NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I heard today Koei are re-releasing all their amazing games (See; Disgaea + Disgaea 2) for the PS2.

Cant believe PS3 isnt BC anymore. :( Hope they re-do number 2 for PSP.

If you are getting a PS2, then a modded one if the best way to go. You really do need all those awesome USA RPGs and full 60hz

If you are getting a PS2, then a modded one if the best way to go. You really do need all those awesome USA RPGs and full 60hz

*Notices blue name*

Hmmm. Upgrades.

+1 inter-wang-point for quote namer.

Heh aye. I was once a mod of this board before, then I went for a bit and now I'm back a mod for it again. They love me :D

Should have a Soul Nomad review up soon.

Im actually in a bit of a pickle.

Are they remaking Disgaea 2 for PSP? I really want to play it when Im done with Disgaea, and I cant justify/wont get a PS2.

Nope, won't be coming to PSP anytime soon. If you want the Nippon stuff you have to have a PS2. You are missing a great group of Nippon strategy RPGs.

La Pucelle Tactics, Disgaea 2, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad. Most of the games have cameos and the like too. Laharl is in Disgaea 2, Makai and Phantom Brave. :)

Hint: Do Dom hard enough in the ass and he will produce new Nippon Ichi games.

They are all brilliant strategy RPGs. Although La Pucelle was actually the first in the group, so it's not as great as Disgaea 1/2 are. It's still a good, funny strategy RPG, but you can see where they made the improvements.

Makai Kingdom is brilliant. It has a circle area based movement system rather than grids and also introduced vehicles in to the gameplay. Oh and the main character is so dumb, yet funny. This is also set in the underworld, with you playing as Overlord Zetta.

Phantom Brave also plays a little like the above, but you can summon things from trees and stones to help you in the battle.

Soul Nomad is the newest addition and really isn't like the others in some sense. You do have grids but rather than one unit there, you have a squad that you use to attack in battle, oh and it has the best character ever! Gig is awesome! :D

Links:

La Pucelle Tactics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Pucelle:_Tactics

Phantom Brave http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Brave

Soul Nomad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Nomad

Makai Kingdom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makai_Kingdom

Oh man Laharl, Etna and Flonne are level 1500 in Disgaea 3, oh dear! :D

Hint: Do Dom hard enough in the ass and he will produce new Nippon Ichi games.

I need the power, LEVEL ME UP JORDAN, DO IT! :heh:

Oh man Laharl, Etna and Flonne are level 1500 in Disgaea 3, oh dear! :D

Lol, Mine are around level 18-24. Ive been at Chapter 7 for ages, just promoting everyone and levelling up some items (With CRAZY mad geo combos)

oh ffs, sorry guys

Someone just bought me ps3 on ebay....from Germany and wants shipping to Nigeria! I aint going to send it ofcourse but how shall I report to ebay? *ebat n00b*

Sorry if wrong thread!

oh ffs, sorry guys

Someone just bought me ps3 on ebay....from Germany and wants shipping to Nigeria! I aint going to send it ofcourse but how shall I report to ebay? *ebat n00b*

Sorry if wrong thread!

Its always a scam, report them.

Thats why I hated trying to sell my PSP on Ebay, every single time it was won by someone who wanted me to ship it to Nigeria, and ofcourse sending a fake Paypal e-mail saying they have paid for it.

In the end, I just sold it on here, much easier.

Indeed I can HIGHLY recommend the game, it's one of the best strategy RPGs ever made!

http://darkzero.co.uk/v4/games/review/1021/disgaea-afternoon-of-darkness/psp

My review if you are interested in reading.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I already ordered a few games:

-Goku Makai-Mura Kai (JP)

-Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins (US)

-Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (US)

-Mega Man Powered Up (US)

-Dead Head Fred (US)

Now I only need to actually buy a PSP... :D

Anything I should know (best memory card, any must buy accessory, ...)?

What 2 games would people get for PS3? I am going to get one next month I was thinking Uncharted and Burnout Paradise as my choices, was considering Warhawk as well though...Will only get 2 games and supplement with some PSN games....

I wouldnt mind knowing that either. Im definitely gonna get Uncharted.

Also, how much are HDMI cables?

Just found out that my girlfriend's getting me a PS3 for my birthday! Holy shit! She's so great! :D

She's bought it second hand off ebay (40gb). Says 'immaculate condition' and 'only played once', 'unwanted xmas gift'. Do I have any reason to worry about it being bashed about in the post? I'm a bit of a console snob, I'm worried it'll have some scratches... Nothing beats keeping a console nice and clean.

Also, is the 40gb version shiny? Or is it black/dull like the 20gb? I'm praying it's shiny...

If it arrives and has a problem with it, paypal refund you right? I have very little ebay experience (I bought a pair of shoes once!). There aren't any scams on ebay around buying consoles are there?

Oh and does the PS3 have a kinda master reset thing? I'd hate the thought that it'll have someone else's user name on it or something. I'm a bit of a console snob, personally I'd pay extra money to get it first hand if I bought it myself, but I'm seriously not complaining. Wow what a wonderful gift. She got ripped off a little I reckon, unless it's in PERFECT condition, because she played £250 including P&P.

Gonna get singstar because I'm having a birthday party on my birthday. Karaoke should be fun! I'm well keen on getting Assassin's Creed because it has Damascus on it, which is a place i've visited on a holiday and loved very much. Metal Gear 4 is the single reason I'm getting a ps3 instead of a 360 too, but there're a few months 'till that yet.

Can't wait to start playing some online games with people from this forum!

Nobody has answers for me? :confused:

What 2 games would people get for PS3? I am going to get one next month I was thinking Uncharted and Burnout Paradise as my choices, was considering Warhawk as well though...Will only get 2 games and supplement with some PSN games....

Thats fine. They are great games. I recommend Call of Duty 4 and

Ratchet & Clank if you feel like them. There is alot to dig into on PSN anyway so you will be very busy playing games. Online free etc.

Just found out that my girlfriend's getting me a PS3 for my birthday! Holy shit! She's so great! :D

She's bought it second hand off ebay (40gb). Says 'immaculate condition' and 'only played once', 'unwanted xmas gift'. Do I have any reason to worry about it being bashed about in the post? I'm a bit of a console snob, I'm worried it'll have some scratches... Nothing beats keeping a console nice and clean.

Also, is the 40gb version shiny? Or is it black/dull like the 20gb? I'm praying it's shiny...

If it arrives and has a problem with it, paypal refund you right? I have very little ebay experience (I bought a pair of shoes once!). There aren't any scams on ebay around buying consoles are there?

Oh and does the PS3 have a kinda master reset thing? I'd hate the thought that it'll have someone else's user name on it or something. I'm a bit of a console snob, personally I'd pay extra money to get it first hand if I bought it myself, but I'm seriously not complaining. Wow what a wonderful gift. She got ripped off a little I reckon, unless it's in PERFECT condition, because she played £250 including P&P.

Gonna get singstar because I'm having a birthday party on my birthday. Karaoke should be fun! I'm well keen on getting Assassin's Creed because it has Damascus on it, which is a place i've visited on a holiday and loved very much. Metal Gear 4 is the single reason I'm getting a ps3 instead of a 360 too, but there're a few months 'till that yet.

Can't wait to start playing some online games with people from this forum!

Nobody has answers for me? :confused:

Congrats! :) Awfully generous of your sis!

40GB is shiny to my knowledge. It looks like a 60GB.

Cant say if its not a scam. Be careful!

Yes you can reset it like brand new and create your own profiles and customise to your liking.

Yeah £259 is steep for a used PS3. You can get a brand new one for just abit more and there are some nice value packs at more than £300 but you can always start with PSN.

Singstar is great and popular. You'll enjoy the videos and sharing feature Assasin's Creed has mixed views but its cool looking Damascus is set int he Crusades and probably wont bear much resemblance to its modern counterpart.

See you online. Although i dont play much online with people here we need to create a community once Home arrives.

Add me

You can use your phone's bluetooth headset for chat.

Girlfriend bought me a PS3 for my birthday today too! Wheeeee. Super awesome of her.

Its cool. Ima hit up a Dual Shocko, HDMI cableage and buy Uncharted today.

Thats fine. They are great games. I recommend Call of Duty 4 and Ratchet & Clank if you feel like them. There is alot to dig into on PSN anyway so you will be very busy playing games. Online free etc.

Had thought about Rachet...but totally forgot about COD4!

Dual Shocks aren't out here yet. You'll have to import one.

Aye, I hear that shizzle.

Okay, question ; Why did Sony feel that in 12 years the controller didnt need a re-design?

Because they're idiots who seem to think we like having the left analogue in the wrong place?

Surely not :p

I haven't touched my PS3 in donkeys, too many 360 games at the moment...