NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I played it loads then stopped because no one else was. I think we were waiting for the patch to come out so the connection problems would be sorted and when it did everyone had moved on.

One thing how come Fat Princess didn't take off? Am I right in thinking it came out whilst I was away? Expected tons of people to be playing it but not once seen it being played by anyone on my friends list. It was meant to be huge, because of this I havn't invested yet.

Does it work? I am not bothering with it till they fix what was obviously a game not ready for release. The beta testing was more like alpha testing.

originalc.jpg

Edited by Choze

So apart from HoT is anyone else joining us in getting a slim tomorrow?

I am, i hope!! looking forward to it, but the 360 price is making the decsion hard!

Wouldn't you have to get a Gold memebership for XBL after a month anyway, so another £30 odd?

---

Does 3.0 go live at midnight?

PS3 is locked but the region system is nothing like DVD.

Bear in mind most blu ray movies are open unlike DVD. Making it a much smaller issue. There are online lists for region restricted movies. Most Japanese and US content will not pose a problem.

Flameboy, I think Fat Princess was just a bit of a letdown after 1 or 2 hours of play. There is a lot of repetition, a lot of square mashing, and generally gets boring after a short while. I get the impression people will rain down on me for saying it but no-one's really played it a whole lot and the fancy visuals just don't save it.

Daft - I'm not sure but it should be around then seeing as all Slims come shipped with it, I think. My PSN isn't working now, it times out... They adding it now? I was just lobbed offline.

Flameboy, I think Fat Princess was just a bit of a letdown after 1 or 2 hours of play. There is a lot of repetition, a lot of square mashing, and generally gets boring after a short while. I get the impression people will rain down on me for saying it but no-one's really played it a whole lot and the fancy visuals just don't save it.

Daft - I'm not sure but it should be around then seeing as all Slims come shipped with it, I think.

Well they messed up all the basic game launch rules. I dont have much sympathy for them.

Daft - I'm not sure but it should be around then seeing as all Slims come shipped with it, I think. My PSN isn't working now, it times out... They adding it now? I was just lobbed offline.

Ah right cheers then about Fat Princess....As for PSN I can't log in either.

They don't come pre-loaded with 3.0. I suspect it'll be sometime during the day tomorrow when the update comes. I'll check later though just in case.

This is annoying me now. PSN constantly timing out, and there's loads of people that complain about it on forums I've found by googling. There's nothing wrong on my part, so I don't have a clue.

What's the thing people here tried when theirs went wrong? Or was that a different issue.

I got that DNS error thing. It just went away though.

Try witch off the media server (It's called something like that) option in network settings. I've heard that causes problems.

It's not a DNS thing. Connection is fine, but when I try to sign in/do a connection test it just fails because the PSN times out, so haven't been able to get online for an hour.

I just did the thing you suggested, no effect...

Yeah but others have had the same error online (same code) and there isn't a simple fix other than waiting for an undeterminable period of time.

How stupid, just managed to connect but no, 20 seconds later bang! Can't get back on.

As of the last 10 minutes it's been pretty stable, touch wood. Dang annoying though, so many things with electronics that go wrong.

Final edit for this post: It keeps changing it's mind, one minute it lets me on, the next it's off. Anyway, a friend decided to share Crash Commando with me today, he bought it cause it's half price at £3.99, so if you're thinking of getting it then do so now. It's downloading pretty quick, just a shame I won't be able to get on it :/

Hopefully the next firmware will sort it out.

Edited by dwarf

My slim has been dispatched and will be delviered today. Bad thing is my sister has gone back to Uni, so nobody will be in the house to collect. Hopefully TNT will leave it with next door instead of taking it to their warehouse.

Mine should arrive today aswell.

I see lots of peeps on neogaf are hating the new 3.0 update, something to do with big, grey boxes around the friendslist names or something. I guess I will find out what they are on about later.

3.0 is live.

Edit: Lame, you can't stream iPlayer in HD. That's what I was hoping for.

Edited by Daft

Does it give the links to iPlayer anywhere? Im sure I remembered hearing that but couldnt see it on my quick look around of 3.0

EDIT: Ignore that, apparently I just completed missed the new TV bit

Edited by Happenstance