NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

If I really want to play something good online I'll usually buy it new anyway. That said I'd only ever consider borrowing Call of Duty, specifically for the competitive aspect.

It's a bit of a 'bleh' point, EA effectively have this underway already.

If I really want to play something good online I'll usually buy it new anyway. That said I'd only ever consider borrowing Call of Duty, specifically for the competitive aspect.

It's a bit of a 'bleh' point, EA effectively have this underway already.

Yeah EA Pass has existed for some time now. Also Warner did it with Mortal Kombat.I can totally understand their reasons for doing it. Shall be discussing it this weeks podcast there is plenty of issues this raises.

PSN: Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Golden Axe

PS One: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

minis: Dr. Maybe and the Adventures of Scarygirl

JellyCar 2

Exclusive Discounts: Shank – 50% off

Dead Space Ignition – 50% off

DeathSpank – 50% off

DeathSpank: Thongs Of Virtue – 50% off

The Fancy Pants Adventures – 50% off

Tetris – 50% off

MicroBot – 50% off

Spare Parts – 50% off

3 on 3 NHL Arcade – 50% off

Madden NFL Arcade – 50% off

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Course Bundle: Eagle Pack – 40% off

Full Game Trial : Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (G.R.A.W.)

Dynamic themes: PlayStation Plus Anniversary dynamic theme

Symbol Flow dynamic theme

Premium Avatars: inFamous 2 Bad Cole Avatar

By far the worst month I've seen so far. Hopefully they have some really special stuff in the mid-month update. Especially disappointing since they were bragging about it's anniversary.

Worst month?!

Uuuuur, Soul Reaver says hai I FUCKING ROCK!!

I assume I've missed the welcome back game downloads?

Yeah...I think so....they did extend it but not sure for how long.

I need to try and remember my japanese account name and password so I can get stuff off there! Due to my ps3 getting a friend to do it for me. They just reopened with the following free games:

PlayStation 3 (pick two from the list)

The Last Guy

LocoRoco Cocoreccho!

Wipeout HD

Echochrome

Hustler Kings

PSP (pick two from the list)

What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? 2

LittleBigPlanet

LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival

Everybody’s Stress Buster

Patapon 2

In bold are the ones I will get!

Edited by flameboy

since i got my ps3 after the ps3 came back online after the hacking stuff went on, then i dont qualify for the free welcome back stuff?

Does this let only one account go online, or every who has the code?

since i got my ps3 after the ps3 came back online after the hacking stuff went on, then i dont qualify for the free welcome back stuff?

Correct, you had to have had a psn account before the hacking took place.

Hey chaps, I just saw these and thought they might be of interest to someone: the 4Gamers CP-NC2 headset is currently £28 from GAME.co.uk and Amazon.

Whilst I haven't tried the headset myself — although I have ordered a pair — reviews seem positive and I'm pretty sure it's a misprice: they're £60-100 everywhere else, and cheaper than the inferior models in the same series. They're only stereo, but if they're as decent as reports suggest then you could easily fork out for an EarForce DSS or Astro MixAmp down the road to turn it into a (relatively) cheap virtual surround headset.

I should be able to offer some proper impressions on Monday or Tuesday once they're delivered.

Edit: As expected they're now back up to £70-odd at Amazon and out of stock at GAME. I imagine someone reduced the wrong model.

Edited by Aimless

Just got sent a beta invite to Journey. Didn't particularly want one but I have no self restraint so I'm downloading it.

So anyone know if this beta is the full game? I'm confused as to why there would be a beta for a game like this.

So anyone know if this beta is the full game? I'm confused as to why there would be a beta for a game like this.

It's not the full game, just an opening chunk. As for the Beta status, it's thatgamecompany's first online title and it's a pretty atypical integration that will require some testing; expect freezes.

Today should clearly be renamed Betaday as Sony mailed me three separate invites in quick succession. Guess that answers what I'll be doing when the U3 one closes.

Castle Crashers is awesome. Got it on the 360, but definitely worth another playthrough!