NEurope
Rummy

Something terrible has happened...

Seriously, what is wrong with the world today? Things are getting worse ever minute, it's been happening for a while now, this beautiful world of ours slowly falling into decline, but today, today I witnessed something truly terrible, and utterly unbelievable.

I was on my way to uni, skipped breakfast, so I popped into my local newsagents to get a crispy snack to replace it, went for my standard package, but as I approached the shelf I saw something incredibly horrible :shakehead

image131ak1.jpg

:shakehead

image132un7.jpg

:shakehead :shakehead

image133zo2.jpg

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead! SPACE RAIDERS HAVE GONE UP TO 15P! Many a time have I curbed my hunger pangs with this essential schoolboy snack, handy for killing off that loose change in your pocket, but today is a very sad day for me. Feel free to use this thread to recall your fond memories of this tasty economical snack, while we all mourn our terrible terrible loss.

EDIT: Damn phone camera, i thought the pictures were smaller than that! Excuse this thread if it's a bit irrelevant, but I am half serious, I really am quite shocked by this.

Meh. I don't really care how much disgusting crisps that are so bad that the makers should pay us to eat them are.

those crisps got me through JUNIOR SCHOOL!

... I guess it was all a matter of time... but seriously, that's a 50% inflation!

This is a fucking outrage.

I remember Curly Wurly's used to be cheaper, as well. And, Mars Bars! I remember chocolate used to be at least 15p cheaper not more than 7 years ago.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Same price as those accursed cheetos used to be. Its all because of that stupid inflation, profit margins and the number 23

They seriously got Freddos too? This is unbelieveable, next we'll have 10p penny sweets! I remember Curly Wurlys, though I wasn't the biggest of fans of them. I say bring back nerds and dweebs!

This is bullshit. I might buy the 10p ones I can find for selling in a few years. Surely it's going to worth its weight in gold, which granted isn't that much, but I'll add a few kg weights to sweeten the deal.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Seriously, these are the first warning signs that our economy is on the verge of utter collapse. As well as this new shocking revelation I discovered a couple of years back that penny sweets now cost..........two bloody pence! We need action now. If we ignore this now it's only a matter of time before we're living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland trading shoes with human bone.

Yeah it's retarded, like chomps, freddos, etc. Used to be an easy way to get rid of a loose 10p.

Man all we need now is for Happy Meals to be unwedged from their ?1.99 pricepoint and the world is over.

________

Syanna

Edited by fex

Ill give you 5p if it'll make you shut up! LOL! ;)

Im kidding, I dont like the things, but I agree 100%. Times are a'changing, and its bull shit.

They seriously got Freddos too? This is unbelieveable, next we'll have 10p penny sweets! I remember Curly Wurlys, though I wasn't the biggest of fans of them. I say bring back nerds and dweebs!

Nerds and Dweebs were amazing.

The end.

image133zo2.jpg

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead! SPACE RAIDERS HAVE GONE UP TO 15P!

I remember them used to be 5p

This is an outrage, how could they?!

Right, who wants to start riots in the street? Fight the infidels, fight the power!!

I thought they were 20p now anyway, bought a bag a few weeks ago and was shocked to see they'd doubled in price.

I thought they were 20p now anyway, bought a bag a few weeks ago and was shocked to see they'd doubled in price.

There's a 20p bigger bag, when I told my mate he refused to believe it wasn't a bigger bag I'd bought. I wonder if they've put that up as well actually...

Dante, when were they even 5p? They've been 10p since as long as I can remember!

What's all this nonsense about penny sweets being 2p too? My local newsagent guy still sells most of his stuff for a penny, though they do seem a bit smaller...