• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you "purchase" them (i.e. get to the download stage - you can cancel the download if you want) you can redownload them until you stop your subscription.

There will be a red "purchased" mark on them.

Metal Gear Solid 4 will get a Trophy patch, according to an interview with Hideo Kojima in this week's Famitsu. The magazine does not reveal a date for the patch, but MGS4 is scheduled to receive a budget release in in August, so the timing could coincide with that.

The interview also reveals that Konami will hold a Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary Event on August 30 at Tokyo Midtown (the office complex that houses Konami's main office). There will be some sort of announcement at the this event, Kojima reveals in the interview. This announcement is apparently related to the vision he's previously shared about a game that connects people. Peace Walker's "Transfarring" component served as a test for this vision.

Unlike our other Famitsu reports, which came from our usual source, Sinobi, we're not totally sure of the source for this particular Famitsu report. We should have confirmation later in the day.

Better late than never. :D

Hmm...makes me think of something Sony could do with this and Gakai.

I think Gakai will be exclusive to the PS3 and PS4 (perhaps there will be a version that runs Ps1/2/PSP/Vita games on Vita).

Now, the PS4 will likely be an expensive bit of kit. Sony themselves tend to make a loss on the console itself and it means they have to create their userbase from scratch.

Now, Sony will still release a console. It creates a "standard" for all games (making it easier for developers), and allows people who either prefer retail games or don't have a good enough internet connection to play the games.

However, I also think Sony will allow all owners of the Ps3 to buy and play PS4 games through Gakai, meaning that the Ps4 would start with a potentially massive userbase.

This "super slim" console may be released at a similar time to the PS4, be mega cheap and be advertised for the Gakai (the name will change) and it's ability to play PS4 games through it. Perhaps even give it an overhauled interface more in line with their PS4 plans.

And to allow games to be gifted and stuff still, I would expect PS4 discs to be recognised by the PS3, and you can play them through the Gakai service at no additional cost (there would likely be an "online pass" so you can only use the disc on one account).

Then why would anyone buy a ps4?

I still don't understand how the gameplay of MGS4 works.

I just don't fully get the games. Metal gear solid was pretty good, but of a struggle at times... Tried playing 4, just can't get into the game. I've always been meaning to give it another go, but I think it's just one of those series that doesn't click with me.

But then investment in next gen games would be radically less risky because you'd have an install base of 60+ million people - unlike a new console. And I'm pretty sure Sony have worked out that the Playstation platform is more than just hardware, not to mention more importent than sticking to hardware as the core of the business.

Edited by Daft
MOFOing typos

But it would take a HUGE market away from buying the PS4. It will never ever ever ever happen!

But the console is usually sold below cost, so it would save them money. The reason for this is to increase the install base as soon as possible - the profit is from the games.

But the console is usually sold below cost, so it would save them money. The reason for this is to increase the install base as soon as possible - the profit is from the games.

So why release a new console at all then? It's a moot point because there is no way Sony will do what you say. They will either release a PS4 ultra powerful console, 'somehow' make the PS3 an online-like device, or release a new online-like device. But it'll be an ultra powerful PS4!

Streaming services won't become the 'norm' for a while, UK broadband is just too shit.

True. But hopefully with UK getting big fibre optic infrastructure upgrades companies take advantage.

For gaming, platforms cant just be restricted to one box hardware anymore.

True. But hopefully with UK getting big fibre optic infrastructure upgrades companies take advantage.

But that's just this country...Look at how big a country the US is and how large parts of it don't have fast internet at all. Hell the fibre optic push is still not gonna reach some parts of the UK.

But that's just this country...Look at how big a country the US is and how large parts of it don't have fast internet at all. Hell the fibre optic push is still not gonna reach some parts of the UK.

Looks like I'm not the only one who agreees with you flamey.

9966378.jpg

The fibre optic push seems to be focusing on areas with fast internet (which is more than fast enough for 99.99% of users - I opted for line broadband instead of cable because it was fast enough) and completely ignoring places with extremely slow connections.

Still: The variety of internet connections is what I've been trying to explain as to why both streaming and a box would work.

The fibre optic push seems to be focusing on areas with fast internet (which is more than fast enough for 99.99% of users - I opted for line broadband instead of cable because it was fast enough) and completely ignoring places with extremely slow connections.

Still: The variety of internet connections is what I've been trying to explain as to why both streaming and a box would work.

True. I mean if it's offered as an option then that's fine. I'm a massive fan of Onlive I have the microconsole and when its running through my 50MBPS line its smooth as hell, sure the graphics aren't top draw but over time as they improve their server setups etc...it will certainly get better.

For me like I said before I'd be happy if the initial implementation of Gaikai was as "simple" as letting us stream demos rather than downloading them.

It's whack, I really want fibre optic broadband and our local exchange is enabled for it, but because they haven't upgraded the green cabinet by our house we can't get it, no ETA either. Like they don't want our money!