NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I'll be on later. Abit busy this week.

Because the PS3 tells me so.

Just change it. Its a physical thing not a software one. Do a backup. The backup will be like you never changed anything. Even your videos will be in the same resume positions etc.

sonypress10dsc0026.jpg

Channel 5 are providing their On-Demand service for a new line of internet Bravia's, could they also be lined up for the PS3 next to the iPlayer?

Nice. Guess that's the Gadget Show sorted. 'Flashforward' also looks like it could be good.

4oD please.

Atm I'm thinking it's a bit pointless to add a TV section on the XMB, with there only being one channel and all. It's not even different to the version I used when using it on the browser before hand. I'll stop moaning.

It's stupid that it is basically the browser but for convenience's sake, it's a good idea.

They need a proper client that allows downloading. I really don't see how that could be hard.

Btw, with getting Crash Commando for free, it's quite a good game. Tis only £3.99 as I said and the online can be pretty fun (when it connects). Usually no lag but the dumb thing is that you can end up with a ton of bots which just isn't engaging.

Atm I'm thinking it's a bit pointless to add a TV section on the XMB, with there only being one channel and all. It's not even different to the version I used when using it on the browser before hand. I'll stop moaning.

It appeared when you had PlayTV installed. Hasn't just come up as a shortcut for iPlayer, incase you didn't know.

Yeah obviously they'll add more stuff. Don't think I'll bother with PlayTV.

Yeah obviously they'll add more stuff. Don't think I'll bother with PlayTV.

Considering it if PS3 gets the On-Demand features on par with Virgin, 4oD and all that. Fuck Virgin!

Ps. Fuck Virgin.

Is the Playstation Eye worth getting?

Without EyePet, I'd say no. But for video conferencing (if that's your bag, baby), yep.

Thing is its better than the previous browser solution as you had to dick around zooming to get the screen to fit properly whereas this one just lets you click and go its a small one but makes me more inclined to use it...

Five on Demand is a nice addition but 4oD is the big one for me...

BBC iPlayer doesn't seem to want to play videos for me today.

And I managed to crash the OS.

Nice update Sony.

Reports starting to go round about 3.0 breaking uncharted;

http://www.destructoid.com/firmware-3-0-screwing-up-uncharted-for-some-users-147218.phtml

It wouldn't be a system update without problems now, would it? Firmware 3.0 is out for PlayStation 3 and some users are reporting issues, most notably a glitch that is causing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to freeze at a certain point in the game.

The freezing bug doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, but a number of people have been complaining on the official PlayStation forums. Things start messing up after the U-boat section when Drake learns to shoot while hanging. Once affected players reach that area, the whole game locks up and they need to restart the PS3 in order to do anything.

A few people are also saying that Wipeout HD will no longer output in dolby digital 5.0 ever since they installed the new Firmware. Apparently this is the only game affected.

Like I said, it wouldn't be a system update without this kind of nonsense, but hopefully Sony looks into these issues soon. You might want to check and make sure your own PS3 isn't affected.

Wonder if any other games are affected. Shame for new owners this has happened...I bet a lot of people have picked it up as its one of the THE games to own and they can't play it. Sort it out Sony, don't leave it for Naughty Dog to sort out..(if thats even possible)

Starting to? HoT already came across this the other day. :heh:

I actually wanted to play Uncharted tonight. Probably because this news reminded me.

I'm hoping there'll be a 3.1 revision soon. They have a bone to pick with Uncharted, so they can also take off those fucking grey boxes and shrink the text and icons back to how they were..!

I actually wanted to play Uncharted tonight. Probably because this news reminded me.

I meant as in sites actually reporting it rather than on forums etc...

I actually don't mind the boxes. I want to be able to select the fricking colour though.

I actually don't mind the boxes. I want to be able to select the fricking colour though.

yeah...why can't the boxes look like the portable ID's would look so much better;

?imageUrlToken=qWhdPfezHa&locationType=file

I mean have the new dynamic avatars they are going to add etc... take away some of the stuff like favourite game and mood and replace with stuff like what your playing etc...

At the moment its like they've kinda not done enough and made them look stupid...I'd prefer something closer to the portable ID's. Even if the colour was kind of like when your writing a message that would be less intrustive and stupid looking...

I'm hoping there'll be a 3.1 revision soon. They have a bone to pick with Uncharted, so they can also take off those fucking grey boxes and shrink the text and icons back to how they were..!

I partially get the impression they rushed it out for the Slim. PS3 Slim load times are even faster with 3.0 including movies. Sony are quick with updates though i expect a 3.01 soon.

Have not tried it yet. Not got much time.

Channel 5 are providing their On-Demand service for a new line of internet Bravia's, could they also be lined up for the PS3 next to the iPlayer?

Could be though 4oD was mentioned by Sony for PS3. High end Bravia do have XMB. Expect more in this space though.

BBC iPlayer doesn't seem to want to play videos for me today.

And I managed to crash the OS.

Nice update Sony.

Same here GRRRR

I managed to get it working again today. I got to level 7 before it crashed again. I've found that once it crashes if I play another game for a bit and then come back to Uncharted it starts working. I did this later after playing LBP and it work fine, managed to get to level 13 before knocking it off.