NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Hmmm, next big PS3 exclusive? I don't even think they have a release date for one yet :/.

I can't honestly believe a year starting to promising for Sony still doesn't have a solid release date for an exclusive. There's plenty coming, and they all look great, but are they gonna try and ram them all into the last 6 months of the year or something?

Anywho, it's okay for us gamers I guess. Burnout, DMC4, GTAIV, Army of Two (Maybe?) and Lost Platnet should be good.

Good for people who just own a PS3, although I will get Burnout on Xbox due to Live, and there's not a whole lot I want on PS3 right now.

When is Dark Sector out? That looked decent when I saw that. I know thats not an exclusive but I'll probably pick it up on PS3 if I do get it.

Everybody's Golf 5 is probably the next retail game I'll buy. the series has been pretty good and this one looks lovely. It doesn't have a super realistic look to it, that just makes it all that more fun to stare at.

hot-shots-golf-5-20071211044701908.jpg

930083_20070511_screen003.jpg

I'm not sure about GT5 Prologue, knowing me though I'll probably buy it as I've seen it on play for 17.99. I'm just a sucker for games really. :(

Everybody's Golf look pretty nice.

I'm on level 8 of Resistance in the tunnels, I'm taking it slow, and what the hell. So many things come at you how are you meant to survive. Tried it once then turned it off. I'll tackle that another time.

Downloaded the DMC4 Demo off PSN USA. It's awesome, so good. I think this could be the best DMC game so far!

Just played it myself, just the same as the 360 version. Methinks if I do get it then I will probably get the 360 version as its a tenner cheaper.

Just played it myself, just the same as the 360 version. Methinks if I do get it then I will probably get the 360 version as its a tenner cheaper.

I thought that, but for some odd reason i preferred it on the PS3 controller (though that could be because i played that last).

I'm going for the PS3 one for a change.

Just played a load of Ratchet and Clank. Brilliant game. I wish I'd have played the other games. Throwing the disco ball and watching some of the animations is hilarious.

I'm so glad I chose this game when I got it. It looks stunning and the story is brilliant.

The comedy in it is it's highest selling point to me. I've never laughed out loud to a game before. Well not laughing while continuing to tap X to beat up all the robots.

Awesome aint it. Please tell me you laughed at the boxing glove scene when they are in their space ship, I had a laughing fit over that.

I did laugh at that. The disco ball has to be the best thing ever to put in a game though.

ratchet-clank-tools-of-destruction-scan-1.jpg

It's those robots with the fish head looking things in them. They start doing the Hard Gay dance.

Yeah it is brilliant. I love the game, played it yesterday for a few hours and was addicted to it. Will most likely play through a load more this week. How long is the game?

Getting a PS3 in March when I'm in the US. I think it was the Blu-ray player being the best on the market that sold it for me, and the barrage of games just around the corner.

Also, that the games are region-free. Big plus!

Hmmmm 15 hours or so? I finished it in a few days.

Add to that another 10-15 hours if your a collectible whore like me as there are skill points to be had.

Add to that another 10-15 hours if your a collectible whore like me as there are skill points to be had.

Love Ratchet and Clank, i've only ever played the PSP Ratchet so...it was a great surprise to see such platforming magic! It's also HILARIOUS, i love the pirate world.

I wasn't expecting so many different worlds either, and there huge!

I'm gonna play this, this week and finish it off, as i'm right near the end now. :(

Well I've been having trouble with AOL recently (can't connect my 360 or Wii to the internet) so I phoned them up and asked for my MAC code. They guy "bla bla bla sorry to hear you want to leave bla bla bla free PS3 and wireless router for Wii and 360 if you stay".

Now I wasn't planning on buying a PS3 at all and even though I use to be a big Playstation fan since the original the PS3 simply didn't convince me enough to buy but with the offer to upgrade me to their wireless option with a free PS3 and a wireless router I couldn't really say no.

So the catch is basically I stay with them for another 2 years (I joined in 2003) and I pay £15 upfront for the PS3 delivery which is fine.

So, right now, the 360 is still my primary console when it comes to buying games. I bought Wii for Nintendo games simple. So really, I only know of 3 PS3-exclusive games that really do interest me: Metal Gear Solid 4 (YAS :D), Final Fantasy XIII (ages away no doubt) and of course HAZE.

I'm getting Ratchet & Clank free with the PS3 and, well, I will also go out and buy Resistance Fall of Man.

Any other games that I should probably check out for the Ps3?

Oh and another bad thing, I have to wait up to 25days to receive the PS3. Now I know that I am getting one, I'm hyped a bit.

Uncharted looks amazing. It's next on my list but you should check it out.

Uncharted looks amazing. It's next on my list but you should check it out.

Worth it , i had it but if you get abit hooked on the game , i'm thinking a 6-8 hours complete time could happen

for the people who like 2-D fighters and have Japanese PS2/PS3 please go buy Arcana Heart from play-asia as it is only £15 and it is a great game.

Can't get enough of Ratchet and Clank. I was just fighting these big Dinosaurs to get their souls. I threw a Groove ball at them.

:D

Guys, I just got a Samsung HDTV and I connect my PS3 through HDMI and it says no signal :s. The PS3 loads games but it dosen't take me to the main menu thingy :s. Any help?

Its saying Mode not supported? Odd...

Guys, I just got a Samsung HDTV and I connect my PS3 through HDMI and it says no signal :s. The PS3 loads games but it dosen't take me to the main menu thingy :s. Any help?

Its saying Mode not supported? Odd...

Plug in the composite as well as the HDMI cable, then go through Composite connection when you turn your PS3 on. Once your onto the PS3 menu choose HDMI connection. Turn off the console and load through the HDMI and it should then work.

Try keeping the power button held down when you turn the PS3 on. After a few seconds you should hear some deeps and be taken to the display configuration screen. Tick the resolutions your TV supports and away you go. Hopefully.