NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Lulz I knew you and Aimless would buy it.

Explain whyeee.

Tell me moar

Tell me moar

Was it Love at content?

*I must stop degrading into Rez speak. Or is that upgrading? No.

Personally my thought process was, "Eh, why not?" I imagine my thinking would have been different if I didn't happen to have £40 credit on my account already; in real terms it cost me around £30, such are the joys of cheap PSN vouchers.

I can see the outlay being worth it for me specifically, although in general I'd say Plus is lacking a killer app. All the stuff it offers is nice enough, but I feel it needs one more substantial thing to get people saying, "Okay, this I can get behind." For instance if your registered PS3 and PSP were under warranty for the duration of your subscription, I think that would be a welcome addition.

I was just thinking over the space of the year it's definitely going to make its worth. I'm looking forward to ZEN Pinball next month.

God knows why. I can't imagine a pinball game being fun.

I just hope the quality of titles up for free doesn't diminish. I'd like to see more and more free games the quality of Wipeout HD etc...and with relatively old games there seems to be plenty of games they could bring back for free with this new revenue stream.

I was just thinking over the space of the year it's definitely going to make its worth. I'm looking forward to ZEN Pinball next month.

God knows why. I can't imagine a pinball game being fun.

Zen Pinball is great fun and the DLC tables are a bargain at £1.50 each!

Zen Pinball is great fun and the DLC tables are a bargain at £1.50 each!

Bargain. ..

Apollo Creed has added me on PSN...

apollo_creed1.jpg

...anyone here?

Dumb question im sure, but do things download any faster off PSN Plus? Its really my only gripe with the free PSN, but some faster d/l speeds would get my attention

Dumb question im sure, but do things download any faster off PSN Plus? Its really my only gripe with the free PSN, but some faster d/l speeds would get my attention

Funny you should say that I initially thought they did but then realised it was because my PS3 is now wired and not wireless through several rooms!

Anyway I decided to buy a 90 days subscription for the content. I think theres enough in the first two months to keep me interested. Loved Age of Zombies tis a great game. Simplisitic, short enough to not get boring (I completed it in one sitting) but has enough about to keep you playing. The humour is spot on and the graphics are lovely and gorgeous on the PSP. Reminds despite all the problems of the system the PSP's screen is still fantastic and the best handheld screen out there.

On another more negative note Blast Off that comes next month for free is utter shite!

Edited by flameboy

The automatic download is awesome. I switched it on the other day and it had downloaded a couple demos and a patch for Blur.

It would be nice if the settings for the automatic download were more in-depth. Like if I could select it to download the Full Game Trial but not the demos or sommit.

The automatic download is awesome. I switched it on the other day and it had downloaded a couple demos and a patch for Blur.

It would be nice if the settings for the automatic download were more in-depth. Like if I could select it to download the Full Game Trial but not the demos or sommit.

yeah seems a bit weird to me... how you can't pick what you want. Although from there point of view its a great way of pushing stuff out to you without you having an option in the hope that you will try out these demos and play them.

Sonys PSPad?

Wall Street Journal -

Meanwhile, Sony is developing a portable device that shares characteristics of handheld game machines, e-book readers and netbook computers, according to people familiar with the matter. Some Sony e-book readers already come with 3G connections but it is not clear if a new wireless gadget will use carrier networks.

So I traded in RDR for Naughty Bear the other day, it's a funny little game, but I somehow feel it'll get old quite fast. But so far I've enjoyed playing it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

So I traded in RDR for Naughty Bear the other day, it's a funny little game, but I somehow feel it'll get old quite fast. But so far I've enjoyed playing it.

Whyyy...

Still loving Red Dead. Did you play it online much?

Wow - well I hope your happy with your swap. Looks like IGN and Gametrailers disagree with your views on the game.

I've only played a few hours of Naughty Bear, but I don't need to waste any more of my time to tell you that this game is a waste of yours. Naughty Bear is an embarrassment and shouldn't be purchased by anyone anywhere.

IGN Ratings for Naughty Bear (PS3).

Rating Description out of 10

2.0 Presentation

The game opens and looks like it’s going to have a cool storybook vibe. It doesn’t; instead, it barely runs.

2.5 Graphics

Even standing still, the game looks bad. Toss in the clipping and it only gets worse. The sharp edges on things as simple as cake are embarrassing.

2.5 Sound

The announcer’s tone and his puns are terrible.

2.5 Gameplay

It’s infuriating to hack at an enemy only to watch him run away, and it’s equally as frustrating to have the objective arrow disappear or get cheaply killed.

2.5 Lasting Appeal

There are a number of challenges, but the multiplayer is lame and the game is not fun.

2.5 OVERALL

Terrible

Slightly better but but not a great score of 5.1 on Gametrailers

Looks like you'll miss out on this for Red Dead:

Red Dead Redemption Adds Zombies; New Modes

You'll probably be playing this game the rest of the year.

Rockstar Games is blowing out Red Dead Redemption by announcing four additional downloadable packs for the game set for release over the rest of the year.

The first pack, Legends and Killers, will be out this coming August and adds new multiplayer characters and weapons. The series of packs will culminated sometime this fall with the release of the Undead Nightmare Pack, which adds new single-player quests and multiplayer zombie characters. No release dates for the other two packs were provided.

- Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).

Edited by Cookyman

I got it on a mates recommendation. To be honest even with the Outlaws to the End DLC I haven't played RDR since I got 100% redeemed trophy ages ago. I know Naughty Bear will be the same so hopefully it'll still have a good trade in value when that time comes.

Wow - well I hope your happy with your swap. Looks like IGN and Gametrailers disagree with your views on the game.

Slightly better but but not a great score of 5.1 on Gametrailers

Looks like you'll miss out on this for Red Dead:

Yeah I had heard Naughty Bear was meant to be pretty bad.

Can't wait for that DLC! Sounds awesome. I hope the zombies are somehow incorporated in missions and not just an available character skin. It'd be great if they can pull that off. Really can't wait for the new weapons, but I really do wish they'd fix the EXP since it's currently ridiculously low after that patch.

So I traded in RDR for Naughty Bear the other day, it's a funny little game, but I somehow feel it'll get old quite fast. But so far I've enjoyed playing it

Wow, I bet they were laughing their asses off at you..

lol, I feel kind of bad all the abuse he's getting from trading in RDR for Naughty Bear. But it does seem like a really uneven trade...

I think it's all down to circumstance and preference, Another of my mates made the same trade, as he nearly fell asleep near the end of RDR. He didn't really see the appeal or see himself playing it again. Regardless, it most likely isn't a good trade, but that was my choice. I see these responses I've been getting as rather cruel, you've all hurt my feelings.

I think it's all down to circumstance and preference, Another of my mates made the same trade, as he nearly fell asleep near the end of RDR. He didn't really see the appeal or see himself playing it again. Regardless, it most likely isn't a good trade, but that was my choice. I see these responses I've been getting as rather cruel, you've all hurt my feelings.

Aww, sorry, that wasn't my intention. Reviews can often be full of bullshit anyway.

The story side to RDR can be a bit rinse and repeat, but it can shine online.

I see these responses I've been getting as rather cruel, you've all hurt my feelings.

I didn't. I love you.

But how could you do that? Moron...

<3