NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I can't speak about the e-mail issue, but I've a pretty good idea of what your friend's problem was: your first order with a new card must be to its billing address. Ironically enough it's a security measure to counteract fraud.

When I had to get in contact with them I used their Live Chat. 10 minutes later I was sorted. Generally I wouldn't rely on asynchronous communication when attempting to get a company to sort something, actively engaging an employee in a conversation yields much quicker results as they have to deal with things then and there.

If I recall we did try to get them on live chat and had no success, hence the need for email. Personally I've never had an issue, but then I don't like it when you're completely ignored and have an issue. I think we did get around it and were able to send it to me somehow, but that bit I can't rememeber. Funny how you only recall the bad parts eh?

P.S I culled a lot of people from my friends list. Apologies if I have offended your life.

I'm crying right now.

I'm crying right now.

Mike I'm so sorry. I am so, so sorry. Maybe if we'd got to know each other better, or perhaps if you'd slept round that night, things would be different?

:(

Mike I'm so sorry. I am so, so sorry. Maybe if we'd got to know each other better, or perhaps if you'd slept round that night, things would be different?

:(

I'm heartbroken, can we not turn back the clock and try again?

:weep:

so firmware tag with jailbreakers has begun? I wonder how often we can look forward to this?

Thanks alot pirate douchebags!

Its only the second time this has happened in nearly 4 years though. Compared to other consoles, that's not bad.

Just tried the demo. There's been a few improvements. Everything's just a little bit better. Parachute now included = win.

Seems like a bit more effort went into the presentation and stuff.

It isn't great though. There needs to be more campaign missions, and they need to be designed better. I played 5 or 6 missions and was glad they added vertical battles and the puzzle level idea was good (reach the target area) but it just seems so small scale. Team 17 seems really limited by their tool set, it's like their programmers are still in pre-school.

Obviously Worms is a 'fan-series' so you can't just lose all the retroness, clunky cute stuff. But at least make the single player a bit more interesting! Design the environments with detail in mind, instead of pasting landscapes and moulding them a bit. Add scripts, varied gameplay ideas, special in game triggers etc etc, kind of like they did with Worms 3D. You could have some great platform/puzzle levels using the Ninja rope and parachute etc but what I've seen of the series so far has been worse than half-baked.

I appreciate there's a couple of new weapons, they're kinda cool, but why the hell not add some more original things to the main inventory that make it different from everyday Worms? The turrets and magnets are a good start, there needs to be more of that kinda stuff. It is a tactical game after all so they should definitely explore the defensive side of the game, and have bigger landscapes so that it really makes you think about your moves, not just one big shoot-out pile up.

I did enjoy the firing range mode thing. Some nice graphical effects.

The voice/skin styles/grave style roster etc isn't as impressive as other entries, the shop just seemed damn right lacking in quantity. Needs to be quadruple the size to be an actual aspect of the game.

Also, more environment options would be nice. I've still yet to see the basic option to toggle off environment damage for certain levels (aside from blow torch/pneumatic drill damage).

Ergh. Basically there needs to be more of a shake-up, and a bit of grandeur. It could be an incredible series, but it's held back by unambitious creators, and probably a tight budget.

Edited by dwarf

Right now the shitty weather is coming back, can we start some PS3 gaming nights again?

Burnout

Red Dead

Uncharted 2

Bad Company 2

Modern Warfare 2

Killzone 2

Super Streetfigher 4

MAG - yeah right, no cunt plays it on here! :mad:

Anything else you fancy!

We used to have some great game nights on here - they were a right laugh and I still stand by a certain Burnout night being the most fun I've had online!

Once I have my fill of castle crashers, ill be up for some Uncharted, Super Street Fighter and Bad company. Had my fill of Killzone 2 methinks.

I believe Goafer plays/played it.

And I'll be up for Uncharted...but my disk isn't working. Or my mic. Both seemed to stop working at the same time, so I need to investigate my options.

Right now the shitty weather is coming back, can we start some PS3 gaming nights again?

Burnout

Red Dead

Uncharted 2

Bad Company 2

Modern Warfare 2

Killzone 2

Super Streetfigher 4

Anything else you fancy!

We used to have some great game nights on here - they were a right laugh and I still stand by a certain Burnout night being the most fun I've had online!

Burnout, MW2, Uncharted 2 and KZ2 i would be up for sometime!

I am currently decideding wether to try and get reach at launch or not though which make take up my time...

Yes we should resurrect the thread. I still have a ton of stuff to do on Burnout. My focus at the moment has been more single player games but Im for weekends.

Heavy Rain Move Edition is out on the 8th of October.

There will be a demo on the 15th of this month with a patch for the game coming on the 22nd.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/13/heavy-rain-move-edition-is-coming/

I might get Move at launch then. Been waiting for this to give HR a second play through.

single most compelling reason to get a move! One reason I'm considering it to.

I really don't see how that would improve the experience much. If I was going to control it, I'd probably use the Move controller if I had one but it hardly constitutes a purchase.

Daft just wants an excuse to be an early adopter and get captured on camera.

Yeah, no chance I'm waiting in line.

I just want to spend money. Capitalism wins again.

On a side note I'm not that up for NE gaming nightz but will join in for the epic success if I'm on, perhaps. Depends on my mood.

Sometimes I feel like shooting people in the face and other times... Actually I always like shooting people in the face.

Seriously though, I'm usually feeling too bored to try and entertain myself with a game. I just leave my system on in case I feel the urge to play something, even though I only have a 5 game library atm. Hence Fall of Man impulse.

Edited by dwarf