NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I got round to watching the latest two episodes of Dollhouse. It's really turned into what was an interesting show that I mainly watched because of Firefly into a fantastic show. I think I may actually like Dollhouse Season 2 more than Firefly...perhaps even BSG. Since the cancellation, the pacing has been wonderful.

Edit: Randomly looked it up. I thought that the viewer-ship was tiny and the reason for cancellation. 2.10 million still watch a show, which must still be profitable - Stargate Universe only had 1.3 million for it's 10th episode and it's been renewed already.

Edited by Cube

Protifable for a network requires a much bigger thing than a cable network (which SGU is on, SyFy). Only The CW can really accept low figures, but even so they're in the 3.0s and tend to be profitable in other revenues. Fox want 7.0-30.0 ideally.

Never Mind The Buzzcocks: Doctor Who Special

Hillarious! Possibly best episode ever. This series with the special guests hosts has been great, so glad that little jumped up shite Amstell left!

10/10

Hillarious! Possibly best episode ever. This series with the special guests hosts has been great, so glad that little jumped up shite Amstell left!

10/10

Completely disagree, he made Buzzcock's his own. He brought so much to the series, absolutely adore every episode he took part in. Such a funny man. I liked the episode, but definitely not what I'd call the best. The one with Jamelia and the whole "Javine the slaaaag" probably stands as mine. Fucking hilarious throughout.

Completely disagree, he made Buzzcock's his own. He brought so much to the series, absolutely adore every episode he took part in. Such a funny man. I liked the episode, but definitely not what I'd call the best. The one with Jamelia and the whole "Javine the slaaaag" probably stands as mine. Fucking hilarious throughout.

Agreed, he was great. Just randomly watched the one where Preston walks off (and they replace him with a random audience member = ultimate win) and it was cracking.

To be fair though the guest captains have been pretty good this series, and the presence of Noel Fielding makes up for Amstell's departure.

the presence of Noel Fielding makes up for Amstell's departure.

Completely disagree, he's a twat. The guest presenters make up for Amstell's departure. I loved the burn one of the Corrie people had on Amstell:

Amstell: Fact X

Other: It's Fact Y, Lemarr would have done his research.

*Audience laughs at Simon's mistake*

BURN.

Dollhouse the last few, up to The Attic.

I died.

I love. I love how this has got TOO good since it was cancelled. Realised it couldn't be shite any longer, and so got good. I liked the in-joke Dushku makes about being "on-air" in The Attic too.

I'm just riveted to the wall by everything. Come on Adele. Adele, come on.

I love how the new X-Men have been formed at the end of The Attic.

To be fair, they were filming around the 7th/8th episode when the news of cancellation came so they had intended to get better anyway (although perhaps partially because they saw it as inevitable). Don't forget the Priya ep was before the break.

But yeah alas, only three episodes. Ah well, gonna enjoy the ride :D

Oh and I watched the new Scrubs and Better Off Ted yesterday. Braff's last episode apparently. I liked "I don't know Turk, I've left and come back again so many times even I'm confused." Will be interesting to see Sarah Chalke come back too, and I believe Jordan is in the next episode too. Was fun seeing Sunny again. That cheerful bastard.

True Blood- Last of the Series...I think

Great episode, I loved it. I couldn't believe...

who the killer actually was. I didn't think it was Rene. Also, is Lafayette dead?

In the middle of the series, it started to go a little downhill but then it picked itself up again so overall, a good series.

9/10 (for the episode)

7/10 (for the series)

Also Slaggis, LOVE the Glee avatar/signature. I wanted to do it! You beat me to it! :p

I need True Blood season 2 tbh.

Me too! It's ended on such a good cliffhanger.

I got bored, so re-watched most of Dexter Season One this afternoon. It's fast becoming my favourite show. I've never found something so shocking and yet hilarious. It's such a brilliant mix, and Dexter as a character is just indescribable. I think the fact they've made it so easy to see parts of yourself in him (Obviously minus the whole serial killer thing) is what makes him so interesting.

Again, I hate using this word now. But, stunning.

(Plus, Dexter? Take me now.)

10/10

Caught this on iPlayer the other evening and thought it was a good laugh. I've never been a fan of Never Mind the Buzzcocks but the Doctor Who theme was a winner. Cribbins was a legend but Catherine Tate was a tool... she knew nothing!

To be fair, they were filming around the 7th/8th episode when the news of cancellation came so they had intended to get better anyway (although perhaps partially because they saw it as inevitable). Don't forget the Priya ep was before the break.

But yeah alas, only three episodes. Ah well, gonna enjoy the ride :D

I hope they do some kind of Season 3 comic like they did for Buffy. Unless it's really really tied up in the next 3.

Ages ago (well, some point during season one when everyone presumed it would be cancelled) Whedon did say he didn't think it would work as a comic.

Alan Carr: Chatty Man Christmas Special

Fantastic. Alan Carr is one of my favourite comedians and everything in the show had me in stitches. I loved it when he said the Queen should do an X Factor-type intro for her speech. If the Queen did that, that would just be awesome!

9/10

Big Bang Theory- The New One

I'm liking this series so far. Sheldon makes the show in my opinion.

8/10

Big Bang Theory was awesome yesterday. I love knowing which comics they are going to reference. :P

8.5/10

Royal Family

Shame that there were no noticeable locations, then again the show is based indoors.

Prestatyn/10.

Royal Family.

They made the family overly stupid, repeated non-funny jokes throughout, and just generally tried too hard to give off the family vibe in a way that made it in-your-face. The more subtle ways to show the union of these characters was better in the previous one.

Basically it irritated me in the way it was written and was predictable in places.

Won't rate it. It wasn't bad but I just didn't enjoy it like I thought I would.

I got bored, so re-watched most of Dexter Season One this afternoon. It's fast becoming my favourite show. I've never found something so shocking and yet hilarious. It's such a brilliant mix, and Dexter as a character is just indescribable. I think the fact they've made it so easy to see parts of yourself in him (Obviously minus the whole serial killer thing) is what makes him so interesting.

Again, I hate using this word now. But, stunning.

(Plus, Dexter? Take me now.)

Yeah, I finished season 2 the other day, fucking great TV. That season reminded me alot of Death Note if there are any other geeks out there (owait, it's a nintendo forum!) and many OMG WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED moments. Re: the Doakes moments. Apparently s3 is wank though so meh... ah well.

Started watching 24 season 6, the usual mash of silly fun. FBI may aswel be CTU though, same sort of characters.

OMG TONY! OMG BILL! OMG CHLOE!! THE TEAM ARE BACK! EPIC ESCAPE!! / capslock

And sorry but how anyone can watch Doctor Who... how!! I was forced to watch the xmas special the other night, utter fucking shit. Terrible acting, plot, terrible pretty much everything.

Edit: oyeah and Gavin and Stacey - pretty crap and all. I'd say 90% of the laughs came from the Welsh accents.

And sorry but how anyone can watch Doctor Who... how!! I was forced to watch the xmas special the other night, utter fucking shit. Terrible acting, plot, terrible pretty much everything

90% of it was the same footage of The Master laughing... Fairly annoying. I hope the conclusion isn't recycling it also. I'm only watching it to see the Doctor die and the Dalton.

I completely don't understand the love of Doctor Who. Is it that the people that watch and like it aren't aware that there are good TV shows these days?

Is it that the people that watch and like it aren't aware that there are good TV shows these days?

Nope, that's Lost.

Royal Family.

They made the family overly stupid, repeated non-funny jokes throughout, and just generally tried too hard to give off the family vibe in a way that made it in-your-face. The more subtle ways to show the union of these characters was better in the previous one.

Basically it irritated me in the way it was written and was predictable in places.

Won't rate it. It wasn't bad but I just didn't enjoy it like I thought I would.

Yup, same here.

The Royle Family: The Golden Egg Cup hehehe

Yeah, I thought I'd enjoy it but found it above average. I love the Royle Family and I have every series and special episode on DVD but didn't think much of this unfortunately. The Queen of Sheba is definitely the best special episode ever! They had to rush and film it in one day because of some camera malfunction so given that, it weren't so bad. I just wanted them to shut up about the effing egg cup.

6/10

Doctor Who: The End of Time- Pt I

Decent episode but I wanted the Master to STFU laughing. WHAT'S SO FUNNY?!

7.5/10

Catherine Tate's Nan's Christmas Carol

I thought this was quite funny, the part when she goes in the past was the best part of the show.

7/10