NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Well, I can imagine the set-piece sections being OK, and there's a couple of neat effects (whilst you're on the plane) however, overall it's just shoddy.

It has high hopes for itself cinematic-wise, it's just that the engine is holding it back.

The jumping is robotic, it has Uncharted like platforming but it's even less precise (you basically press up/down/left/right and X when hanging on a ledge, and it'll just teleport you there even if you didn't realise there was something to grab), and it feels slow. The combat is decent, but from the demo you can't really make a proper judgement. Generally underwhelming 'filler' material.

I don't see the point in buying filler material in games. If they aren't especially noteworthy, save your time.

Edited by dwarf

yeah I love crappy slow moving animated GIFs
Yeah but tbh I was shown all I needed to see when he exited the tunnel and instantly got a screen full of rainwater... with visuals that look like real life! Edited by Retro_Link

yeah I love crappy slow moving animated GIFs

GIF is fast on Firefox and Opera.

Tesco are selling the Move Starter pack with camera for under £40. Another £10ish if you want a navigation controller too.

Edited by Choze

GIF is fast on Firefox and Opera.

Tesco are selling the Move Starter pack with camera for under £40. Another £10ish if you want a navigation controller too.

hmmmm running on opera...

You find that on N4G? I use it, but when I saw that article and it wasn't on the 'hottest' list I just took it to be bullshit (which pretty much all of it is anyway).

I don't actually know of a decent gaming news website. You have to flick through multiple webz.

As for puusperation 2, my interest levels lay at around 0.3 ferlongs cubed i.e. 4 micro hectares.

(That's 58 litres per square attoparsec for those who aren't in the know)

If I get a handheld it'll probably be when the Go dissipates to £30.

As for puusperation 2, my interest levels lay at around 0.3 ferlongs cubed i.e. 4 micro hectares.

(That's 58 litres per square attoparsec for those who aren't in the know)

Actually I think your conversion methods are slightly off (Did you use "blogconversions.org" because they're not always so accurate)

0.3 ferlongs cubed equals 3.8 micro hectares.

Unless you were rounding up in which case....well in which case you really shouldn't be rounding up such an important figure.

You obviously haven't read the revised edition of the Measurements Quad-table.

Don't be ashamed though, it's a rookie mistake.

You're a self-professed founder of the Incremental Unitary Recording Society. Quite frankly I'm ashamed that you have not read up on it, and am starting to doubt your dedication towards your position.

Well I didn't want to say this, but I might just be getting a bit confused because I was asked to be chief consultant on the 2011 revised edition.

I'm sorry, but that is just bullshit.

Games I want now (got the Urge for burger king)

Fallout New Vegas

Borderlands 2oooooo!

Yakuza of the End - seriously, if this is anything like what I'm imagining (run and gun 3rd person zombie-fest with brutal weapons) then... Knees tremble.

Resistance 3

Killzone 3

Need something shooty very soon though, I may have to resort to Black Ops.

Oh, and if someone could get Reach and a 360 for me, wouldn't mind that.

I sicken myself that I enjoy shooters so much.

Lets do this again.

2utri4y.gif

2vt5hfa.jpg

6e408l.jpg

1t6c5x.gif

I'm sorry, but that is just bullshit.

Games I want now (got the Urge for burger king)

Fallout New Vegas

Borderlands 2oooooo!

Yakuza of the End - seriously, if this is anything like what I'm imagining (run and gun 3rd person zombie-fest with brutal weapons) then... Knees tremble.

Resistance 3

Killzone 3

Need something shooty very soon though, I may have to resort to Black Ops.

Oh, and if someone could get Reach and a 360 for me, wouldn't mind that.

I sicken myself that I enjoy shooters so much.

Check out MAG. My highest rated online fps since the my PC BF days.

Lets do this again.

2utri4y.gif

2vt5hfa.jpg

6e408l.jpg

1t6c5x.gif

Now that's impressive. I had no interest in GT5 before but this makes me at least want to try it out.

How come these work fine in chrome and the other ones had to take a while to load properly first?

Now that's impressive. I had no interest in GT5 before but this makes me at least want to try it out.

How come these work fine in chrome and the other ones had to take a while to load properly first?

Make sure they are the latest versions I think? I am only aware of the current IE stable release being slow at gif rendering. The rest should be fine.

I am on the latest version. The updated Gifs work beautifully. The smaller ones, not so much. I wanted to know why the difference between them. Since the latest ones clearly take up more Kb.

I am on the latest version. The updated Gifs work beautifully. The smaller ones, not so much. I wanted to know why the difference between them. Since the latest ones clearly take up more Kb.

Weird. No idea. All the browsers have odd bugs here and there that is for sure.

i need to buy GT5 just to show my approval of 4 year dev cycles. Not to mention it looks incredible