NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

NEVER!

never-nude.jpg

(damn new-page-out-of-contextness!)

Edited by Ashley

Dexter Season 2 (First Half)

This is fast becoming my favourite show by a long shot. I can't think of one bad word to utter when it comes to discussing it with someone. I'm constantly finding myself demanding others watch it, to the point where I'm even annoying myself. I love how the show manages to stay as fresh as it was in the first episode due to the constant little surprises and twisted developments that Dexter's character has to deal with. Every episode seems to reveal something new about Dexter as a character and it's almost mesmerizing watching him deal with his constant urge whilst trying to appear annoyingly normal to the people that surround him everyday.

He obviously must because there's two more seasons ahead of me, but I'm completely stumped as to how he manages to worm his way out of the situations he's in currently during Season 2. Which I love. There's nothing worse than being able to predict exactly what's going to happen, whether it be in a film or a television show. It's like, every single set back he encounters, I almost feel the sudden tension he feels due to not having a clue how it's going to end.

Plus, my god. He's terrifyingly attractive.

Need...more....now.

Edited by Slaggis

Concurrently re-watching Arrested Development Season 1 and 2; 1 with chairdriver, 2 with my sister.

Too good.

Just...the best thing. Lies are all I hear from those who say thee nay.

I love Arrested Development as much as the guy above me. (Yep, him there.)

Got Season 2 for Christmas. I must...must...MUST...watch it all from the beginning. I must...

...I just blue myself.

I tried to get my Dad into Arrested Development. Unfortunately his partner didn't get it and wasn't willing to put up with a few episodes of 'HUH?' to get into it. Got some belly laughs from my pap though. Most consistently hilarious show around. Such depth to the comedy too, I'm constantly spotting new things. Bring on the film. In fact, seen as it gets a lot of love around here (I've never known anyone in real that's even heard of it), big massive N-E trip to the cinema as soon as it's out?!

Oh and Slaggis, stick with Dexter through the relatively poor season 3 as season 4 is just spectacular.

I watched the first 2 eps of Arrested Development and I was not that impressed. I've been told to endure the first few before the good times roll, so I will do so. For you lot. Because I trust you.

Like I said to someone (Shorty I believe) its a show that requires laughing at the characters/at the continuing jokes so it does take a few episodes to really get into that.

Dexter Season 3 on the whole isn't as good as the first two. Too much focus on relationships and not enough on

Dexter's intentions to 'explore new rituals' that he promised at the end of season 2.

A tad more predictable, and Deb annoys me how she completely forgets about wossisname (old FBI dude).

In all, it felt more like filler season trying to get a bunch of foundation shit out of the way before the next season.

(having said that, I've only just started watching teh finale! I have s04 ready and raring to go, mind you)

I watched the first 2 eps of Arrested Development and I was not that impressed. I've been told to endure the first few before the good times roll, so I will do so. For you lot. Because I trust you.

Bear in mind our opinion of you hinges on this. So...

lie to us if you don't like it. :kiss:

Arrested Development is made of FTW.

Dexter Season 3 on the whole isn't as good as the first two. Too much focus on relationships and not enough on
Dexter's intentions to 'explore new rituals' that he promised at the end of season 2.

A tad more predictable, and Deb annoys me how she completely forgets about wossisname (old FBI dude).

In all, it felt more like filler season trying to get a bunch of foundation shit out of the way before the next season.

(having said that, I've only just started watching teh finale! I have s04 ready and raring to go, mind you)

I preferred Season 3 to Season 2 personally. In fact I thought it was a lot better. But obviously all still amazing.

Celso from scrubs is on The Next Generation right now on Virgin 1. This is going to be ace.

I think I was more interested in Season Three in terms of concept. Jimmy Smit's character should have really been interesting but I can remember in actuality...not so much. I still enjoyed it, but it didn't feature the line "pardon my tits".

I think I was more interested in Season Three in terms of concept. Jimmy Smit's character should have really been interesting but I can remember in actuality...not so much. I still enjoyed it, but it didn't feature the line "pardon my tits".

Yeah I think that's what annoyed me about it. It SHOULD have been awesome. There was definitely potential there with the idea, I just don't like what they did with it. The episodes got veerrrry samey and there wasn't much story progression around the mid season.

I watched House for the first time today dunno what episode

A child had a tumour and then started to hallucinate but that was caused by a different problem or something like that

I enjoyed but it wasn't that great i'll watch a few more and decide if i like it

Dexter S1E1,2 and 3

Loving it so far. I watched random episodes on ITV4 before and I loved watching them but they were all over the place and I never knew what happened as they never really followed on and I was missing bits and pieces (no pun intended) but I THINK I may have watched like three episodes of Season Two so I stopped watching. My friend has the boxset and so he gave it to me to watch and I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I think this will be on the same level as The Sopranos, fantastic television and makes you want to watch the next episode ASAP. I'd love to read the books so I think I may skip Peter Kay and try to find them in my library.

10/10

Edited by Animal

Every now and again George Michael gets to me and I end up in a fit of hysterics.

Woop! You're watching it. :D

-----

Big Bang Theory Season 3 Episode 3

Amazing. I love how the group were like split into two for the episode, and both of their stories were funny, and just it was good how although seperated they still work as different combinations. Some very funny gags in this. I loved the Sheldon "You're improbable" as opposed to impossible gag.

8.3/10

Eastenders - The Two Parter (Syed's wedding)

I gasped. I laughed. I got a little teary. AMAZING.

Syed's mum's reaction to finding out he was sleeping with Christian was pretty disgusting. She knew he would do exactly what she said and would rather see Syed living in denial for the rest of his life rather than be with Christian. The goodbye forehead kiss was heartbreaking. Supposedly their storyline "isn't even half done" which is such a bitch. I thought this would be the conclusion, but it's going to be months before something happens or so it seems. Goodbye life.

But, fucking Libby and the baby thing? I DON'T CARE.

Of course its not done. This is a SOAP. Stands for Such Overstretched Average Plotlines don't you know? I could the tail end of it when we got back from work. I want a Muslim wedding. Christian ones are so dull.

Eastenders - The Two Parter (Syed's wedding)

I gasped. I laughed. I got a little teary. AMAZING.

Syed's mum's reaction to finding out he was sleeping with Christian was pretty disgusting. She knew he would do exactly what she said and would rather see Syed living in denial for the rest of his life rather than be with Christian. The goodbye forehead kiss was heartbreaking. Supposedly their storyline "isn't even half done" which is such a bitch. I thought this would be the conclusion, but it's going to be months before something happens or so it seems. Goodbye life.

But, fucking Libby and the baby thing? I DON'T CARE.

I'm the opposite to this, that was so shocking when she said that because I thought Eastenders would have dragged that out for months. Plus I like Libby and the Fox family but I can't stand Adam!

Plus, don't Muslims say it's against their religion to be homosexual or something because of their faith? Also, I started getting bored of the storyline pretty fast as it went on and on for months. Half of the storylines in Eastenders are dragged. I can imagine we won't find out who killed Archie until February or March.