• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, that would be excellent if it's true. Somehow i can't seeing it be though. You never know though!

I wouldn't be that surprised since Burnout is meant to get an update with custom soundtrack some time this month. Fingers crossed anyway.

http://kotaku.com/5012056/report-in+game-xmb-for-ps3-is-otw

Rumor has this hitting on the 10th and that Konami pushed heavily for it because of features integrated into MGS4.

Can't wait. The iPod in MGS4 = Custom Soundtrack? Would be awesome even though I love MGS music.

You beat me to this...I think if Konami push this can only be a good thing because the online beta was a nightmare having its own username system etc....we already know 2D trophy achievements are rumoured to be on their way in June so this could all work out very well with arguably the biggest exclusive this year.

Im hoping I dont get addicted to the trophy system, its bad enough being an achievement point whore.

If there were other bonuses to the trophies, would you start buying PS3 games over xbox games (assuming the title was available on both systems)?

If there were other bonuses to the trophies, would you start buying PS3 games over xbox games (assuming the title was available on both systems)?

Good question. Hmmmm, im not sure as I really love the 360 pad ( best pad EVER IMO ) and I enjoy the dashboard system. In the end I would probably go with the 360 version as hardly any of my mates have a PS3 but all of them have 360s.

Fair enough. I'm favoring my PS3 because of my uber hard drive (not really a big deal but for some unknown reason I much prefer having my own in there) and the fan/disk drive noise of the 360 is still annoying (I know its not as loud as some people make it out to be but I can't help but notice it when playing Eternal Sonata and quieter games in general).

I wish I could just switch the analog stick and the d-pad on the DS3.

Fair enough. I'm favoring my PS3 because of my uber hard drive (not really a big deal but for some unknown reason I much prefer having my own in there) and the fan/disk drive noise of the 360 is still annoying (I know its not as loud as some people make it out to be but I can't help but notice it when playing Eternal Sonata and quieter games in general).

I wish I could just switch the analog stick and the d-pad on the DS3.

there is a mod around showing how to convert a ps controller into a 360 controller.

here it is;

http://benheck.com/04-14-2007/ps360-controller

I've always been tempted to get it done!

I've been looking at Battle Fantasia for a while now. I'm sure I read somewhere that its being released in the US towards the end of the year but I'm considering just importing the Jap version. Does anyone know if you can still play people online if you're using an import version of a PS3 game or do you need to have a Japanese PSN account?

Does anyone have a Playstation Eye? Are there any good games for it? I was thinking of getting one especially as LBP is going to use it.

Trials of Topoq is pretty fun. The rest of the games on the PSN store are more like toys though to be honest. It's implemented quite well in Burnout though: Get taken down online and it takes a snapshot of you giving the V's to the player that took you down. :heh:

LBP uses the playstation eye?!! how?!

Take photos of stuff, like textures or your face even, and allowing you to edit them into levels.

Just ordered one. Should be fun to mess around with. Should be good with MGO as well, I don't like using headsets.

Decided to get a PS3 sometime in the Autumn, I'm not up to date with the whole "60gig/40gig" PS3 versions.

So could someone explain the differences and availability?

If you want a 60GB I imagine you will have to go second-hand..

As for other differences, the only thing that springs to mind is that the 40GB model is not backwards compatible..

If you want a 60GB I imagine you will have to go second-hand..

As for other differences, the only thing that springs to mind is that the 40GB model is not backwards compatible..

Isn't PS2 backwards compatible...PS1 is though... It also has less media slots etc...only sports 2 usb ports now...

But yeah 60gb are hard to come by I tried when I got mine but to no avail.

EDIT (owing to doublepost!)

Saw this news can only be good;

As german site inplaystation.de reports, downward compatibility for the 40GB PS3 will be available this october via firmware upgrade. They talked to a Sony importer from germany who told them, Sony is going to release a new firmware which allows a fully software emulation of PS2 games.

Since Sony announced that they're going to offer downloadable PS2 games in PSN, this rumor sounds believable.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-152943.aspx

I've always said that as soon as PS2 stopped being a viable platform we may well see the introduction of PS2 on PSN and emulation... With PS2 new releases now dropping off and the sales of the consoles finally slowing down this can only be a good thing. To be honest in some ways removing the PS3 emulation was a good move it helped the console be cheaper (more in US where it was chip based rather than software based) and would encourage people to buy more PS3 games and therefore drive software sales.

Means I could catch up on the likes of God of War and MGS.