NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

apparently now been confirmed this actual promotion is US only but the EU store will try to get as much as of the content as possible. I'm wondering if its the PS2 titles we might miss out on due to various different publishing and licensing rules blah blah.

I hope not, PS2 titles are what I want the most of out of

yeah I'd be interested in getting God Hand and Odin Sphere. It's just made me wonder with them coming out and saying that which games could possibly fall by the wayside as why come out and say if all content is coming to all regions?

Here is the proper quote:

The recently announced Only On PlayStation Network programme is US only, Sony has told Eurogamer.

However, Sony pledged to bring the "majority" of the content to Europe.

"'The Only On PlayStation Network programme is for the SCEA region only," a Sony spokesperson told Eurogamer.

"However, we will be bringing the majority of the content to the SCEE audience, including Classic PS2 titles.

"We have numerous exciting offers that we will be introducing to PSN users throughout our region in the lead up to Christmas and look forward to sharing these with you."

Only On PSN is a new campaign designed to promote PlayStation Network exclusive games throughout October.

In the US, at least one exclusive PSN title will be released each week throughout the month, starting this Wednesday with Rochard.

In the US, the confirmed line-up is Eufloria and Rochard for this week and Sideway: New York for next.

And, in the US, this week will also see a selection of "rare classic" PlayStation 2 titles made available to download: God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

to be fair it does say including PS2 classics in his quoe but I do think out of all content it wouldn't be the exclusive psn titles that go awol...

Kind of annoying that Payday The Heist has been delayed. Was due out today, first title since PLAY promotion that allowed a preorder (where you pay in full) and they go and delay it. I preordered though it looked awesome! A cheaper different alternative to this years AAA shooters.

Pretty happy with PSN Plus update enough to convince me to sign back up.

Costume Quest – PSN Game – 100% discount until 19th October

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Experience – Exclusive until 19th October

1000 Tiny Claws (mini) – 100% discount and exclusive until 19th October

Speedball 2: Evolution (mini) – 100% discount and exclusive until 19th October

Street Smart (SNK mini) – 100% discount until 2nd November

Arc the Lad – PSOne (Import) – 100% discount until 2nd November

Armageddon Riders – 40% discount until 2nd November

Topatoi: Episode One – 70% discount until 2nd November

The Marbians – mini – 25% discount until 19th October

Stripes: Part One (Dynamic Theme) – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Halloween (Dynamic Theme) – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Ico Avatar 1 – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Ico Avatar 2 – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Shadow of the Colossus Avatar 1 – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Still available:

Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica

- 50% off until 12th October

I'm sure ReZ is busy editing his face into the photo frame as we speak.

What is the Uncharted thing exactly?

More or less the game's multiplayer mode, any progress made carrying into the retail version. It's just competitive, no co-op, and not all the maps have been rolled out yet.

Anyone else see the Arc the Lad import is actually even Japanese rather than the advertised english. Amusingly someone complaining on the psn blog was complaining saying they couldn't read the text saying it was all broken, they seemed genuine not like someone trolling.

That advert is amazing. I love the amount of characters in the background, like Chell, Little Sister and Agent 47.

I can't identify everyone, like the woman at the entrance, the bartenders, the clown with flaming hair, the woman Nate is chatting up and the bearded guy talking to the guy from InFamous.

Costume Quest is free for PS+ members at the moment, if you havent played it before I suggest downloading it as its a really good game.

That advert is amazing. I love the amount of characters in the background, like Chell, Little Sister and Agent 47.

I can't identify everyone, like the woman at the entrance, the bartenders, the clown with flaming hair, the woman Nate is chatting up and the bearded guy talking to the guy from InFamous.

I feel I should know the one at the entrance and the bartender... But I don't. Nate is chatting up Lightning from FF13, the clown with flaming hair is Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal. Would be nice to get a list going :p

Costume Quest is free for PS+ members at the moment, if you havent played it before I suggest downloading it as its a really good game.

i never played it properly only demo. Love it so charming etc....quite short isn't it? think will tide me over until Extra Life....

i never played it properly only demo. Love it so charming etc....quite short isn't it? think will tide me over until Extra Life....

I cant really remember how long it took me to complete as it was over a couple of days, its not as long as a full price game but I think it was a good couple of hours anyway.

I really should play it again, I think I lost my completed save game when I was showing it to Goafer.

Just finished dragon age in the end i really enjoyed it despite compared to Mass Effect 2's evolution and refinement of that Bioware experience. Story wise though kept me hooked and genuinely some choices I had to make that got me thinking.

Capture.jpg

SPEC 2 is up! and my its godly. Bonus events also up. Free cars etc. Red bull X2010 With 5 million credits minimum up for grabs. If you log in every day your multiplier increases to 200% ;)

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/

for info.

Odd. My D-pad and L buttons have suddenly stopped working, on top of that the PS button keeps pressing itself.

Edit: And because the PS button is "activating" on it's own, it's now turned the PS3 on by itself.

Edited by Cube

Odd. My D-pad and L buttons have suddenly stopped working, on top of that the PS button keeps pressing itself.

Edit: And because the PS button is "activating" on it's own, it's now turned the PS3 on by itself.

Try using the rest button. Back of the pad there is a button that can be accessed by a needle through a tiny hole. It should unpair the controller like new.

Try using the rest button. Back of the pad there is a button that can be accessed by a needle through a tiny hole. It should unpair the controller like new.

Thanks, I tried unpairing then re-syncing it, D-pad and L buttons still don't work - looks like it's completely broken.

Still, at least I can unpair it so it stops turning the PS3 on.

Remember the time when people were saying the Wii won't stand a chance because the Playstation Move is so much more advanced...

Well, worldwide it's sold a measly 8.3 million units.

Total waste of time and money.

I don't remember 'people' ever saying that.

Also, I've still not bought Move or even considered it.

Remember the time when people were saying the Wii won't stand a chance because the Playstation Move is so much more advanced...

No?

8.3 million seems pretty good for a peripheral. Although I'm not sure where that number's from as Sony said they'd sold 8.8 million four months ago during their E3 press conference.