NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Guerrilla Games have never actually made a good game. God knows why Sony decided to buy them.

Guerrilla Games have never actually made a good game. God knows why Sony decided to buy them.

Talking complete bollocks there Daft - Killzone 3 is one of my fave online shooters. Killzone 2 was fun online but KZ3 is soooo much more fun.

I didn't play the Killzone 3 campaign when I borrowed it because I knew it would be the same guff as the second game. Little did I know they took a massive turd on the multiplayer component too.

A bit harsh Dwarf!

I thought Killzone 3 was worse than 2. In terms of single player.

yes. but hands down better in multiplayer personally. I know some would not agree.

Talking complete bollocks there Daft - Killzone 3 is one of my fave online shooters. Killzone 2 was fun online but KZ3 is soooo much more fun.

Yeah, I don't do online. Honestly, the only thing more boring and repetitive to my mind is a 9-5. And neither of the single player campaigns were remotely memorable. Even if most people buy Killzone for the online, their inept single player campaigns is a pretty clear indicator that GG aren't all that.

Just because you enjoy them doesn't mean they're good. :heh:

I just had a long session on Killzone 2 and finished the campaign. I actually started to enjoy it more as the game progressed and i'm quite looking forward to trying the third game out. I will mop up a few trophies from Killzone 2 tonight and then start Killzone 3 tomorrow morning.

Just because you enjoy them doesn't mean they're good. :heh:

Just because you don't enjoy them doesn't mean they're bad :heh:

How many people are getting Resistance 3? I can't decide whether to migrate from Killzone 3 to it...

How many people are getting Resistance 3? I can't decide whether to migrate from Killzone 3 to it...

*raises hand*

Although I doubt I will touch the multiplayer.

*raises hand*

Although I doubt I will touch the multiplayer.

Give it a try. I have never been into multiplayer shooters until Killzone 3 and then got into it in a big way! Not that Resistance is the same game at all.

Give it a try. I have never been into multiplayer shooters until Killzone 3 and then got into it in a big way! Not that Resistance is the same game at all.

I usually only play multiplayer if i'm after some achievements/trophies, otherwise I just move on to the next game on my list. I prefer to play many games rather than stick to just the one.

You should give multiplayer a shot more often. I think trophies are good but they can distract some gamers from great parts of games (multiplayer trophies are often notoriously more difficult than single player ones). I unlocked the L50 trophy on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood unintentionally because the online mode is such fun.

You are actually dead on the money with that. I don't think they have a creative spark among their whole team.

You are actually dead on the money with that. I don't think they have a creative spark among their whole team.

Really seriously?!!!! You guys I mean Killzone 3 is not my favourite game in the world but its a lot of fun and has something about it thats for sure.

They're really bland games. And the level design is appalling.

If you had bothered to get any of the dlc map packs I'm sure you'd retract that statement - there are some fantastic multiplayer levels in KZ3.

I quite enjoyed Resistance multiplayer beta but it was graphically unimpressive and glitchy as all hell. I know it's a beta but it's a bit worrying with the game just around the corner. I've not preordered it yet - think I'll wait for some reviews.

If you had bothered to get any of the dlc map packs I'm sure you'd retract that statement - there are some fantastic multiplayer levels in KZ3.

If it takes DLC to retract that statement then that speaks for itself.

I quite enjoyed Resistance multiplayer beta but it was graphically unimpressive and glitchy as all hell. I know it's a beta but it's a bit worrying with the game just around the corner. I've not preordered it yet - think I'll wait for some reviews.

Even though I am pretty sure I am going to get it I am holding out for reviews, hoping the reviews come through early enough to get preorder in if I decide to go.

IS Gamerdork still active on the Killzone front? Been out of the loop since PS3 broke :S

...DLC argument is void Cookster.

And R3 has bags more personality and character when it comes to art direction.

I havent played Killzone 1 or 3 but I did find 2 very bland, enough that I didnt want to bother trying out anymore.

I've been playing Killzone 3 today, just a couple of levels to go now and I think it's soooooooo much better than the second game. It seems to run smoother, the story is better and visually it's much better, not just in a graphical sense but art direction. The Jungle level looks amazing, with bright colours, which makes a change from all of the darkness that was in the second game.

In other news it looks like I may have to upgrade to Playstation Plus if we get a similar deal to what the yanks are getting.

Free PSN Games and DLC: Plants vs. Zombies – 9/6

Astro Tripper – 9/6

Altered Beast – 9/6

Free Minis: Bashi Blocks – 9/6

Jellypops – 9/13

Street Smarts – 9/27

Free PS one Classics: Jet Moto – 9/6

Resident Evil Director’s Cut – 9/20 (2 weeks)

Resident Evil 2 – 9/20 (2 weeks)

Resident 3 – 9/20 (2 weeks)

Full Game Trials: BulletStorm – 9/13

Saint’s Row 2 – 9/20

Bolt – 9/20

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – 9/27

Discounts & Sale Offers: Alpha Mission – Minis – 20% off – 9/6

T.N.K. Iii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6

The Impossible Game – 25% off – 9/6

Vanguard Ii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6

MotorStorm Apocalypse Premiere Pack Bundle – 30% off – 9/13

Cubixx HD – 30% off – 9/20 (1 Week)

Resident Evil 4 – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)

Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)

Armageddon Riders – 40% off – 9/6 (2 Weeks)

Lucasarts PSP PSN Sale – 50% off PSN Sale Price – 9/13 (1 Week)

-Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes PSP

-Star Wars: Battlefront II

-Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed PSP

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Apprentice Mission Pack

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 1

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 2

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Hoth Mission

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Tatooine Mission Pack

Free Themes: Plus Exclusive Clouds Dynamic Theme – 9/6

Cow Abduction Dynamic Theme – 9/20

Armageddon Rider Dynamic Theme – 9/27 ( 1 Week)

Free Avatars (One Week Only) Armageddon Rider – Armageddon Rider Avatar – 9/6

Armageddon Rider -Collider Zombie Avatar – 9/6

Armageddon Rider – Fast and Deadly Avatar- 9/6

Armageddon Rider – Hot Rod Avatar – 9/13

Armageddon Rider -Logo 1 Avatar – 9/13

Armageddon Rider – Logo 2 Avatar – 9/20

Armageddon Rider – Zombiemower Avatar – 9/20

Media: Qore Episode 40, September 2011 – 9/6 – Early Access

...DLC argument is void Cookster.

And R3 has bags more personality and character when it comes to art direction.

You have hit the nail on the head and this very much how I have always felt about Sony's two premier FPS franchises. Although I would also add personally that I've always found the mechanics of the Killzone series more robust and generally satisfying, I am hoping this will be different when it comes to R3...

As a long time fps player a big mistake Sony made is giving the direction to make these games more like COD when people playing these games were on them to get away from COD. Practically every fps is overly influenced by the COd/MOH formula of tunnel vision gameplay in single and multi/online. Not everyone wants that. Especially fans of other fps franchises who are aware of the formula for much longer than Modern Warfare 1.

KZ3 turned out fine in its own right even if it took several major patches undoing some stuff and demonstrated an important lesson as mentioned above. The next patch tommorow is a biggie with a big Marksman nerf and lots of changes making the game more like KZ2. Still for many it wont ever be a true KZ2 sequel because of 'unwanted' changes. I enjoy the game but i feel some stuff was just silly to change. I prefer KZ2 overall but i enjoy Kz3 too but they really messed up initially. The DLC maps and patches really made the game in the end.

BF3 also has challenges ahead. If it is too COD influenced the BF old timers will be upset. The consoles are looking like BF lite already, with PC taking the lead here. Rush mode is too simplistic as it is for dumb console gamers or COD players (take your pick). The 64 player modes better not be an afterthought on PC. EA themselves created the COD formula through MOH in the first place let see how they handle this. Their marketing is already pouring on the bullshit already. The gaming media is desperate for any little bit of the massive record cash pie EA are offering. However I am excited in the hope it shakes up the status quo much like Deus Ex hopefully has for single player fps.

Edited by Choze