• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if that were an option. Racing with motion controls is abysmal though. Whenever you drive in real life you need to feel connected to the car and the road.

Like I said, using it to shift gears would be awesome.

Head Tracking, thats all I want from Move in my GT5. When I turn my head to look into a corner, I want the camera to move with me.

That is pretty much it for GT. The rest is already more than well handled by wheels.

Just a thought I wanted to share: Do you think FPS games will continue to become much more RPG-like? We've seen classes, perks, changeable guns, gun attachments and secondary guns, but is it going to go further?

I'm talking something like a stat system where you have a 100 point scale (thinking about it, this is sounding like Fallout 3) for a broad range of skills, and each time you rank up you can add a couple of points to your stats to make a unique character but no so much where you are maxed out. You'd be able to change your appearance massively, the settings of your weapons (like exchanging recoil for less damage etc) and have special team/squad moves.

Pretty much everything your character can do can be adjusted, like jump height and minimal things like resistance to fall damage so that similarity doesn't exist.

Just a thought I wanted to share: Do you think FPS games will continue to become much more RPG-like? We've seen classes, perks, changeable guns, gun attachments and secondary guns, but is it going to go further?

I'm talking something like a stat system where you have a 100 point scale (thinking about it, this is sounding like Fallout 3) for a broad range of skills, and each time you rank up you can add a couple of points to your stats to make a unique character but no so much where you are maxed out. You'd be able to change your appearance massively, the settings of your weapons (like exchanging recoil for less damage etc) and have special team/squad moves.

Pretty much everything your character can do can be adjusted, like jump height and minimal things like resistance to fall damage so that similarity doesn't exist.

In a word YES. The popularity of the FPS genre and the success of games such as Fallout 3 and Borderlands coupled with relative stagnation of the traditional RPG genre means we are seeing this convergence happen more and more.

You trying to become teh Bard? Seemed like you were trying harder in that post to appear more journalistic than usual.

But yeah, you're right.

lol no...i kinda do have my journalist hat on at the moment. Well its more that I am an English Graduate and I've realised on forums such as this I don't speak in a way I would talk or write.

Fallout 3 is more an RPG with FPS elements, but I see your point. I can't see developers giving us options like jump height, as that could make map design a lot trickier, but I do see a greater emphasis on customization, and also support classes. We're seeing a lot more casual players playing FPS type games these days, and, well, a lot of them haven't quite mastered dual analog. DICE took a step in the right direction with putting so much emphasis on the support classes. That's really a much better way of making games more accessible, than limiting the combat, or making it more arcady, ect.

Yeah I was thinking jump height would make it difficult to design, but if there's a maximum they can design to then it shouldn't be a problem, whilst not disadvantaging too many people by giving them... Why am I talking about jump height?!

Just been on Game website & every PS3 bundle shows out of stock? Is there a shortage or is there a change a coming i.e price, specs/update ?

There's a shortage, especially 120gb. Next delivery for most shops isn't until early April.

Got God Of War 3 and wow its brilliant. Hooked.

I agree with the RPG/FPS stuff. Its to keep people playing. But i am kind of tired of online fps right now as i have played COD, KZ2 and Battlefield constantly. I like BFBC2 alot though.

Still digging into FFXIII but right now I prefer World of Warcraft much much more. Mainly because WOW doesnt feel like a dungeon crawler and has alot more than FFXIII. FFXIII just seems lazy but let me play more.

Edited by Choze

As new PS3 owner Im looking for a few good games with solid online component with good community support. It can be old games or PSN downloads, I dont mind that. I know there is a big audience for online FPS shooters (MW, Killzone2, R2) but I want to see some alternative to that and what you guys playing. Now Im thinking to get Dirt 2 or Motorstorm 2 for online play.

I have preordered LBP "game of the year edition" for co-op play. Also Im waiting for MGS4 to arrive, and as far I understand there is solid multiplayer there (and if people still playing it, then its all good). For the future I was thinking of getting Lost Planet 2 for internet co-op.

I didn't think the Dirt 2 multiplayer was that good, Motorstorm: PR's was much better, although it's a pretty solid and competitive game. MGS Online is pretty crap, there's usually lag and tons of annoying players. The load times are also a joke and the whole interface as well as the controls are fiddly as hell.

LBP is good for playing with friends online, and I guess Lost Planet's co-op is nice as well if that's your thing.

For shooters, I'd say KZ2 and BC2 are the best this gen, alongside Halo 3, though obviously you can't get that.