NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Right now the shitty weather is coming back, can we start some PS3 gaming nights again?

Burnout

Red Dead

Uncharted 2

Bad Company 2

Modern Warfare 2

Killzone 2

Super Streetfigher 4

MAG - yeah right, no cunt plays it on here! :mad:

Anything else you fancy!

We used to have some great game nights on here - they were a right laugh and I still stand by a certain Burnout night being the most fun I've had online!

Definitely mate. I would love a Red Dead Redemption night, or anything else for that matter.

Lets get something organised.

yeah lets get the thread moving again...I'll update the first post as and when we decide on fixed nights for things...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-14-sony-invents-back-compat-device

Sony Japan is trying to patent an invention that would solve backwards compatibility problems on PS3.

The device - a new generation to previous generation console adapter - is external and has its own processor, DVD encoder/emulator, sound chip and graphics chip. It connects to what appears to be a PS3 (memory cards, joypads and discs are all shown beside it) via a cable.

Eurogamer's Digital Foundry blog is investigating further.

But don't get your hopes up, as this is only an application for a patent - nobody's actually said yes, as as Siliconera pointed out.

Sony Europe gave Eurogamer a flat "no comment."

Perhaps this invention may be intended for use with the new PSP2.

The 60GB launch PS3 was natively backwards compatible and could play PS2 games - a feature Sony eradicated from future models. The company has instead favoured Blu-ray conversions of the console's most popular titles: God of War, Sly and maybe ICO and Shadow of the Colossus - that's the word around the proverbial water-cooler.

thing is how much cheaper is it gonna be to just buy a second hand PS2?

the only reason it bothers me is that I have limited edition copy of MGS3 I've never played but I'm gonna pick up a ps2 at some point when I see one going cheap at a carboot!

Fuck BC.

I want my Ico in 60 fps HD goodness, with Trophies.

Here you go then dreams can come true maybe just maybe *crosses fingers*

ICO / Shadow of the Colossus HD bundle pops up in another retail listing, with box art

icosotc530pxheaderimg.jpg

Following a recent "ICO / Shadow of the Colossus HD bundle" listing on Walmart's site, the unofficial remake package has popped up on Swedish retail website Webhallen. This new listing even adds box art (larger version after the break), though it's not been verified as authentic. The listing was spotted by a Twitter account named "PlayStationTEAM," which we've verified is not an official Sony account.

In response to the listings, Sony has told us it "doesn't comment on rumor or speculation," but with Tokyo Game Show about to pop off this week, we've got all our fingers and toes crossed for news about this HD remake bundle containing two games that are very near and dear to our hearts.

Fuck BC.

I want my Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in 60 fps HD goodness, with Trophies.

FIXED for ya

I'm really glad I've acquired Fall of Man. The campaign is much better than I remember it - the weapons feel really solid, the Chimera take a decent amount of lead, and... I dunno. The feel of the game does set it apart. Plus you can't take your health for granted so much.

I played a bit online, and got utterly ass raped. Gonna have to set that right, it's far different and getting my control setup sorted has taken a while.

Seriously though, this game deserved the praise it got, it's fantastic. The female narration is win.

In Famitsu (15th Sept)

[PS3] Ico

[PS3] Shadow of the Colossus

[PS3] The Last Guardian

[PS3] Ryu ga Gotoku OF THE END

[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 3

1up reporting it as confirmed:

After several months' worth of rumors, this week's issue of Famitsu magazine has officially confirmed that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, the two PS2 action-game masterpieces from Fumito Ueda and his team at Sony, are getting ported to the PlayStation 3.

Walmart put up a listing four days ago describing a twin Ico/Shadow of the Colossus pack for around $40. However -- in Japan, at least -- the two titles will be available not as a set, but only in separate form. Details are still a little scant on what'll be new with the PS3 versions, too, except for the fact that it will feature some sort of graphical upgrade for the HD system. No firm release date has been set, either.

As for The Last Guardian, Ueda's latest project? Famitsu printed a few more screenshots in this week's issue, but there's still no release date info and no word on whether it'll be on the Tokyo Game Show floor or not (we'll find out soon enough either way, though).

Stay tuned for more details as they come out of Japan.

I would like a MGS collection for PS3 with each game having trophies etc (bit like how GoW did it). I would buy that!

In other news i finally got the platinum trophy on R&C Crack in Time, only taken me like 10 months! lol.

I'm really glad I've acquired Fall of Man. The campaign is much better than I remember it - the weapons feel really solid, the Chimera take a decent amount of lead, and... I dunno. The feel of the game does set it apart. Plus you can't take your health for granted so much.

I played a bit online, and got utterly ass raped. Gonna have to set that right, it's far different and getting my control setup sorted has taken a while.

Seriously though, this game deserved the praise it got, it's fantastic. The female narration is win.

R1 > R2 overall. R1's expansions etc are free as well now. Hopefully the extended development time helps.

I am looking to buy Motorstorm 2 again as i got the expansion recently through plus. So maybe some race game nights with Burnout or Motorstorm PR? We could even do Blur demo online which i recommend.

I've only just started using my Playtv and was wondering how easy it is to just connect an external hard drive to store & watch recorded programs and if it's possible?

Cheers for any replies.

One demo this week is 3.3gb :p Downloading over 10gb of content from PSN right now.

I've only just started using my Playtv and was wondering how easy it is to just connect an external hard drive to store & watch recorded programs and if it's possible?

Cheers for any replies.

Well the recording is done on the internal drive and you can transfer stuff to usb or external hdd.

You have alot of options for viewing and storing them once you transfer them out of Playtv.

Edited by Choze

Holy shit, the amount of demos that have released today is ridiculousnessity.

One demo this week is 3.3gb :p Downloading over 10gb of content from PSN right now.

Well the recording is done on the internal drive and you can transfer stuff to usb or external hdd.

You have alot of options for viewing and storing them once you transfer them out of Playtv.

Thanks Choze. Only got 120gb PS3 lol. Soon fills up with games, demo's & recordings. Cheers again!

Holy shit, the amount of demos that have released today is ridiculousnessity.

agreed! bloody good week all round on PSN! both monkey islands for bargain £6!

Id like to get Monkey Island 1 as ive still not played it but getting Monkey Island 2 for 59p on the iPod this week, £6 just doesnt feel like a bargain anymore.

Id like to get Monkey Island 1 as ive still not played it but getting Monkey Island 2 for 59p on the iPod this week, £6 just doesnt feel like a bargain anymore.

isn't the first one cheap on there to? guess it makes more sense to buy them on there if thats an option....