NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Sure is gonna be cramped now, cos' all the consoles are on the floor. I think Ill have to have it vertically - Is this a negative thing or should I really try to have it horizontal?

I got my PS3 yesterday, took AOL exactly 2 weeks to send me it but finally its here. Now for the first time I own all the current home consoles this generation. PSWii60 + DS (no PSP - don't need one) :P

As I've probably said before, 360 is my main console this generation (PS2 last gen) and all the 3rd party multi platform titles will be bought for the 360 unless its extra special on the Ps3 (or even Wii) due to LIVE and friends.

I already own Ratchet & Clank and I'm thinking about buying Resistance: Fall of Man and I don't know why but WarHawk looks kind of fun. Hoping to buy these very cheap 2nd hand (had a look on ebay, looking at £15 each which includes postage).

I have heard a lot about how good Uncharted is but still don't know much about the game itself plus it looks sort of like Tomb Raider which I've never really been able to get into in the past.

Haze, FFXIII (whenever its gets released), MGS4(must have), Resistance: Fall of Man & Resistance: Rise of Man are the only games for the PS3 that I know of that really are must haves, are there any others that I've missed out?

I got my PS3 yesterday, took AOL exactly 2 weeks to send me it but finally its here. Now for the first time I own all the current home consoles this generation. PSWii60 + DS (no PSP - don't need one) :P

As I've probably said before, 360 is my main console this generation (PS2 last gen) and all the 3rd party multi platform titles will be bought for the 360 unless its extra special on the Ps3 (or even Wii) due to LIVE and friends.

I already own Ratchet & Clank and I'm thinking about buying Resistance: Fall of Man and I don't know why but WarHawk looks kind of fun. Hoping to buy these very cheap 2nd hand (had a look on ebay, looking at £15 each which includes postage).

I have heard a lot about how good Uncharted is but still don't know much about the game itself plus it looks sort of like Tomb Raider which I've never really been able to get into in the past.

Haze, FFXIII (whenever its gets released), MGS4(must have), Resistance: Fall of Man & Resistance: Rise of Man are the only games for the PS3 that I know of that really are must haves, are there any others that I've missed out?

Warhawk is quite a decent game, takes a while to get the hang out it but great fun once you do. Its online only, but comes free with a Bluetooth headset if you can find the retail version!

You can just download the demo for Uncharted. Takes a while to get. I plan on getting it soon. Should have on monday but i dont know what happened.

How does downloading demos work? Do most games have demos for them on the PSN? You don't have to pay do you?

How does downloading demos work? Do most games have demos for them on the PSN? You don't have to pay do you?

No it's free! Then it will have it own heading/window under a certain section in the PS3's menu (forget the exact one).

I like the fact when you download trailers, you can create a icon from the film material. Thats cool. (Way to late giving my opinion on this, lol)

Aye, I hear that shizzle.

Okay, question ; Why did Sony feel that in 12 years the controller didnt need a re-design?

Yeah I feel your pain...Didn't someone do a mod where you could encase a PS3 controller inside a 360 controller I may seriously do it....

EDIT; yeah I was right xbox360ps3controller.jpg

I've got the Dualshock 3 and i quite like it.

It feels abit better on racing games like Burnout and GT5P.

Warhawk is great fun , its abit tricky to start off with since people have been playing it for ages but its not as hard as Resistance where people one shot you all the time...

Warhawk is great fun , its abit tricky to start off with since people have been playing it for ages but its not as hard as Resistance where people one shot you all the time...

We need a big forum game. I think about 80% of the people with PS3 have it.

I've got the Dualshock 3 and i quite like it.

It feels abit better on racing games like Burnout and GT5P.

I definitly think Warhawk would have benefited from having a bots mode...or at least a tutorial...

Yup. I didn't even know there was those blue boosters for ages.

Speaking of games, i'll finally be turning on my PS3 on Thursday to get Everday Shooter.

Been looking forward to that.

Haven't any of you guys encountered people who say they think the ps1/2/3 controller is the ultimate, classic controller? I swear every semi-casual gamer (not this modern wii-casual type) slated the original Gamecube and Xbox controllers simply because they didn't understand that new controllers take a little while to get used to. I reckon that's why sony didn't update their controller, and to be fair, the controller works great with most games.

I still don't know which is where with X and Y on the GC controller mind...

I have to wait two weeks till my birthday untill my stupid girlfriend lets me open my PS3. I'm so excited, I think I may do the N64 kid thing when I open it.

Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty 4? I'll get both eventually... mmm...

Actually, I'm having a rather funny dillemma over this-

When I get my PS3 my dad's going to want to have a quick go and see what my girlfriend's 'wasted' £250 on. As an arab (he's Syrian) he probably won't be too impressed by COD4 with its Iraqis vs Americans storyline (I've only played multiplayer on the 360, is the storyline all current affairs based?). On the other hand, Damascus (capital of Syria, the place where he grew up) in Assassin's Creed would impress him muchly I'm sure!

The other game I'm getting is Singstar, which he won't be at all interested in.

Just posted this on the Bargains Thread but thought I may as well post it here to. Just got The Orange Box on PS3 for £22.99 at ShopTo.com. £23 for five games is a bit of a steal - no?

What is Everyday Shooter? Sounds random.

It's a twin-stick shooter with Rez influences, with every stage being like a different track from an album: each has a unique soundscape and form of play, requiring the player to explore how to string combos together for each level.

It's also the work of one guy, and definitely worth the £5 asking price if you're at all interested.

..Demo?

This isn't XBLA. Most games don't have demos, if they do it'll get released after the game itself.