NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Music is music, video is video, but the type of games on each machine are an obvious differentiator. I don't think either device is all that comparable, to be honest.

I Love Apple

Fair enough.

Although the fact that workers in their manufacturing plant are committing suicide shouldn't be an issue, because Sony also have a lot of their stuff made there.

Anyway, does anyone know if Limbo was an XBLA exclusive... or timed-exclusive?

I want it, but not on the XBox.

I'm not trying to be a tool or cause any kind of fanboy type argument; BUT.

If I were looking for a music device that also offered video and games... I would probably be looking at an iPod Touch...

Yeah but if games were much more important to you you'd go with the psp since they're typically much better and comparable to console games.

Anyway, does anyone know if Limbo was an XBLA exclusive... or timed-exclusive?

I want it, but not on the XBox.

The latter for 12 months most likely, although I wouldn't be too surprised to see it on PC earlier than that. Who can say whether it'll eventually come to PS3, but both Braid and Castle Crashers were previous XBLA 'exclusives'; that word doesn't seem to mean much these days.

Any particularly reason for not wanting it on 360? It controls beautifully.

I generally want to buy less games for the 360 than PS3... just want to shift my playtime.

Just enjoy the PS3 a lot more, free online services, it's where I have most of my "real" friends playing games and also I feel like it's a safer console (the next time my XBox breaks I probably won't bother buying a new one).

If I buy a UK bluray (the movie called Moon), will I be able to play it on my German PS3?

I know that games are not region locked but I have no idea what the situation is with bluray.

If I buy a UK bluray (the movie called Moon), will I be able to play it on my German PS3?

I know that games are not region locked but I have no idea what the situation is with bluray.

blu-ray is region-locked... so assuming that germany and the uk have different region codes for blu-ray then you probably won't be able to play any uk blu-rays on it.

I bought my NTSC PS3 with this knowledge, as I knew that I wouldn't be buying that many - if any - blu-rays, but if I did in theory this would mean that I could get them earlier than the UK release.

Yes, you will. All countries in Europe (as well as Australia) share the same region code: B.

You can check a map of the various region codes at Wikipedia. (Scroll down a bit)

Also, some discs are region A, B, C, so they work on players from all regions (commonly called "region free" discs).

This site is very handy for you to check the codes of various releases.

I had a mess around with remote-play tonight, being able to watch TV on my PSP Go is a rather nice novelty, I decided to watch Belleville Rendez-voux on it which was entertaining.

Also, I got my code to redeem 10 free games already which was nice, shall redeem it tomorrow. :grin:

I had a mess around with remote-play tonight, being able to watch TV on my PSP Go is a rather nice novelty, I decided to watch Belleville Rendez-voux on it which was entertaining.

Also, I got my code to redeem 10 free games already which was nice, shall redeem it tomorrow. :grin:

Can you let me know what Motorstorm: Arctic Edge is like please? Oh, and Wipeout Pure. Cheers!

Can you let me know what Motorstorm: Arctic Edge is like please? Oh, and Wipeout Pure. Cheers!

sure, when it lets me download them, i was about to go to the store and redeem the code but it says i need to update... though it's version 6.31 which i'm sure i downloaded the other day so i'm unsure why i have to download it twice, not enough battery power to update either so i have to wait for it to charge sigh...

i was starting to enjoy using the psp but it's things like this that annoy me... ok i can understand the battery power update thing because you don't want to brick your system by it turning off during an update but why make me apply an update which i've allready done before...

anyway, i'll let you know what they're like dwarf as wipeout was gonna be the first game i was gonna play anyway.

p.s. apologies for the lack of capitalisation in my posts, both my shift keys aren't working at the moment... fail.

p.s. apologies for the lack of capitalisation in my posts, both my shift keys aren't working at the moment... fail.

What about Caps Lock?

I didn't realise I'd turned into Nicktendo... :heh: anyway, yeah caps lock works, gonna buy a new kb though...

----------------------------------

so I've downloaded a few games so far, but haven't had a chance to play them yet but i'll report back when i do.

I didn't realise I'd turned into Nicktendo...

Lol @ identity crisis. Stupid Funktion...

Edited by dwarf

Lol @ identity crisis. Stupid Funktion...

Shut up Rez, you kent

Edited by Funktion

hmm well i played both and tbh... wipeout feels slow compared to f-zero and motorstorm feels like burnout but not as good... just my opinion but those were the first impressions i got.

hmm well i played both and tbh... wipeout feels slow compared to f-zero and motorstorm feels like burnout but not as good... just my opinion but those were the first impressions i got.

Wipeout has different speed levels. Plus, you can't get faster than the Zone. The Zones will always win...

As for Motorstorm !?!?!? It's nothing like Burnout! Give me some decent impressions man, I've played their console brethrens, I wanna know the credit card detailz! How it is on the Puusp.

Wipeout has different speed levels. Plus, you can't get faster than the Zone. The Zones will always win...

As for Motorstorm !?!?!? It's nothing like Burnout! Give me some decent impressions man, I've played their console brethrens, I wanna know the credit card detailz! How it is on the Puusp.

well these are just based on playing each for a few mins and initially at least wipeout does feel slow to me and doesn't control anywhere near as nicely as f-zero does.

motorstorm arctic edge has similar presentation to burnout revenge, you have a boost meter which is similar, although the overheating thing actually reminds me of excite truck, the controls aren't bad but they don't feel too solid either.

plus other reasons for the burnout comparison, when you crash it shows your vehicle crunch in kinda slow motion, how is that not like burnout... plus it plays licensed music in the background, the only main difference is the selection of vehicles on offer, the fact that you can choose a generic driver and progress is based on points and not stars.

neither game blew me away but then, neither was terrible either just felt like they both fell short somewhat.

But racing games are all about the tracks and vehicles, in which neither are similar. What I'm saying is that they feel very different, just the very weight of it all makes it vastly unique.

But hey, I haven't played the game :D I'll shurrup, afterall, I'm asking for yo' opinionage.

Playing inFamous for the second time, this time evil.

Fuck me this is fun! I swear when I first played it it took absolutely ages to get going. Still wish they'd give you the gliding power before the stupid sniper power.

I swear when I first played it it took absolutely ages to get going.

For me it took even longer to get going in the second playthrough.

The game is muchos fun, but there wasn't much to do after you found your last power. Some of those "destroy/defend 3 vehicles/guns/etc." or "disable 3 very important thingies" and then the final boss (which I have to say is awesome).

I'm thinking I might try and Platinum it.

Go for it.

It's not that hard...but tedious...it's teeeeeediiiiiioouuuuuus. Especially if you don't plan your playthrough.

What do I need to know? I've completed it once on Easy as a good guy and now half way through on Hard being super Evil.

What's the tedious bit? The bast shards, I guess.