NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

My slim is on the way! :yay: Its strange, this is the 3rd PS3 i've had yet im stupidly excited about getting the slim, its like a new console has launched. :D

Just a quick update for people.

Game are doing a deal if you trade in your 80GB PS3 you get a Slim for £125.

Blockbuster are doing a deal which is if you trade your 80GB in you get a Slim plus Batman: Arkham Asylum and a months free rentals for £100.

What do I do with content that is locked to my machine? (SingStar DLC)

My slim is on the way! :yay: Its strange, this is the 3rd PS3 i've had yet im stupidly excited about getting the slim, its like a new console has launched. :D

It's an exciting time to own Sony consoles that why!

Seen a ton of the new adverts this morning, they are sooooo much better than the previous ones and definitly are pitched perfectly at the more mass market they need to start penetrating to get the higher sales.

What do I do with content that is locked to my machine? (SingStar DLC)

Say goodbye to it.

Say goodbye to it.

It'd be more fitting if I sing goodbye to it.

Blockbuster are doing a deal which is if you trade your 80GB in you get a Slim plus Batman: Arkham Asylum and a months free rentals for £100.

You don't happen to know whether they offer more for a 60GB machine, do you? Mine's suddenly started turning itself off due to overheating after a couple of hours of use the past two days, so if cleaning out all the vents doesn't help it would be useful to know my trade in options.

I think I just rejected testing FFXIII.

I wish I had the time.

You don't happen to know whether they offer more for a 60GB machine, do you? Mine's suddenly started turning itself off due to overheating after a couple of hours of use the past two days, so if cleaning out all the vents doesn't help it would be useful to know my trade in options.

No idea mate, I'm going up later to pre order my slim I'll ask when I'm there.

No idea mate, I'm going up later to pre order my slim I'll ask when I'm there.

Ta, although as my PS3 is now refusing to stay on for more than a minute I guess I won't be going down that route anyway. Suppose I'll just have to give Sony a ring tomorrow, see if they'll replace it for free; apparently they're more lenient towards 60GB models, presumably because they're more prone to faults.

Well I may be able to save you time on that front. I just called Sony about my faulty 40GB. I gave them all of my details, along with the ps3 specifics like serial number etc.

They said that the 40GB model had been discontinued (I'm guessing the 60GB is too)for over a year so they needed a receipt for it proving that it was bought within a years time, which I didn't have. I said I didn't have one and they offered to fix it for £100, which I can't do atm. So me and my dad are looking to repair the thing ourselves by buying a special screw-driver and a blu-ray lense, which is possible to import for £40 total. Dad's an engineer so he shouldn't have an issue with a few screws.

However there's also the issue of not being able to get my PS3 online in the house, I'm pretty sure that isn't a hardware fault, so I'll try resetting the wireless router. If I do in the end go for the £100 fix it'll have to wait til mid-october time. Meh.

Well I may be able to save you time on that front. I just called Sony about my faulty 40GB. I gave them all of my details, along with the ps3 specifics like serial number etc.

They said that the 40GB model had been discontinued (I'm guessing the 60GB is too)for over a year so they needed a receipt for it proving that it was bought within a years time, which I didn't have. I said I didn't have one and they offered to fix it for £100, which I can't do atm. So me and my dad are looking to repair the thing ourselves by buying a special screw-driver and a blu-ray lense, which is possible to import for £40 total. Dad's an engineer so he shouldn't have an issue with a few screws.

However there's also the issue of not being able to get my PS3 online in the house, I'm pretty sure that isn't a hardware fault, so I'll try resetting the wireless router. If I do in the end go for the £100 fix it'll have to wait til mid-october time. Meh.

Well thats annoying to hear that 40gb have been discontinued.

Anyone else get a e-mail for a code for a killzone t-shirt for home?

It uses the word 'exclusive', i'm just wondering how excluive it actually is!!

Anyone else get a e-mail for a code for a killzone t-shirt for home?

It uses the word 'exclusive', i'm just wondering how excluive it actually is!!

Yup, got one too. It's not THAT exclusive as it's a sorta peace offering for the people who bought the DLC for killzone, before they released the DLC that has all current released stuff at a discount. So if you were an early adopter/downloader, you get this basically.

Yup, got one too. It's not THAT exclusive as it's a sorta peace offering for the people who bought the DLC for killzone, before they released the DLC that has all current released stuff at a discount. So if you were an early adopter/downloader, you get this basically.

Wow thats such a good deal, im so happy now that i spent loads of money on the DLC rather than waiting to save aload and get a virtual t-shift!!<End Sarcasm>

Yeah i did suspect as such, thanks for letting me know!

Nah deals always happen for people who are late. The game is going platinum as well.

Well my experience with DLC is that it never really changes price once its realised (unless its a very long time in the future) but Killzone 2 and Gears of War 2 have now both proved me wrong.

Nah deals always happen for people who are late. The game is going platinum as well.

Loads of people were complaining. I myself was apathetic, but I didnt buy the last bit of DLC so maybe I did care a little. Either way, I know I care less about the t-shirt.

EDIT: Oh, im off to norway for the weekend so probably won't be around. If I am super bored, may make an appearance via my blackberry. Buy anyways, play nice while im gone. Toodaloo!

Edited by Deathjam

Call of Juarez is awful. It loads every other minute.

Really? disappointing was always thinking of it when it goes cheaper.

Really? disappointing was always thinking of it when it goes cheaper.

It basically loads every minute for about 5-6 seconds. Annoying as hell. I've played the first chapter and I'm already thinking about sending it back to LoveFilm.

It might get better. I kind of doubt it.

Heed my warnings Daft! I did say that it was awful, I remember explaining the demo to people but others seemed to disagree. We'll see if I'm right about WET as well.

Must have missed your post. I read the ZP review (I really didn't think the loading was going to be as bad as he said) and just shoved it on my LoveFilm list and forgot about it. I've had it for a couple days, didn't want to play Batman before the footie so I thought I'd give it a go.

No loss. I'll give it another go otherwise it's in the post.

I quite enjoyed Call of Juerez, the loading didn't really bother me. No more than Killzone 2 did anyway. I guess I am just easy to please.

I found the Multiplayer most enjoyable though, especially re-living the classic shootouts like 'Showdown at the OK Coral'.

I really don't know how the loading could not annoy you. It literally happens every couple minutes. In KillZone 2 it was like a stutter but in this its a good 5/6 seconds.

I think it's because Mat tolerates any FPS. I'm in the middle camp where I don't mind there being a lot of FPS but I really dislike the one's that have a rubbishy feel to them, ala Huarez. Shooting people in the demo just felt so poor.