NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

:( I really want to get Prototype but in Germany it's nowhere (!!) to find. And because I don't have a credit card I will never be able to play the game...

Don't get Prototype. Not that I've played it, but it looks completely lame, and received poor reviews. You should buy:

1229425690hail.jpg

Do you have a debit card?

Yes. If the translation machine aka dictionary is right :p

Don't get Prototype. Not that I've played it, but it looks completely lame, and received poor reviews.

I played it and it's awesome (oh god, I have to stop saying "awesome". Damn you Barney!).

Prototype is fucking awful. Fun for about 10 minutes.

Yes. If the translation machine aka dictionary is right :p

Use it to add funds to your Paypal account, and buy the game from somewhere that accepts paypal then.

Use it to add funds to your Paypal account, and buy the game from somewhere that accepts paypal then.

If I add € to my (for now) non-existent Paypal account and I buy stuff from ebay.co.uk does it automatically convert the money to £?

If it was aimed at you it wouldn't have been in Italics and your message would have been quoted.

Oh. :blush:

Chillax I've never expressed hatred for you. I thought it was the opposite way round if anything.

Let's just turn a new summery leaf.

Yeah I've none for you, sorry if it's seemed that way.

Anyway, I've been playing the Just Cause 2 demo.

Blown away...

Every game needs a grapple hook.

The height and scale of the thing is amazing...

Epic rapage there with Rez and the Cook, I'm off to have some soup.

i-would-venture-to-say-hell-yes.jpg

I enjoyed that.

Epic rapage there with Rez and the Cook, I'm off to have some soup.

EDIT

System update 3.4 is on route.

TBH we did actually rape. Hello a cheeky little "Rage". Perhaps if it wasn't the fiftieth kill I might have made it to Rampage.

But if ifs and buts were some such....then....shit would...go down.

Look forward to playing again. ON NE MAPS! (fingers crossed 4TLZ)

Nuttin amazingly interesting, but here's some little things about the new firmwin update does that hasn't been cited for insane damage

So far

- Your trophy level appears on the side of your PlayStation Network ID box, just to the right of your comment.

- Under Display Settings Deep Color (HDMI) is a firmware 3.40 feature

- Plus subscribers have a + symbol next to their PSN IDs

- Calibrate Motion Controller is a new feature in Accessory Settings for PlayStation Move

- Automatic Download appears at the top of System Settings, it allows you to set a period of two hours to allow patches, and updates to be downloaded

- Trimming -- you can now trim the edges of photos while keeping the original copy prior to the trim Edit: (not sure if it was there prior)

- Under Transaction Management there is a new subsection called Service List, which features betas and access to other services Edit: (It was there prior)

Just purchased Plus. It's kind of cool knowing for the next year I'm going to have a stream of games coming in,

How on Earth is LittleBIGPlanet only 2Gb?!

Edit: Age of Zombies is an awesome mini. They should have made it a PSN title.

Edited by Daft

I'm gonna subscribe I think even though over the next month or so I don't expect to spend much time playing but I think for all the content on offer it's worth getting to download this months content love Destruction Derby for starters plus Fieldrunners.

No idea whether I should subscribe or not. I think I'll read up on Plus' features and decide then.

No idea whether I should subscribe or not. I think I'll read up on Plus' features and decide then.

I think its more about the amount of content you get access to for reasonable price plus the discounts to other content! I'm gonna do 90 days tonight and see what I think!

I need an RPG fix.

On my list are right now:

Trinity Universe (thanks again EmeraldEmblem for your impressions on this one)

Agarest - Generations of War

Resonance of Fate

White Knight Chronicles

Anyone played any of the games and can give me some impressions?

Edit: After seeing the Gametrailer Review of Resonance of Fate this is currently number one on the list.

Edited by drahkon

Resonance of Fate is really good, although a lot of its mechanics aren't explained very well. The story is also somewhat impenetrable, but it has a lot of character to make up for that, including some surprisingly good/bizarre dialogue in parts.

I don't think I ever posted about the game here, but if you need any help working out its systems I can give you a crash course that'll aid you in getting the most out of the game. Thinking back it's probably one of my favourite games of the year so far, although it definitely isn't for everyone; eccentric doesn't even begin to cover it.

I'm not sure what the point of subscribing to Plus now is if you have most of the content that's available to you in the first couple of months. Be patient and get a year subscription slightly down the line is what I say. The service would be a lot more attractive if you could get discounts on everything (thinking back on it this may actually be a feature) but even still, early adopters to me come across as people who are buying it because it is there, or BLATANTLY because they want the '+' icon next to their name.

I think the service will expand in the future because it isn't currently offering that key thing. I'm still concerned that standard PSN will suffer because of the subscription service, and it will probably stop evolving to where it should be.

Murwah tell me if ya think Ize wrong.

I'm still concerned that standard PSN will suffer because of the subscription service, and it will probably stop evolving to where it should be.

Murwah tell me if ya think Ize wrong.

I think the same thing. I hope they don't hold back demos/other free content for a week or so before free users can download them. The idea I have is that in such a case, it's not like demo's are being constructed and released quicker so that they get them out a week earlier to people who pay. It would definitely be a case of them holding back a service slightly for free users, who've never been hindered before.

It's still great that PSN is free, though. I've never gotten over the fact that on XBL I had to pay to play the games I spent ~£35 already on, on top of broadband costs, simply to use my own broadband connection to connect to others.

Yeah, I'd agree with that demo example, and it would be ultrally obvious if multi-format demos get released on XBLive & PSN+, but aren't released on PSN.

More potential lose stems from the problem of limiting the evolution of PSN, namely the automatic downloads feature. Why should you have to pay to get that? If Plus was never invented I'd assume that would've been created anyway.

Edited by dwarf

early adopters to me come across as people who are buying it because it is there

Yup. I splash the cash.

I do recommend everyone pick up Age of Zombies. It's pretty awesome.