• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah as far as I know all of them run... everyone I have tried so far has worked ok... did you see my reply about the dualshock 3's?

Yeah, sorry cheers for that. I wont have the cash this month to pick one up this month, but I might get one soon. Anyone think they'll sell the white one here?

Just picked up Resistance on Ebay for £7.37. Not too bad.

Will my 40GB PS3 play all PS1 games? Thinking of picking up Abe's Oddysee as it's not on the Store. I've had a quick Google of it and it looks like it should run although not sure if ALL games work or whether 40GB PS3s run any.

It won't run any ps2 games don't know about ps1 though.

Well, it doesn't work at all with 40 GB ps3, works completly (via emotion engine/hardware) in 20 gb and 60 gb ntsc ps3 (there aren't 20 GB PAL PS3s anyway), it works partially in the 60 gb PAL and 80 gb ps3 , because it's emulated via software (like 360)

Yeah, sorry cheers for that. I wont have the cash this month to pick one up this month, but I might get one soon. Anyone think they'll sell the white one here?

Just picked up Resistance on Ebay for £7.37. Not too bad.

Thats a bargain...I've been looking to pick it up...may have to check out ebay.

Do the new 40g PS3's play PS2 games?

And did you say ALL PS1 games work on PS3?

No the new 40 gigs still don't. All PS3's have the same hardware PS1 emulation though as far as I know it is not software based like the early PS3, PS2 emulation was removed from all PS3's produced after date X. PS1 emulation is like 99% there was a list doing the rounds around the original launch of stuff that didn't work...

Well I've not played anything on PS3 for a while, can't be arsed with Heavenly Sword and Ratchet right now so thought I'd see if I could pick up something for cheap.

Nothing to play?! I've got a glut with The Darkness, MGS4 and GTA 4 to still complete plus MGS1....still wanna ger resistance before the second one comes out.

Well I've not played anything on PS3 for a while, can't be arsed with Heavenly Sword and Ratchet right now so thought I'd see if I could pick up something for cheap.

You can also pick up The Darkness and Uncharted for cheaps if you don't have them. If you didn't fancy being retro :P

Nothing to play?! I've got a glut with The Darkness, MGS4 and GTA 4 to still complete plus MGS1....still wanna ger resistance before the second one comes out.

I don't like Metal Gear, and own GTA on Xbox 360 so nothing there.

You can also pick up The Darkness and Uncharted for cheaps if you don't have them. If you didn't fancy being retro :P

I've finished Uncharted and loooooove the darkness but I've already finished that on Xbox 360.

If games are available on both systems I've been picking up the 360 version due to the better controller, better online (that friends play on as well), and (not that I'd make it a deciding factor) achievements.

I currently own Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Unreal 3, Heavenly Sword, and Uncharted, and once it arrives Resistance.

Heavenly Sword I find repetitive so play through a chapter once every so often, and Ratchet I need to get past an annoying level which I will do soon enough.

I bought a PS3 as a Blu Ray player so I wasn't expecting to buy a ton of games for it anyway.

well annoyed about my DS3...got message saying;

Hello, we will dispatch your item before 20 June. Order processing and dispatching takes 1 to 5 working days as stated in the item description. Please allow 1 to 5 working days for delivery. Thank you

So knowing my luck I won't get it until 25th June GRRRR I want it now!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35193.html

This Resistance 2 movie looks awesome...I will have to pick up the first one before this comes out....how long does it take to rush through the story mode?

Can't wait for Resistance 2! Looks the win!

And I'll say around 15 - 20 hours to complete the story on the first one. Been awhile since I have completed it though.

Resistance for that cheap? That's a great price, it's a pretty good launch game and great multi.

I don't really like Resistance, much prefer other shooters like CoD, even CoD 3 i find more fun than Resistance. I think it's the, in my opinion, crappy character models and cheap ways it kills you, minor frustrations but no where near as annoying as Heavenly For-Fuck-Sake-Sixaxis-Control-Sucks-You-Stupid-Developer Sword.

Just do what I did and knock the sixaxis control methods off and use the analogue stick, makes things a hell of alot easier :)

How bloody dumb am i?! I didn't realise there was an option to turn it off! haha

Still, the game sucks when it comes to the Bjork-wannabe's bits . . . sadly.

Just do what I did and knock the sixaxis control methods off and use the analogue stick, makes things a hell of alot easier :)

I did that on Ratchet and Clank and it somehow wasn't as fun. Pobably the developers fault for being shite.

Guest Stefkov
I did that on Ratchet and Clank and it somehow wasn't as fun. Pobably the developers fault for being shite.

The motion controls were hardly used in R&C from what I remember. Gliding down from the sky is all I remember doing and the controls were fine for that.

The motion controls were hardly used in R&C from what I remember. Gliding down from the sky is all I remember doing and the controls were fine for that.

Gliding in the air, shooting the laser on a wall and erm when doing the pirate dance? Oh and when u were hacking and had to roll that ball around (although for the last one i think i turned off the motion coz i found it 2 hard on the later ones, lol).