it so obvious that she's a cylon, SHE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE''. Anyway, I liked her almost schizophrenic nature. She'd go from the dysfunctional alcoholic wife to the caring mother of all cylons, in seconds. (Johns speech with ''I want to feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me'' was stunning).

I find it difficult buying into the ''higher power'' message, but I like how taking a leap of faith can be applied to concepts other than just religion. Sometimes giving into to the irrational is more fulfilling than being totally rational ALL OF THE TIME, this I can accept.

Kara. What was she at the end? An angel? I like the mystery they left with her.

The very end shows modern day Earth with the robots and technology, suggesting that the cycle is happening again. All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again. Of course. But a few mins earlier Lee had been preaching about our brains outracing our hearts, learning from lessons of the past, doing it differently to break the cylcle....

Actually I guess it proves that whatever you do you can't break the cycle. *is confused*

I need to watch it again.

ANYWAY I love BSG. I feel empty now it's gone.

Eastbound and Down - Episode 6

Great series.

D'oh Kenny! What'd you doooo that for?!

Guy can't seem to catch a break/do himself any favours.

9/10

Season 1 = 9/10 (refreshing to have a US tv show of 6 half hour episodes.)

@ Molly, I think I'll borrow that now......;)

I think Lee's speech was to highlight the fact he's a stupid idealist :p

V - Pilot

Not bad. At least they went straight into the plot, unlike Flash Forward which spent 15 minutes trying to introduce in-differentiable characters. I still think its a spree show, so will wait until it goes on its hiatus before watching the rest.

Sit Down Shut Up - Helen and Sue's High School Reunion

The last person I ever expected to be on this show was Alanis Morissette.

This episode also went a god way to explaining the whole orb thing and how Zod and his cronies got to Smallville. Didn't explain the British accent though.

lol, why should he have an American accent? He's an alien after all, they don't even explain where he learned English.

But you're right, it was a great episode, almost felt like it could have existed in a Superman comic. And they had a lot of explanations and a lot of nods back to past episodes, in fact it was really good at making a lot of sense and for once, not insulting its fanbase with retcons and plot holes. Maybe its got something to do with having Welling on board as co-executive producer.

Last night I watched the last few eps of BSG. It left me in a bit of a state to be honest. I came downstairs this morning with big black circles around my eyes (from the crying) and my family were genuinely worried.

BSG actually affected me. For a TV show, I think that's amazing. (Thank you Daft!! for making me watch it :)).

Ellen was the last one! Did we already know that? I watched this show in such a sporadic manner, I can't even remember. I know Gaius was going to test her and I remember thinking ''They're making it so obvious that she's a cylon, SHE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE''. Anyway, I liked her almost schizophrenic nature. She'd go from the dysfunctional alcoholic wife to the caring mother of all cylons, in seconds. (Johns speech with ''I want to feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me'' was stunning).

I find it difficult buying into the ''higher power'' message, but I like how taking a leap of faith can be applied to concepts other than just religion. Sometimes giving into to the irrational is more fulfilling than being totally rational ALL OF THE TIME, this I can accept.

Kara. What was she at the end? An angel? I like the mystery they left with her.

The very end shows modern day Earth with the robots and technology, suggesting that the cycle is happening again. All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again. Of course. But a few mins earlier Lee had been preaching about our brains outracing our hearts, learning from lessons of the past, doing it differently to break the cylcle....

Actually I guess it proves that whatever you do you can't break the cycle. *is confused*

I need to watch it again.

ANYWAY I love BSG. I feel empty now it's gone.

I warned you. I felt like I lost a sibling when it finished. (Even though I marathon'd it all in like a month).

South Park- Whale Whores

Brilliant episode. Cartman singing Poker Face was the highlight of the episode for me. I have it as my ringtone as well, lol.

Pah-pah-pah-pokerface pah-pah-pokerface/10

South Park- The F Word

Hilarious episode, loved it yet again.

9/10

I doubt its anything to do with Welling, I think its more the new showrunners we got last season. The show has much more of a "Superman" feel to it since they took over.
Maybe, but I'd like to think he's putting his foot down, trying to coerce the show into a more dignified direction. They were making a bit of a mess out of the character he's made a career out of, I can imagine trying to do something to steer the role you have to portray back to something a bit more intelligent.

I'd imagine Welling would want it to go well because lets face it, once Smallville is over so is he.

Nah, I can see him doing other decent enough things. Anyway, we all know once Smallville finishes, Metropolis begins :heh: