NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Just to add to/confirm what Hero posted above...

geoffkeighley Geoff Keighley

Breaking news: Sony announces PS3 pricedrop to 249 dollars in the US.

Can anyone explain why I have not been able to access my PSN account for at least a week? I may have forgotten my password, but upon clicking reminder I am redirected to a page which is down for maintenance (and has been for the last week).

Can anyone explain why I have not been able to access my PSN account for at least a week? I may have forgotten my password, but upon clicking reminder I am redirected to a page which is down for maintenance (and has been for the last week).

Not sure if they are still having problems since the whole hacking saga. As when i try and go on their website to change something i keep getting the maintaince screen.

Not that it helps you much.

Second problem. I have this evening been playing the rather good inFamous (PSN download version). It suddenly froze and required a shut down. Since then, the game does not show on the XMB, with only the spinning arrows appearing. I guess it is corrupted somehow....

It will not let me enter the Triangle Menu to delete to reinstall. Any thoughts?

Have you tried downloading it again with the download list? Hopefully it'll overwrite it or something.

OR since that was likely a stupid suggestion, try the following.

1. Turn off Playstation 3.

2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

7. Select "Restore File System" from the Recovery menu.

8. Agree to restoring the file system.

Apparently this doesn't delete anything, just rebuilds the file system and then you should be able to delete the corrupted files.

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=16118

Stolen from there, and due to the amount of thanks he got and the number of other places with the same advice and thankers, I am inclined to trust it.

Edited by heroicjanitor

Any idea why my Plus Trophy Auto Sync is not sending? Its set up in both settings and Game triangle menu.

Pre-ordered Batman: Arkham City and Uncharted 3 yesterday. Tempted to pre-order Dark Souls too - hmmmm too many good games on their way!

I picked up a PS3 on Saturday for the onslaught of games that are arriving on the platform at the end of the year. I have started picking up some games that i've missed such as Infamous 2 ( amazing game ), Heroes On The Move, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Killzone 2/3 and i'm really looking forward to Resistance 3 next week. Even though I thought the campaign was poor for the 2nd game, I have high hopes for this one.

I picked up a PS3 on Saturday

Are you gonna keep this one? You keep getting one then buggering off!

Are you gonna keep this one? You keep getting one then buggering off!

Who knows. :heh: I will definetly have this one a while as I need to catch up on a few games and play the exclusives that are out at the end of the year.

Any suggestions on bundles?

Best I've found £299.99 for 320GB PS3, Infamous 2, COD: Black Ops, Official Keypad thingy, Turtle Beach Headset and a HDMI Cable.

^ I'm not sure about bundles, but I'm very tempted by the 120GB PS3 Slim on Amazon atm for £175!

^ I'm not sure about bundles, but I'm very tempted by the 120GB PS3 Slim on Amazon atm for £175!

hmmmm that is cheap...guess it wouldn't cost much to get a bigger hard drive...my previous 120GB was full...

I got mine from HMV instore. I think it was 270 quid with Move starter pack, Infamous 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse and Move Heroes. Oh and it's the 320gb model.

I got mine from HMV instore. I think it was 270 quid with Move starter pack, Infamous 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse and Move Heroes. Oh and it's the 320gb model.

oooooh that a good bundle! cheers!

EDIT:

ooooh online too thanks!

oooooh that a good bundle! cheers!

EDIT:

ooooh online too thanks!

Nice 2 more people with Motorstorm Apocalypse which is sooooo underated - a fantastic online game!

Nice 2 more people with Motorstorm Apocalypse which is sooooo underated - a fantastic online game!

Cool...Hopefully will pick it all up in next couple of days...been bad times without my PS3.

Do it Retro! Sexy online gaming.

Who is getting Resistance 3?

Stupid question perhaps... but what is it that mostly contributes to filling up space on peoples hard drives?

Game data utility. Games these days take a few gig up on le HDD when installed. Depends on the game, some can be monstrous.

Do it Retro! Sexy online gaming.

Who is getting Resistance 3?

Probably yeah! I will hopefully being getting my new Slim in the next couple of days so will pick it up as well.

Game data utility. Games these days take a few gig up on le HDD when installed. Depends on the game, some can be monstrous.
How many games could a 160gb take?... obviously all games vary in size... but are we talking 10... 30?

How many games could a 160gb take?... obviously all games vary in size... but are we talking 10... 30?

I'd say there is no way of telling your right the sizes do vary but drastically we are talking from like 250MB to 4GB for example....

I had a 120GB and was constantly having to delete game utility off it. That's why I;m going for 320GB this time round.