• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my new router today and everything is connecting fine with it, including the Vita but my PS3 seems to find it once when I search and say its working then loses it when I exit network settings and when I scan for it, it cant find it anymore. Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

I don't play online. But I accidently activated it when I was scrolling down the menu for something else, and it seemed like the community was active. Think I saw 7-8 usernames on a list and people talking through headphones.

For me, the online co-op challenges (a different set for each amount of players from 2 to 8) were the main part of the game - of which there were 500 in the end.

It's a lot of fun working together for them as the game also makes them competitive- showing how much each player worked towards (and beyond) the goal, while mixing it up with games and stuff.

Without the big launch community (it also helped that I played it on 360, where a microphone is included as default), the online also probably isn't as appealing.

It takes a long time to level up once you get to level 13+ it seems. Saw someone who had 140+ platinum and only around lv 18.

It's not that it's taking a long time to level up, it's more the fact I can't be bothered to play much these days. I have Yakuza 3, Jak 2+3, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Medival Moves and House of the Dead: Overkill all sitting waiting to be played. I need to snap out of the gaming rut i'm in.

You haven't even seen the game and you're the one whose made the assumption. How exactly do you think you can take the 'moral' high ground here?

Yeah, I love Sony (although not blindly, see Uncharted 3 thread for how badly they cunted up that and actually I've made it clear a load of times how utterly retarded SCEE are - Sony's strategy in the UK has been diabolically bad) but I've always made it clear my opinions of Nintendo (because I have none of Microsoft) are my own. And I don't go into the Wii boards and make them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this generation I've cycled through all three companies as my choice of console. Because at certain times they offered me exactly what I wanted. I have very little company loyalty. As soon as Sony stop doing what I want, they'll lose my buck (I didn't buy a PSP last gen because they were shit. I loved my DS). And for now they are moving in the direction I want gaming to go. Not Nintendo - with they lame infrastructure and piss poor gaming narrative. Not Microsoft - with their emphasis shifted to general entertainment and Kinect. Sony.

Also, having all those consoles means nothing. I don't have time waste playing everything.

How about this, I've worked for all three companies and you haven't. That's the difference between you and me. And it makes very little difference.

Basically, cork it. You made that comment in the Playstation thread knowing it was a troll. What else could it be.

Why do you think I'm trolling? I'm not. In any way. Are you saying nothing negative can be said in a forum? That's ridiculous, surely we should encourage debate. Why do you think I troll on playstation? I don't. Why would I buy a vita if I didn't like what they do or see potential in the system? Doesn't mean I can't have issue with it. But any negative comment is classed as trolling... Personally I'd like to talk about the pros and cons of things, or have slight jabs at companies who do things like copy, have a bit of a laugh at it, same way we all laugh at Wii Music, or Kinect's lag videos, or whatever.

The only reason I mentioned the console is because you slag off Nintendo quite a bit, but you don't seem to play any of their games over the past couple of years, yet you call me a fan boy and troll just because I say a few bad things about Sony yet I am playing their games and consoles, just trying to say I have an informed opinion.

Oh well. I guess you feel I'm trolling, which I promise I'm not, and I feel like you get jumped on whenever you say anything critical about Sony.

Why do you think I'm trolling? I'm not. In any way. Are you saying nothing negative can be said in a forum? That's ridiculous, surely we should encourage debate. Why do you think I troll on playstation? I don't. Why would I buy a vita if I didn't like what they do or see potential in the system? Doesn't mean I can't have issue with it. But any negative comment is classed as trolling... Personally I'd like to talk about the pros and cons of things, or have slight jabs at companies who do things like copy, have a bit of a laugh at it, same way we all laugh at Wii Music, or Kinect's lag videos, or whatever.

The only reason I mentioned the console is because you slag off Nintendo quite a bit, but you don't seem to play any of their games over the past couple of years, yet you call me a fan boy and troll just because I say a few bad things about Sony yet I am playing their games and consoles, just trying to say I have an informed opinion.

Oh well. I guess you feel I'm trolling, which I promise I'm not, and I feel like you get jumped on whenever you say anything critical about Sony.

Nah not really. If you look back a few pages, you will see I restrained how much I was cursing about the data backup/transfer/cloud utility that sony has is place. Most would agree it's a shambles, or at the very least, annoying in some fashion.

Go back further and alot of us have no love for the web browser. Console/Media center is not a replacement for a pc based web browser. Heck even my iphone out-performs it.

I think most of us have no love for the console companies, but rather the game developers instead.

EDIT: And now I have a new PS3 I need regain my trust that it wont blow up if I turn it on, so I am totally up for evening sessions of games...just due to being ill for so long, I haven't gotten a ps3 game since 2010 :blank:

Edited by Deathjam

With the mention of Burnout Paradise, I'm surprised @Cookyman isn't in here organising an evening online session.

Take me down to the paradise city

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Take me home

2879659316_85d3571247.jpg

@dazzybee just to fan the flames further - I use my Wii regularly......................................... as a Netflix player it's all it's good for these days. I'm amazed it still worked after 3 years on standby!

the-troll-hunter-header.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

Help please!

I bought a PS3 and it turned up today. Bought a couple of games with it (Skyrim and Uncharted 3) and couldn't wait to get playing. I turn it on and Skyrim freezes about 30 seconds into my clicking new game and the initial first scenes beginning. I restart and the same thing happens in a slightly difference place. I uninstall the patch and it works up until creating a new character and then freezes again.

I try Uncharted, and it works until about 3 minutes into the game and then does exactly the same thing no matter what I do. I've even gone into Safe Mode and reset things, but nothing. It does however, play normal DVD's perfectly well, and doesn't freeze on the home-screen.

Basically, is it fucked before I've already used it?

Where did you buy it? It isn't second-hand, is it?

Frankly it sounds like you've received a duff unit. From your wording I take it you bought it online which is a pain, but so long as you went through someone reputable it shouldn't be hard to arrange a replacement. I know it's annoying to have to wait a few more days, but in the long run it'll be better for your peace of mind to swap it now rather than try to troubleshoot what is likely a hardware fault.

It was indeed online, and no it wasn't second hand either. It's such a pain! I'm assuming there's an issue with the Blu-ray drive, as it still plays DVD's perfectly and doesn't freeze on the home scree. But what confuses me is, how it manages to load the games at all if there's something wrong with it.

I imagine it's more of a load/heat issue. Sitting on the XMB or playing DVDs isn't going to put much strain on the system whereas things will kick into gear when playing games.

Speaking of which, the machine is in a well ventilated position, yes? Not that I expect it really matters given how quickly you're running into freezing issues; a healthy unit should hold out far better even in an enclosed space.

I imagine it's more of a load/heat issue. Sitting on the XMB or playing DVDs isn't going to put much strain on the system whereas things will kick into gear when playing games.

Speaking of which, the machine is in a well ventilated position, yes? Not that I expect it really matters given how quickly you're running into freezing issues; a healthy unit should hold out far better even in an enclosed space.

Oh yes, I've tried it in both horizontal and vertical positions. Put it in an open space, and even had a fan blowing next to it as I also figured it could be something like that. It's just so confusing! I'd be inclined to think it was the games, but considering they're both also new and both stop after 2 minutes or so, it's blatantly got to be the console.

I hate today.

2879659316_85d3571247.jpg

@dazzybee just to fan the flames further - I use my Wii regularly......................................... as a Netflix player it's all it's good for these days. I'm amazed it still worked after 3 years on standby!

the-troll-hunter-header.jpg

Haha. Admit it, it streams Netflix WAY better than the PS3!

I have no problem people not playing the wii, the graphics are hard to stomach sometimes and it doesn't have the big 3rd party games. Personally I think it's had some incredible pieces of software which more fit my style - mario galaxy, Zelda, donkey kong (the usual suspects), I guess my limited brain struggles to comprehend how game fans wouldn't play those games :D

Let me know when and I'll try to show up. Would be nice to visit the city again. I just need to make sure I've unlocked the roadster in the PS3 version.

Yeah sure...I still have tons of the stuff to reunlock so to speak. I've "finished" the game twice effectively. Once pre trophy then started again when they released the trophies...it's locked to your console so when my original PS3 when BOOM I had to get a new one.

Haha. Admit it, it streams Netflix WAY better than the PS3!

I have no problem people not playing the wii, the graphics are hard to stomach sometimes and it doesn't have the big 3rd party games. Personally I think it's had some incredible pieces of software which more fit my style - mario galaxy, Zelda, donkey kong (the usual suspects), I guess my limited brain struggles to comprehend how game fans wouldn't play those games :D

REALLY?! The one time I did it, it was terrible but then again my Wii is wireless whereas PS3 is wired.

I was sort of joking with the whole fanboy thing. But in all seriousness Netflix wii is flawless for me and the ps3 love film is unbearable. But then my PS3 is unwired and EVERYTHING that involves the internet is unbearable on the PS3... Just wish my router was closer to my PS3.