NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Next time I've got some disposable income above £15, I might buy Uncharted 2, second-hand of course!

I can't afford to buy my games new any more.

What's the average price for it?

I'd agree, but it won't happen. Plus it wouldn't be as awesome as Uncharted, KZ maps are too big, plus it isn't as loltastic to shout at people.

Get Unch 2 in your disc drive.

To be fair, we should play a variety of different games, most people (including myself), stick to the same game all the time!

I will definently sort myself out, for some Unch 2 goodness. :grin:

You can get it for £15 new. I wouldn't be too surprised if the likes of of GAME will charge you more than that for a preowned copy.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Sometimes I'm in Game and I see a used game for example, £39.99, but a brand new version of the same game only costs £34.99! :confused::wtf:

Gamestation is your irl retailer best bet, frankly. They're pre-owned deals are nigh on close (sp) to eBay dealingz.

The Playstation Network will be down tomorrow from 8am to 9pm for scheduled maintenance.

They always choose to do it when I have a fucking day off.

You can still play online. It's just the Store and your account settings you won't be able to access.

You can still play online. It's just the Store and your account settings you won't be able to access.

Only if you sign in before the maintenance starts and that's far too early for me :heh:

The Playstation Network will be down tomorrow from 8am to 9pm for scheduled maintenance.

They always choose to do it when I have a fucking day off.

It's bank holiday, everyone has a day off..

Sony making excuses for Move sales already

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/40631/Sony-not-expecting-day-one-Move-success

http://forums.mag.com/t5/Beta-General-Discussion/PS-Move-Options-window-UPDATED-WITH-BOUNDING-BOX-PICTURES-AND/td-p/713541

Here are some detailed impressions of MAG with Move and how you can tweak the controls to make the bound box smaller or bigger(the area you aim in before hitting the edge of the box to turn). Impressions are very positive so far.

Only if you sign in before the maintenance starts and that's far too early for me :heh:

No, you can sign in any time.

In England.

No, you can sign in any time.

Hmm, contradicts what it says elsewhere on the playstation website.

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 08:00 on Monday 30th August 2010 until 21:00 on Monday 30th August 2010, BST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP and PC.

PlayStation Network Account Management.

PlayStation Network Account Registration.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 08:00 on Monday 30th August 2010.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

lol, some really good games of Worms last night with dwarf. Mostly shit from me, but some epically flukey shots and some great skill from him too. As he put it, he taught me super sheep skills, and I taught him lol grenades. Shame he ran to the quilt with his lilt. Just me awake now...

Don't you mean this morning? And, nah I'm still here.

I wouldn't say you taught me 'lolgrenades', but you taught me lolgrenades in Worms. That last one was a special rarity. It was definitely a lol grenade.

Unfortunately for you, it was a phrase first coined by the embarassment himself - Rez:

Definition - lol-grenade definition i) A grenade aimed at a very long distance from the target, which hits the target and does an impressive grenade.

definition ii) A grenade thrown that the enemy claims was a flukey or lucky grenade due to the huge difficulty of making it a successful kill, when in fact the enemy is incorrect and the grenade is all skill.

Yeah good games. I remember playing a lot with Cooky, there's guarenteed cheese to be had when you play online.

What game should I get next? currently deciding between Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy XIII or Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I say Heavy Rain.

Everyone else will say Batman. I thought Arkham Asylum was massively overrated.

The way I see it, if you play Heavy Rain, you're bound to experience a certain scene which is one of the most tense/exciting/scary moments ever to be put in videogame or film. It's seriously life-changing.

*It isn't quite life changing but just know that it is very awesomes.

I say Heavy Rain.

Everyone else will say Batman. I thought Arkham Asylum was massively overrated.

The way I see it, if you play Heavy Rain, you're bound to experience a certain scene which is one of the most tense/exciting/scary moments ever to be put in videogame or film. It's seriously life-changing.

*It isn't quite life changing but just know that it is very awesomes.

I might just wait for the Move edition of that since it will be at least one game I'll know i'll play using it but probably not if i've already completed by the time the Move comes.

Buy Arkham, you'll be able to find it for a pittance these days. Rent Heavy Rain.

I don't know you well enough to recommend FFXIII. I really liked it and I know many other people that did, but it's not really a game I'd suggest without reservation.

Buy Arkham, you'll be able to find it for a pittance these days. Rent Heavy Rain.

I don't know you well enough to recommend FFXIII. I really liked it and I know many other people that did, but it's not really a game I'd suggest without reservation.

I've just put the kettle on, so feel free to pop round and i'll tell you all about myself. I'm a massive Final Fantasy fan, so I will love it no matter what anyone else says about it, I have done with all of them. I've actually found it quite hard to find Batman, seems to be out of stock in a lot of places.

Random other question, anyone use Shopto? Are they decent enough?

I've used them for several years, have about 40-50 orders with them. Always given me great service, the one time there was an issue — instant Xbox Live code didn't work — they had me sorted within 5 minutes of contacting them.

As for FFXIII, I suppose you may as well go for it. It's pretty much the antithesis of XII — it's closest to X out of any of them, I'd say — in that it's incredibly linear until a few chapters before the end and it drip feeds tutorials at a snails pace, but if you can put up with those things then there's a great battle system underpinning everything. Naturally it's gorgeous on the audio and visual front, too; in might not push as many polygons as other games, but the quality of the art and level of detail is impeccable.

Edited by Aimless

I will say if you play Final Fantasy XIII just play for fun. If you try do all the sidequests and get the platinum like I did you will hate the game, but I remember not hating it while playing through the story.

I've used them for several years, have about 40-50 orders with them. Always given me great service, the one time there was an issue — instant Xbox Live code didn't work — they had me sorted within 5 minutes of contacting them.

As for FFXIII, I suppose you may as well go for it. It's pretty much the antithesis of XII — it's closest to X out of any of them, I'd say — in that it's incredibly linear until a few chapters before the end and it drip feeds tutorials at a snails pace, but if you can put up with those things then there's a great battle system underpinning everything. Naturally it's gorgeous on the audio and visual front, too; in might not push as many polygons as other games, but the quality of the art and level of detail is impeccable.

Game ordered. I quite like the design of the Shopto site and they seem to deliver rather quickly, which is always a win.

No they bloody don't, my dad is working today.

I've got the PS2 back out, yay for that, playing Primal currently. Anyone heard of it? Only two people I know seem to have played it..

Shopto's customer service is completely cack imo, but if nothing goes wrong shopto are awesome.

ShopTo are my main game site when i order stuff, ive yet to have a problem with them. Super fast delivery and some good prices! I recommend.

I once tried ordering just before 17:30 and it still came the next day.

ShopTo are my main game site when i order stuff, ive yet to have a problem with them. Super fast delivery and some good prices! I recommend.

I once tried ordering just before 17:30 and it still came the next day.

Are they normally late in updating their order statuses and with dispatch emails?

It says every game ordered before 5:30 is dispatched the same day yet mine still says processing even though I ordered it hours before the deadline.

I'm impatient.