NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

It's really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to [the delay].

"Contributing factor" he didn't say it was all the PS3 did he :heh:

:heh:

"Contributing factor" he didn't say it was all the PS3 did he

Didnt have to :heh:

Dont matter now anyway.. aprils not that far away

14 Chapters!? YOWZA! Im only halfway through Chapter 5 and Ive played it tonnes. That RULES. :) :) :)

Awesome review.

Must end up being one of the longest story/single player wise games Ive ever played! Thats sweet.

The only bad thing is, I tried playing FFT War of teh Lions a few days back, but I just found the style kind of horrible in comparison. Ill leave that one for another time.

Also that must mean your players in Disgaea become INSANELY hard.

Yeah, you can level them up to 9999. Once you get to a certain chapter, can't remember which one, you open up side quest maps which contain stupidly powered beasts to fight.

Could anyone make me very happy and tell me PSN is currently down. For some reason iTunes, Playstation Network and iChat (only the jabber account) have all stopped connecting. I also can't access Apples store. I can get on most of the internet though...

So my mum's decided i'm not having a PS3 till AFTER my GCSEs, apparently i have enough distractions already.

It's anything to stop me from getting one really.

So my mum's decided i'm not having a PS3 till AFTER my GCSEs, apparently i have enough distractions already.

It's anything to stop me from getting one really.

Mummys Boy.

The one thing that might have already been discussed I don't like is not being able to check messages and friends in game.

Maybe I'm used to the Dashboard/Guide on the 360 but if the PS3 had this then it would make it a lot better.

Well the thing is. The XMB always has a few megabytes of RAM allocated to it, not to mention the Internet Browser can go to the XMB at any point.

The feature is apparently "coming this year."

Anyway, whats the next exclusive PS3 game coming out?

Really enjoying Ratchet and Clank at the moment. Such a brilliant game with some excellent cutscenes. Definitely glad I bought a PS3 now. Can't believe Gamespot gave it 7.5. Far too low.

Turns out my Playstation Network problem is actually a problem with Orange Broadband. I can't access some sites, PSN, or iTunes Store. Really annoying.

Well the thing is. The XMB always has a few megabytes of RAM allocated to it, not to mention the Internet Browser can go to the XMB at any point.

The feature is apparently "coming this year."

I'm looking forward to in game XMB. A much needed feature in my opinion.

Isn't MGS4 the next exclusive game? Maybe it's Haze? I'm not too clued up on PS3. I'm not that interested in MGS, and Final Fantasy. What other exclusive games are out this year?

Haze got delayed again. They said it will arrive between now and april 09. They need to get it out before Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 arrives.

GT5: Prologue, if you can class it as a game. The next month or so for both the PS3 and 360 look near identical.

I know it probably isn't what you had in mind, but you should definitely give Everyday Shooter a look when it finally appears on the EU Store.

In other news my DualShock 3 turned up today. The rumble is as expected, but what surprised me was that the analogues are slightly better. In a side-by-side comparison with my SIXAXIS the sticks are naturally very similar, but the rubber topping on the DS3's are slightly flatter. Coupled with rumble this seems to have made a positive difference to my ability to aim in Resistance.

I'd agree Aimless, its a far better controller than the SIXAXIS.

Its general weightyness is one factor alone to own it.

Hmmm, next big PS3 exclusive? I don't even think they have a release date for one yet :/.

I can't honestly believe a year starting to promising for Sony still doesn't have a solid release date for an exclusive. There's plenty coming, and they all look great, but are they gonna try and ram them all into the last 6 months of the year or something?

Anywho, it's okay for us gamers I guess. Burnout, DMC4, GTAIV, Army of Two (Maybe?) and Lost Platnet should be good.

Lost Planet was a great game on the 360, really enjoyed it. The PS3 version is only £25 on gameplay.com and if you havent got a 360 and just a PS3 I recommend you give it a go.