NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Veronica Mars is on my "list". I always forget about it when I'm in shops looking at boxsets though. :(

Veronica Mars is on my "list". I always forget about it when I'm in shops looking at boxsets though. :(

They arent out over here anyway

The Wire

Season 2

Such a fucking amazing TV show.

I honestly have to tear myself away from this show.

The Wire

Season 2

Such a fucking amazing TV show.

I honestly have to tear myself away from this show.

so it's as good as everyone makes out, i'm contemplating getting the complete set whilst its cheap everywhere

I never finished The Wire Season 1. It was brilliant. But so involving and unrelenting and I think at the time I really wasn't geling with it. But yeah, It's awesome and I'll finish it and move onto the others soon!

I don't know why it's brilliant.

I'm not sure what it does.

It does something that feels very different and is just encapsulating.

Cougar Town

Started watching this on the slight chance it would be fun, and thankfully it is. Loving Courtney Cox's character to death, and it's genuinely funny throughout too. I love the constant bitchy comments they make between each other and yet it's so obvious how much they love each other.

"She's hot...for a frigid beastly elderly woman"

"You think I'm hot?"

Enjoyable

Edited by Slaggis

Cougar Town: Episode 1

Okay. I like Courtney Cox but her son is just cringe worthy.

Community Episodes 1-6

Fun so far! One part was absolutely hilarious. This has potential. :D

What is Glee about/like.

Am I likely to like it?

Like.

Absolutely love it. I usually end up having a continuous smile on my face whilst watching an episode. About? Surely any trailer makes it obvious. I can't understand some of the hate on here concerning it.

Cougar Town: Episode 1

Okay. I like Courtney Cox but her son is just cringe worthy.

I'm up to the same episode now and absolutely loving it.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

It's quite shit, but I'd watch it just for Sue Sylvester, played by Jane Lynch. A very entertaining character.

It's one of those shows where you just know YOU could have plotted it better. Half of the actual "Glee Club" have next to no lines and are never explained at all or anything, and the music is horribly mixed and mimed (i.e horribly mimed. Obviously it has to be mimed. But it's just done badly cause the songs sounds so out of place or sung by horrible singers like Quin).

But it is quite entertaining in patches. It's not awful, just dissapointing (IMO).

^ She doesn't play herself in Arrested Development!

I assume so. She's good though. I've never seen anything else with her in it (except AD, in which she is different). It's well-written.

logoL.jpg

Episode 1 and 2. Snappy stuff. One of those rare series that hooked me 15 minutes into the first episode (Nothing's beaten BSG's record of 47.3 seconds).

8.5/10

Something tells me I probably would have told you to do this a few years ago :heh:

But yeah, the pilot is one of those rare pilots that actually really works. Did you watch the extended or normal version? By extended I mean they included this brilliant tone-setting opening:

And is Cougar Town now showing over here or something? Either way, just watched the episode with Lisa Kudrow in. Not bad. Although I never expect much from the show, its just an entertaining 20-odd minutes. And had a Veronica Mars alum in it. LINK!

Also watched the two new Scrubs (okay) and the two new Better off Ted (great and good) episodes on the train the last few days. In the first one the company enforces longer working hours to meet a deadline to make a machine that cures sleeplessness which results in someone dying and amusing quotes such as:

"All the hard work, late nights and no rest have paid off. We've cured sleeplessness. And demonstrated irony."

"Legal is also throwing around the idea that his death was a pre-existing condition before he began working for us."

"The company feels if we ease up just because somebody died it will only encourage other people to die."

And an old classic;

Ted: The system doesn't see black people?

Veronica: I know. Weird, huh?

Ted: That's more than weird, Veronica. That's basically, well... racist.

Veronica: The company's position is that it's actually the opposite of racist, because it's not targeting black people. It's just ignoring them. They insist the worst people can call it is "indifferent."

Ted: Well, they know it has to be fixed, right? Please... at least say they know that.

Veronica: Of course they do, and they're working on it. In the meantime they'd like everyone to celebrate the fact that it sees Hispanics, Asians, Pacific Islanders, and Jews.

Its a shame its going to get cancelled.

Oh and Jane Lynch was quite different in Party Down . She was kooky but filled with warmth.

But I suppose she was similarly cold on Veronica Mars, but more bitter because of her crappy life.

Edited by Ashley

What is Glee about/like.

Am I likely to like it?

Like.

Absolutely love it.

Damned with faint praise :kiss:

Glee is only really worth it for Lynch. The rest of it is varying degrees of crap.

Absolutely love it. I usually end up having a continuous smile on my face whilst watching an episode. About? Surely any trailer makes it obvious. I can't understand some of the hate on here concerning it.

This. The show is just awesome, I love it. It's just fun to watch, especially for Sue because, even though I hate her, she makes the show interesting. I love it myself and I can't really understand the hate on here either, I don't know how anyone can hate it (probably because they take it seriously?)

I don't know how anyone can hate it (probably because they take it seriously?)

Because the show takes itself seriously. Then its a big joke. Then its SRS BSNESS! Then its a parody. Then serious again. Then it uses stereotypes by the bucket loads. Then its serious. Then its farcical.

See it looks quite fun, kind of like Ugly Betty but not shit....BUT one of the reasons I hate Ugly Betty is because;

Because the show takes itself seriously. Then its a big joke. Then its SRS BSNESS! Then its a parody. Then serious again. Then it uses stereotypes by the bucket loads. Then its serious. Then its farcical.

So this makes me want to throw up. Might watch the first few and see if it pickles my tickle.

Its watchable if you don't take it too seriously, but at times it can be fucking annoying/offensive. For instance in one episode there was a scene about a faked pregnancy and the implications, immediately followed by a comically-selective deaf person (ie they only don't hear things when it will be funny). That being said some of the musical numbers can be fun and escapist. (except 'Imagine' which made me want to vomit)

The one where they're on the pile of mattresses was good (the song/performance).

Can't think of any others I really liked. Some of the mash-ups.