NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Nothing too exciting but news none the less:

The announcement of the Team ICO Collection at Sony's TGS conference brought the total number of planned HD collections to three, the first two being the God of War Collection and the upcoming Sly Collection. So far, all collections revealed have been from PS2-exclusive series. But that is looking to change.

According to British retailer Zavvi, Splinter Cell Trilogy will launch in late November, Mortal Kombat HD Classics in early December, and Prince of Persia Trilogy in March of next year. There is no sign of any of these games when using the site's search engine; the direct link is the only way to access the listings. For this reason, we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of Xbox 360 versions of these collections.

Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia are selling for the discounted price of £24.95, and Mortal Kombat for near-full-price at £34.95. Most new games sell for £37.95 on Zavvi.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82103/uk-retailer-confirms-three-new-hd-ps2-collections/

most interesting is the splinter cell trilogy I guess.

What do people think about the seeming likelihood of MGS5 being made, and being made by Kojima?

What do people think about the seeming likelihood of MGS5 being made, and being made by Kojima?

YES but not for a bloody long time! I don't think MGS Rising will come out till 2012 and they've said that will be a spin off series to placate gamers between installments of the regular series. Sure he has said MGS4 was his last but he said that after previous installments so I wouldn't take that as fact.

Played Move today. Wasnt exactly blown away but was fairly impressive.

Posted from ForumLolWin for iPhone.

Pretty pleased Tekken Tag 2 has been announced, the original was my first game for PS2 so I held a lot of love for it. I skipped out on Tekken 6 as the only improvement I saw from it over 5 were the graphics. Even then it was said that the game looked dated on an old engine since it took so long to get released on PS3/360/. I have high hopes for Tekken Tag 2 as the developers will have a better idea on how to get the best use out of the next gen consoles.

I've seen barely any advertisement or coverage of Playstation Move so far. I was kinda expecting a bombardment of adverts on TV for it but I guess that will happen closer to December. I caught the ending of a BBC Radio 5 show on Saturday evening where they were discussing games and reviews (someone from Gamespot came in), they didn't mention the Playstation Move at all but talked for 5 minutes each on Marios 25th Anniversary as well as on Halo: Reach. Similarly I watched BBC Click this morning and there was only a brief mention of Playstation Move despite giving Halo:Reach a considerable amount of airtime.

Pretty pleased Tekken Tag 2 has been announced, the original was my first game for PS2 so I held a lot of love for it. I skipped out on Tekken 6 as the only improvement I saw from it over 5 were the graphics. Even then it was said that the game looked dated on an old engine since it took so long to get released on PS3/360/. I have high hopes for Tekken Tag 2 as the developers will have a better idea on how to get the best use out of the next gen consoles.

I've seen barely any advertisement or coverage of Playstation Move so far. I was kinda expecting a bombardment of adverts on TV for it but I guess that will happen closer to December. I caught the ending of a BBC Radio 5 show on Saturday evening where they were discussing games and reviews (someone from Gamespot came in), they didn't mention the Playstation Move at all but talked for 5 minutes each on Marios 25th Anniversary as well as on Halo: Reach. Similarly I watched BBC Click this morning and there was only a brief mention of Playstation Move despite giving Halo:Reach a considerable amount of airtime.

Move is just going to have rely on word of mouth and i do not think the advert is great anyway(SCEE...). Nintendo and MS are just much more aggressive in terms of marketing and promotion. Having said that Move is extremely well rounded right now. Going with a camera and Controller was clever.

Was playing Red Dead Redemption earlier, and i was helping a stranger by retrieving his stolen cart. I get the cart turn around and start travelling back to the guy, i hit a rock and flip it :/ i then fly out and get stuck to the ground looking like a scarecrow. It was so retarded i even uploaded a clip to YouTube :heh:

Link

I was just slowly sliding around like that, i had to go into stats and start a mission to escape.

Why do i suck at embedding :/

Edited by MadDog

Go on UNCH, you're good at plunder and I want to winblog.

Edited by dwarf

Is the PSN down or something? My PSP won't connect (says invalid email/password) and the website won't work at all.

Would try the PS3, but it needs an update, which oddly enough seems to be downloading. Separate servers for updates?

I've made a new account so my Gamertag and PSN ID's are finally the same, these are defiantly going to stay I'm not going to be changing either again aha, so some of you may get a request if not my new I'D is Hidden-Envy. You can delete any of my old accounts.

I've made a new account so my Gamertag and PSN ID's are finally the same, these are defiantly going to stay

Is there no other way you could convince these stubborn pricks to be removed?

Hidden-Envy doesn't exactly sound like my favourite kid from the block.

I've made a new account so my Gamertag and PSN ID's are finally the same, these are defiantly going to stay I'm not going to be changing either again aha, so some of you may get a request if not my new I'D is Hidden-Envy. You can delete any of my old accounts.

what are your other accounts? your were patriot something or other right? and then what?

Just got to chapter 16 or so on Uncharted 1 and...

Monsters?

I had no idea that this game had these.

When the characters started hinting at it I was thinking, "Oh Jesus no... don't spoil it please..."

I take it that the next game has these too...

Urgh... so disappointing.

Makes me care so much less about these games.