N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

They won't close the Playstation brand.

And that chip thing is quite amazing really, to think that Sony basically undid much of their own work - if the PS3 hit the market first, so many more people would have bought it.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be Sony Eriksson that goes, all the divisions will see changes but I think the only effect on SCE will be getting rid of some of their dud studio's who no one cares about anyway.

Worst part is probably the fact we won't see a price cut for a while still, it's okay cause I have a console and all but it can't afford to tail off the 360 too much :/.

It'll be Sony Eriksson that goes, all the divisions will see changes but I think the only effect on SCE will be getting rid of some of their dud studio's who no one cares about anyway.

Worst part is probably the fact we won't see a price cut for a while still, it's okay cause I have a console and all but it can't afford to tail off the 360 too much :/.

The list of Sony owns.

Ordered and official Sony PS3 headset off amazon today. Can't wait.

I ordered SOCOM yesterday from Game (you get the headest with it) - cheapest price too £29.35.

Got an email today -

You may have noticed that the price of SOCOM Confrontation with PS3 Wireless Headset on the GAME site has gone up to 34.99 GBP

Please do not worry, your credit / debit card will be charged with the lower amount as originally agreed when you placed the order. This is merely one of the benefits of the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service!

Wow I certainly timed that well!

I ordered SOCOM yesterday from Game (you get the headest with it) - cheapest price too £29.35.

Got an email today -

Wow I certainly timed that well!

When is SOCOM out? Acutally when is the headset out as thats all I really want, with killzone 2 round the corner.

When is SOCOM out? Acutally when is the headset out as thats all I really want, with killzone 2 round the corner.

SOCOM is out on January 16th!

Official headset apparently came out on 28th of November but seems to be out of stock everywhere cheapest I have seen it is £17.99 on Gameplay.

SOCOM is out on January 16th!

Official headset apparently came out on 28th of November but seems to be out of stock everywhere cheapest I have seen it is £17.99 on Gameplay.

SOCOM is out the 13th of Feb according to amazon.

Only £29.35 as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SOCOM-Confrontation-PS3-Wireless-Headset/dp/B001I463P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231191938&sr=1-1

The headset is out tomorrow.

Not really sure whats going on...is there and official release list?

SOCOM is out the 13th of Feb according to amazon.

Only £29.35 as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SOCOM-Confrontation-PS3-Wireless-Headset/dp/B001I463P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231191938&sr=1-1

The headset is out tomorrow.

Weird Game says the headest came out on the 28th of November and that SOCOM is out on the 16th January.

Just spotted the price on Amazon too - good find Daft!

So what is the definitive release date for SOCOM? I'll remain optimistic and say January!

Might get Socom, quite liked the beta myself but for most i recommend KZ2 as the main shooter game since its out in February. Already Got the headset though. Its been out a while. Same goes for the keypad.

You sure the headset it out? I think there was an initial early batch out, which sold out, but the actual release is tomorrow.

As for SOCOM, you got a solid date for it because I can't find one?

After looking at whats available, I recon im just gonna get the headset with socom. Amazon are selling the set for just shy of £30 as has already been shown, while they are selling the headset at RRP of £25. Also, they say the headset is out tomorrow. GAME is selling the headset for 19.99, but may as well pick up a fun game for £10, and then trade it in when Killzone 2 arrives.

I do remember seeing the headset being available before hand, and the same goes for the touch pad w/e, but at the moment these two are very much sold out everywhere.

Does everyone realise how awesome that game is going to be? I know Choze does because he bangs on about it but it actually will be intense, I don't even care about the campaign!

Picking someone off has never been as fun as it is in this! Neither has grenading for that matter.

I still doubt we will get many good games going between us because we don't seem to organise it that well...

I still doubt we will get many good games going between us because we don't seem to organise it that well...

This will, NAY MUST, change!

To be fair most PS3 games aren't the easiest to get a party going. Resistance 2 was pretty good but it took me about 5 minutes to work out how to accept an invite. Hopefully this'll change with KZ2.

My headset was crap before which didn't help.

I will look forward to pwning you all then (cringe) ! To put it modestly I have epic skills on Resistance deathmatches but this is quite a different style. And you have to learn the maps and all the intricacies etc. Great when you get into it.

I think online can be very fun because you can piss people off from the other side of the world to them just by pressing a button or two hehe.

I dont actually recall much about the Killzone 2 invite system. You can easily join others already playing in games though. :) Setting up private servers are easy with a ton of options. You can reserve slots for friends like in Warhawk.

Does everyone realise how awesome that game is going to be? I know Choze does because he bangs on about it but it actually will be intense, I don't even care about the campaign!

The multi will be big. Single I do not know for sure but it was awesome at eurogamer expo. It certainly impressed more than any other shooter at the show easily. I also played what was an old uglier(still beautiful) build.

You sure the headset it out? I think there was an initial early batch out, which sold out, but the actual release is tomorrow.

As for SOCOM, you got a solid date for it because I can't find one?

The headset has been out for ages but its £17.99 on its own and is constantly sold out or priced higher. So i can see why people are buying it with Socom as you can find it for £24.99 with a coupon perhaps.

No idea about release date. Its best imo if they delay and make sure its ready. They released it too soon in the US judging by the beta.

updates on PS website:

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item135314/???What-was-your-PlayStation-highlight-of-2008/????/

You can get this on your ps3/PSP as well.

Highlights:

Focus on profit. On target to achieve profit. Less restrictions once profitable(Reeves)

Video and Music download service released towards end of 2009 :(

MAG (256 player shooter), Heavy Rain, Infamous and Eyepet for 2009.

More innovative PSN games and some stuff under wraps for Blu Ray

New innovations on PSP

Nobi Nobi boy implied as 2009.

"Large scale MMOs coming to PLAYSTATION 3 – with innovative business and service models." (Phil Harrison, President, Infogrames)

downloadable content for MotorStorm Pacific Rift