Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Cheers guys!

I'm in no rush to get a second controller, so I'll probably follow your advice @Aimless and wait and see if I see any offers. But DS3 it is then!

May also look at getting a steering wheel at some stage for F1 2011 and maybe GT5.

Probably will get a remote, as I think it's probs something everyone will be more comfortable using if they want to watch a Blu-Ray.

So that's it then! :D

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, I'll give it a look.

The TV remote obviously doesn't have buttons like play and pause etc... so would other buttons on the remote potentially double up?

Hmm...probably not. I was just checking as I was looking for a TV remote and accidentally discovered the feature on my Panasonic TV (and on top of that, my Android phone can control my TV, which controls my PS3).

When you getting F1?!

Looking forward to the online races that hopefully happen. Me and will had a couple of races on our co-op career, it was really good fun. :p

I've got F1 btw...bought it last month not played all that much struggling with a shitty team at the moment but love it. Only done 3 races of my first season and no points on the board.

Do you already have a 360 Retro?

Nope just a Wii and 3DS... I tend to play 360 games when I see Eddage... the co-op's, like Gears and Rainbox Six etc...

Retro which games are you getting?

I can recommend ; Super Star Dust HD from PSN.

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

I won't really be buying games until Uni's quietened down, which'll be a good few months into next year, but on the list is...

To Buy

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

F1 2011

Sonic Generations

Batman Arkham Asylum

---

SSX

Tomb Raider

Maybe's/Some of...

GT5

Infamous

Infamous 2

Mass Effect 2

Batman Arkham City

Portal 2

Red Dead Redemption

Heavy Rain

God of War Collection

God of War 3

Dead Space

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus

Edited by Retro_Link

Soooo many great games you'll be able to play then!

Im just playing Mass Effect 2 through for the first time and its fast becoming one of my favourite games.

Have you played the first one?

I was wondering what it would be like going straight into the second game. In many respects it's great because the gameplay/menu's was vastly improved so it's a much more enjoyable game, but just wondered if it mattered missing that part of the story?

Nope just a Wii and 3DS... I tend to play 360 games when I see Eddage... the co-op's, like Gears and Rainbox Six etc...

I won't be buying the majority of games until Uni's quietened down, which'll be a good few months into next year, but on the list is...

To Buy

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

F1 2011

Sonic Generations

Batman Arkham Asylum

---

SSX

Tomb Raider

Maybe's/Some of...

GT5

Infamous

Infamous 2

Mass Effect 2

Batman Arkham City

Portal 2

Red Dead Redemption

Heavy Rain

God of War Collection

God of War 3

Dead Space

Write down Skyrim first, it's awesome. Uncharted is great, but you will have it finished in no time (unless you care to take up multiplayer). Skyrim has the combination of sheer awesome and length too.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are worth checking out too, amazing titles. :)

I won't really be buying games until Uni's quietened down, which'll be a good few months into next year, but on the list is...

To Buy

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

F1 2011

Sonic Generations

Batman Arkham Asylum

---

SSX

Tomb Raider

Maybe's/Some of...

GT5

Infamous

Infamous 2

Mass Effect 2

Batman Arkham City

Portal 2

Red Dead Redemption

Heavy Rain

God of War Collection

God of War 3

Dead Space

Missing lots of games still. :D Make sure you check out the Little Big Planet games, brilliant and great concept with an actual community unlike most games nowadays. Since you have F1 2011 I would also put GT5 up there. Best racing game by miles. Wipeout and Motorstorm are also fun games. MGS4 needs no explanation. Yakuza, 3d dot heroes, Valyria chronicles, flower, etc.

But yeah take your time. Have fun with the systems media stuff too.

Edited by Choze

Write down Skyrim first, it's awesome. Uncharted is great, but you will have it finished in no time (unless you care to take up multiplayer). Skyrim has the combination of sheer awesome and length too.

If there's one game he should not get first - at least for the PS3 - it's Skyrim.

By the time a GOTY edition containing all kinds of DLCs has been released, these issues might have been fixed, too.

Missing lots of games still. :D Make sure you check out the Little Big Planet games, brilliant and great concept with an actual community unlike most games nowadays. Since you have F1 2011 I would also put GT5 up there. Best racing game by miles. Wipeout and Motorstorm are also fun games. MGS4 needs no explanation. Yakuza, 3d dot heroes, Valyria chronicles, flower, etc.

But yeah take your time. Have fun with the systems media stuff too.

GT5 is on the list, I'll definately think about getting that one, looks great! :D

Little Big Planet I'm just not sure about, I see it being way to time consuming to come up with anything vaguely decent.

Yeah Motorstorm looks pretty fun, which is the best of the three?

Not a fan of Metal Gear, and always preferred F-Zero to Wipeout.

Ah yeah, Flower looks really interesting... and there's that new one a bit like it set in a desert?