NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Yeah you can! I did it, even remembers where u are played up to on your DVDs

YAAAAY!!! :) I'm going to buy a 250GB HDD in the next couple of weeks, stick it in a carrige and back up then swap the HDDs round and nab myself a 40GB external for all my pron and TV shows :P

Nevermind, it's working now.

My PSN is Gizmo541. I'll add a few of the regular posters in here as far as I can remember, but anybody who wants to add me, just go ahead.

The BBC iPlayer's actually really convenient. I had no way of getting it on the TV before.

Hopefully if a lot of Playstation owners use the option they'll expand it to include HD and use a real client (Seriously, that's damn lazy).

Edit: Also, there's a free interactive Afrika theme on the Japanese PSN. It's quite cool.

Edited by Daft

The BBC iPlayer's actually really convenient. I had no way of getting it on the TV before.

Hopefully if a lot of Playstation owners use the option they'll expand it to include HD and use a real client (Seriously, that's damn lazy).

Edit: Also, there's a free interactive Afrika theme on the Japanese PSN. It's quite cool.

OOOH! Cheers!

I'm selling my old PSP fat to a mate, and with the money i'm upgrading to a slim one, was just wondering, since i wont bother hacking the system, am i beter off getting a PSP 2000 or a PSP 3000? Muchos gracias :)

Not a bad theme but with a lot of the other ones the bright background makes viewing the xmb hard...gotta love them zebras tho...

OOOH! Cheers!

The theme is a bit annoying. It's nice but all the icons are white...just like the clouds in the background.

Sometimes, I swear Sony actively try to be stupid.

The theme is a bit annoying. It's nice but all the icons are white...just like the clouds in the background.

Sometimes, I swear Sony actively try to be stupid.

yeah look what I just said above...it is stupid...

Can't you just change the brightness of the background?

GameStation accepted a trade in on my busted 60GB — they were too lazy to check if it worked, so I don't feel too bad about it — so I now have a size zero PS3 and a 'free' copy of Fight Night Round 4. Foolishly I updated to 3.0 before remembering to whack in my 320GB HDD, though, so now I have to twiddle my thumbs until Sony get around to updating the direct download of the firmware on their website so I can whack it on a USB stick.

YAAAAY!!! :) I'm going to buy a 250GB HDD in the next couple of weeks, stick it in a carrige and back up then swap the HDDs round and nab myself a 40GB external for all my pron and TV shows :P

Good plan but it won't work. Here is what to do - beg borrow or steal an external hard drive. Back up your PS3 on that. Put your 250GB in your PS3 (the PS3 will format it as it does with all new drives) then use external drive to put your PS3 back up onto your 250GB HDD.

Also buy a hard drive enclosure for your 40GB drive I bought this one and it works a treat

Hope that clears things up.

Nevermind, it's working now.

My PSN is Gizmo541. I'll add a few of the regular posters in here as far as I can remember, but anybody who wants to add me, just go ahead.

Add me - you know you want to!

Can't you just change the brightness of the background?

GameStation accepted a trade in on my busted 60GB — they were too lazy to check if it worked, so I don't feel too bad about it — so I now have a size zero PS3 and a 'free' copy of Fight Night Round 4. Foolishly I updated to 3.0 before remembering to whack in my 320GB HDD, though, so now I have to twiddle my thumbs until Sony get around to updating the direct download of the firmware on their website so I can whack it on a USB stick.

Why can't you change the HDD after the firmware update?

Why can't you change the HDD after the firmware update?

Because the PS3 tells me so.

I'm not entirely sure of the specific reason, to be honest. It could be because the 320GB drive hasn't been formatted since it was in the old machine, or I have a vague recollection of older machines storing the entirety of the firmware in some dedicated on-board flash memory whilst newer units store part of it on the HDD. In either case, I can't use my larger hard drive until I can whack the 3.0 firmware on the USB stick and Sony don't seem to have updated the direct download yet.

I could put the original 120GB drive back in and play something using that, but then I'd have to copy saves and such later which would probably just complicate things further.

Just picked up a slim in Tesco for £229 :) Won't open until I've done some work and got some games. What 1 or 2 games should I consider while waiting for PES2010?

Just picked up a slim in Tesco for £229 :) Won't open until I've done some work and got some games. What 1 or 2 games should I consider while waiting for PES2010?

Well for starters get FIFA10 not PES...

Let me just get it out of the way. Uncharted.

Yeah what he said! I'd say my top 5 games (not in order) on PS3 are: Killzone 2, LBP, MGS4, Uncharted, Fallout 3 (ok not all exclusive)

Let me just get it out of the way. Uncharted.

Thats if you can get the thing to work after the update!

I managed to get to the 4th chapter earlier but then it started to freeze again :mad:

Good plan but it won't work. Here is what to do - beg borrow or steal an external hard drive. Back up your PS3 on that. Put your 250GB in your PS3 (the PS3 will format it as it does with all new drives) then use external drive to put your PS3 back up onto your 250GB HDD.

Also buy a hard drive enclosure for your 40GB drive I bought this one and it works a treat

Hope that clears things up.

Thank you :)

Now to procure an external HDD. hmmmmm. Only one in my house is my Time Capsule :(

You could always use an iPod or similar, assuming you have a device with an adequate amount of storage space.

I've used the iPlayer on the PS3 before now, fairly often too, and the quality has remained the same I think. Looks better in full screen, I think you get a better resolution somehow.

Don't know why they made the friends thing grey, looks pretty shit. They should let you change the colour at least. I'm gonna check for new avatars.

Edit: oh, just read Daft's info, no new avs. Fo Shame.

Edited by dwarf

You could always use an iPod or similar, assuming you have a device with an adequate amount of storage space.

Thanks :) I sold my 80GB a while ago because I didn't need it after buying an iPhone. A guy i'm seeing has agreed to lend me his external, so now all i need to do is buy a decent HDD for the PS3 :)

When you make a back up of your PS3, what kind of file does it make? Is all the information just stored in a folder, or is it all hidden in a package? I ask because he might want me to keep his data on the external HDD.