NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

What's the tedious bit? The bast shards, I guess.

Yes, and xp grinding.

On hard you get less xp for killing shit, doing stunts and collecting blast shards.

My advice would be: don't do any side missions (except the ones needed for this particular "evil skill") and don't collect any blast shards until you've beaten the game on hard. After you've finished you can change the difficulty to easy, do side missions and collect blast shards for good xp.

If you've already done some side missions don't bother, because:

Several side missions on the last island give good xp when killing enemies. Just kill yourself before you finish.

It's a good idea to get all the stunts out of the way as soon as possible. The further you get in the story the fewer enemies there are, and certain challenges have very opportunistic requirements that get a lot harder to pull off when there aren't, say, groups of enemies spawning on rooftops.

It's a good idea to get all the stunts out of the way as soon as possible.

Many stunts are considerably easier to do when being good. I did all of them being evil though...

I think the game gives you several opportunities to do the stunts. Try to recognize and take advantage of them. It helps to know what the requirements are for each stunt.

Yeeeesh. Sounds tough. I'll need a list of the stunts. Done 11 of the 21...by fluke.

Cheers guys.

I've still got my good save file, if that helps?

I've still got my good save file, if that helps?

Hm, if you have all the good-side trophies (story related, full karma, full good upgrades) then it's useless :D Except for doing some stunts.

I'll need a list of the stunts.

Here, if you still need one.

Any tips for 'Have A Nice Fall'? I've completed the Neon district and half way through the second island. It's driving me a bit bonkers.

Any tips for 'Have A Nice Fall'? I've completed the Neon district and half way through the second island. It's driving me a bit bonkers.

I did that after I'd completed the game in the same place as this video:

Getting it can be fiddly, but at least it's a reliable spawn point for enemies.

Cheers! Is there any way to check the stunts you've done? Or do you have to do them in order? I'm 15 for 21 at the mo.

Is there any way to check the stunts you've done? Or do you have to do them in order?

No. And no. You can do a stunt whenever you want (given that you are able to do so).

Don't know if this has been posted but the next batch of content for Playstation Plus has been unveiled:

And here is what you can expect to see from the 1st Sept – 30th Sept

PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)

minis: Vector Tower Defense

Echoes

PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee

Full Game Trial: Warhawk (with exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)

Inferno Pool

Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%

Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%

Warhawk – 20%

Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%

DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC

Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme

Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme

Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar

Eye Pet DJ Avatar

We’ve listened to your feedback on here so, rest assured, this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming to Plus in August and September.

Hopefully there is plenty there to entertain you!

In this content list and the months to come, we will be using the suggestions of game content you gave use recently on here, and trying to include the most requested games wherever we can. We’ve already acted on some of your suggestions and have put fan favourites Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee and Sam and Max: The Devil’s Playground (the entire season) into the games you get.

As always, please feel free to tell me if there is anything in particular you would like to see in the Plus content list.

Enjoy all this and keep an eye out for some extra exclusive treats during the month!

Kinda good lot I think.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we see a Killzone 3 Beta for Plus members announced at Gamescom.

Sweet, Sam and Max. Tried the demo, kind of wanted to buy it but decided not to in the end.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we see a Killzone 3 Beta for Plus members announced at Gamescom.

What makes you say that?

I'll get a couple of months of Plus if that's the case.

What makes you say that?

I'll get a couple of months of Plus if that's the case.

It's just supposition on my part. Timing wise it would fit in with Killzone 2 — Beta in September, release in February — and Sony are having a presentation at Gamescom making announcements of some sort likely. It would help steal a few headlines away from Reach, some SCEE staff have been seen playing the game on PSN and I can guarantee it would get a fair chunk of people signing up to Plus in order to get a place on the Beta.

Of course it looks increasingly likely that Resistance 3 will be announced at Gamescom, too. At a guess they'll trailer the campaign of that whilst giving the first details on KZ3's multiplayer so as not to overlap too aggressively, a Beta announcement capping off the latter. That's just me joining the dots, though, not insider info.

I see.

I'd love to see Resistance 3 there, really eager to see something's being done on it. But you all knew that, right?

Some time ago I said I needed an RPG fix. I still neeeeeeed.

Started Dragon Age again, but got bored.

I'll wait with White Knight Chronicles since the first game will be released with the sequel.

Resonance of Fate is still super expensive. Same with Agarest.

I recently have gotten interested in Disgaea 3. Is it any good?

Are there any other cheap and good RPGs out there? Preferably JRPGs.

http://www.examiner.com/x-56967-Fresno-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m8d3-Resistance-3-reveal-coming-soon

I searched Resistance 3 not expecting to find anything but this is a new blog post, as of today (don't know if it's true or not) that says:

Insomniac...will be bringing a new PS3 exclusive game to a Penny-Arcade Expo panel on September 4th. Insomniac has also let it be known that the new game's identity will be announced sometime between now and the Penny-Arcade Expo on Labor Day weekend.

I kinda want to make a thread for it, for discussionz, ideas etc. But mainly just because seeing Resistance 3 written down makes me

tingle.jpg

inside

How come no one has mentioned the flaky firmware yet ?

I'm thinking of upgrading to 3.41 but I don't know if the new updated version has actually fixed the hard drive upgrade problem ?

Don't feel like being a guinea pig and screwing up my system :)

No one has mentioned it because it hasn't effected any of us. It only has the potential to screw your system if you update your HDD after the update. I think it's fixed now, anyway.

No one has mentioned it because it hasn't effected any of us. It only has the potential to screw your system if you update your HDD after the update. I think it's fixed now, anyway.

Well I was thinking of upgrading my hard disk. That's why I had the concern. Even though it only affected a minority of people it was still an important issue. I've read some horror stories on various forums concerning this issue and it was very off putting.

Edited by gothic_hobbit

Tekken 2 coming to the store. BADASS

Tekken 2 is tosh, 3 is where its at.

I think the third game made people take it a lot more seriously.

hmmm never ever played a Tekken worth bothering with? Although I am lothed to buy PS1 games knowing they could pop up on Playstation Plus at some point.