NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Saw a 60Gb PS3 in GAME today and thought about buying it, then i thought.....nah.....

So guys, if you had to pick between Disgaea on the PSP or Jeanne D'Arc, which is better? I'm getting both at some point but I want to know which one is more fun. Length is not an issue, I just rather be more entertained. :P

Oh, and please don't say FFT: TLW since I already have it, LOL!

Mathew Caris would you like a game on any on ps3 im very bored and would like to "Play" with you

So guys, if you had to pick between Disgaea on the PSP or Jeanne D'Arc, which is better? I'm getting both at some point but I want to know which one is more fun. Length is not an issue, I just rather be more entertained. :P

Oh, and please don't say FFT: TLW since I already have it, LOL!

That's a hard choice, but I'd probably side with Disgaea because the characters are just damn funny. You can't go wrong with Prinnies too!

423px-Soulcradle3.jpg

Started this game last night and it seems to be kicking arse. It's done by the Strategy RPG masters Nippon Ichi. Yet it doesn't just play like most of their other ones. You have to have squads to move around on the battlefield this time. Having certain classes together gives you special abilities to use in battle.

Oh and Gig (The main character who is trying to take over your body) is bloody awesome! Such a amusing character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Cradle

New bundles arrive for Europe

SCEE have announced a new PS3 bundle for the European market (bear with us, for the moment we've only got UK pricing). While a standalone 40GB PS3 will at the moment set you back £299, for £350 (or $685 currently-weak American dollars) you can get a "Pick N Mix" bundle, which contains 40GB PS3 and two games. And no, not two rubbish games, either! You get to choose from a list, which while including stinkers like Genji, Formula 1, Lair, and previous bundle stars MotorStorm and Resistance, also includes SingStar (the expensive one, with included mics), Ratchet & Clank, Folklore, Warhawk and, best of all, Uncharted.

From Kotaku.

Hell Yeah that sounds wicked!

I'll probably go for Ratchet and Uncharted since Warhawk is just online gameplay.

That doesnt really seem that cheap to me. I could get a PS3 with F1 and Uncharted for £350 at the moment which is the 2 games I would want.

That doesnt really seem that cheap to me. I could get a PS3 with F1 and Uncharted for £350 at the moment which is the 2 games I would want.

Yeah! I don't quite understand why everyones jumping on this like its amazing. :confused:

Genji, F1 and Lair aren't 'stinkers' (bad Kotaku) there just 'average' games. I've found all 3 surprisingly quite fun.

Lair isn't anywhere near as bad as reviews say, so if you find that cheap and have spare cash i would recommend it, and when i say cheap...i think it's worth £15 of anyones money.

Still, everyones different. :)

Please link me to a place i can get PS3+Ratchet+Uncharted for £350, grateful i will be.

The reason I thought it was awesome is because I can't buy shit online so I'm stuck with higher store prices.

Instore prices are stupid. Game charge £35 on their website for uncharted, yet instore its £45 :o

The reason I thought it was awesome is because I can't buy shit online so I'm stuck with higher store prices.

Erm, how come? You're 16.

A) Open account

B) Use card to buy stuff online

???

Ah yes, but play.com sell everything cheaper so there pix and mix will be cheaper again.

£350 is just the RRP ;)

Erm, how come? You're 16.

A) Open account

B) Use card to buy stuff online

???

Well I could do that but the other half of my problem is my parents don't know about most of the stuff I buy, they'd go nuts if they knew I was spending this much on video games, I think they'd start getting suspicious if my Dad opened the door one morning to accept the delivery of a PS3.

Since my parents know nothing about video games they don't notice that I'm suddenly playing a newly released game; they all look the same to them.

UK Sales!

Screen Digest, the media research company, estimates that in Britain in 2007, 7,000 Blu-ray players were sold. However, the Blu-ray was incorporated within Sony’s PlayStation 3, which sold about 754,000 consoles. This compared with 15,000 HD DVD players and 40,000 HD DVD drives built to attach to the Xbox console.

Though there were many more Blu-ray players thanks to sales of the PlayStation 3, the discs sold (470,000 Blu-Ray discs, 200,000 HD DVDs) indicated a more even contest. Equally, the great technology war appears something of a minority interest, when compared with the 250 million DVDs that sold.

Here's what I got...

PS3 60gb

2 controlers

Eye of Judgement + Camera

Resistance

Rachet and Clank

Price: £300

So now i'm ready to become a Hard-core gamer (whatever that means).

I'm still setting everything up, and i'm quite new to the PS3 scence.

So what's the 1st thing I should do?