NEurope
Zell

How's your driving?

Simply put, how good do you think you are at driving? Are you a divvering old granny or are you a boy racer? Have you ever been in an accident that was your fault? Have you ever got any points on your licence?

Discuss your (in)ability to drive.

When I drive around particular places, I have particular lanes that I try to get into, cause in some odd fantasy that's playing out in my head, they're the health recovery tiles from F-Zero, and I get really pissy if there's someone blocking my way haha... Honestly, driving is so damn boring, I need anything to add a little excitement.

Once I drove round in circles in a carpark, and my mum told me what to do :(

I drive safe too, I got my license 6 months ago an I barely get the chance to drive, so it'd be irresponsible to go speeding around. My dad finally let me drive my sister's car alone in my birthday and I was pleasently surprised, I can actually drive somewhat well. Need more experience with parking though.

And Oxygen Waste lets me drive his awesome cars sometimes. :)

I'm having my last lesson before I go take my test this Thursday hopefully.

I drive alright, keeping at the speed limit. Occasionally going over if I forget where I am. I'd say I'm alright at manouveres, just too fast for them though. They can't keep up.

I think I'm pretty good. I learnt to drive in Cyprus so it was MENTAL all the time!Donkeys on the road, dodgy cars with no MOT's and NO lines on most of the roads. Delightful.

Other than that it was only £13 a lesson and the theory conssited of one man asking me 3 questions. AWESOME! They are in the EU so I saved a fortune.

Anyhoo, my mates give me hell for it sayin I'm shite and don't know any theory. But my driving is very good (if a little gung ho) as I'm used to retard foreigners driving wherever they want.

Learn abroad ppl...Get a 2wk holiday in the EU and go intensive :p

It will either make you a nutter or appreciate cats eyes. I've yet to crash too ...In this country :o

Well, I got into an accident that was my fault a few months ago. I was driving to an exam in the pouring rain when I saw someone beaking to turn right. I slammed my anchors on, but the road was too slippery and therefore rear-ended them.

Other than that, I'm a fucking fantastic driver.

.. so the only bad drivers around are... everyone but [insert name of person posting who is fantastic]

:P I don't drive. If I did, there would be blood.

I go through red lights, and deliberately splash water on old people, small children, and people who I think are maybe gay with my wheels in the rain. It makes me feel big and tough. No speeding fines or anything yet. Breaking the law kicks ass.

I passed my test a long while ago, but haven't really had a chance to drive since. A week or two ago I got a car for my upcoming 21st and had to testdrive it with my girlfriend and my Dad along for the ride. Since I hadn't even sat in the driver's seat of a car for over a year, excluding getting my Mum's convertable out the garage, it was quite nerve wracking, especially to be in a car I'd never touched before! That said, at least the salesman didn't come with me. I was revving a bit hard and I felt like a total newbie :heh:

But I'm a decent driver, despite the tight roads and timegap from my last outing I still remembered everything, steered well etc. It took me a few attempts to pass my test (some really stupid mistakes - lets just say I failed my first with 8 minors and no serious, just 4 of the minors were for the same thing :nono:) but I'm a confident and safe driver. Looking forward to hitting the roads again very soon ^_^

I like to think I'm a safe and careful driver, but I can get quite hessitante sometimes at big roundabouts and when trying to join the dual carriage-way.

I never speed and always keep to the speedlimit. When doing 30mph through villages etc, I always seem to be the one leading the long queue of car's tho :heh: Maybe my speedo's a bit off, or everyone else just loves to speed!

I think I'll be 30 or something before I will finally be able to drive...

I also have the feeling that my driving will be kinda sucky; I'll be a slow driver who won't be able to take decisions. Hooray.

No one that drives on the left side of the road can be a good driver, so most of you are wrong. :)

Hmmm, its generally okay, but sometimes bad. On Saturday, I nearly went into someone (Well it wasnt that close) we were going quite fast, coming up to a motorway, I look at the upcoming roundabout, every single direction is clear for miles, then when I look back in front of me, the damn learner in front is stationary. So harsh brakeage had to occur.

The only other bad thing was at 1:00am or something, coming down a road (that I didnt know) and I just totally misjudged the corner coming up and was going waaaay too fast. So turn...and the thing skidded side to side etc. Could of been really bad I feel. (Was with 2 other people) but we just laughed it off.

Me ; "Hmmm...Whats realistically the worst that could of happened back then?"

Daniel-San ; "You could of flipped the car and killed us all"

I drive safe, most people think I'm too cautious but fuck them.

Well it's best to be cautious in any of the Med countires, so I'd assume Portugal is similar.

I don't drive yet (starting lessons soon), but I really don't get why so many people in Britain are allowed to drive; getting a few points instead of an outright retest with many offences is actually quite disgusting, seeing as though they could kill someone.

Also, why is undertaking still an offence, and sitting in the middle lane isn't?!

Ive been driving for 5 years now and got no points :) think im a lot better driver then i used to be thou as used to speed alot but now ive calmed down over the last few years.

I passed my test a 362 days ago exactly!

I like to think (along with the rest of the world I suppose) that I'm pretty good driver. I've never had any accidents or even any close-calls that were my fault. I did make the stupid mistake of trusting someone else's indicators once though, he was indicating left but went straight on. Fortunately I noticed in time so I could stop before he ploughed into me.

I love driving, turning the music up loud (and totally not singing along when there isn't anyone else in the car). I try not to go over the speed limit at all but its really hard around my part as the loads are long and empty and it so easy to drift up to 70. I always stick to 30 in 30 zones though.

Anyone else hate it when people go over 30 in a 30 zone which makes it look like you're driving really slowly? :heh:

Theres a road that annoys me so much near where I live.

So the speed limits 60...guy in front drives 50....then it changes to 40, and yet they still stay at 50?

What the hells their problem. They clearly dont listen to speed limits at all. Ugh.

Hows my driving? Call 1-800-kiss-my-ass.

I like to think I'm a safe and careful driver, but I can get quite hessitante sometimes at big roundabouts and when trying to join the dual carriage-way.

I never speed and always keep to the speedlimit. When doing 30mph through villages etc, I always seem to be the one leading the long queue of car's tho :heh: Maybe my speedo's a bit off, or everyone else just loves to speed!

..same goes for / nando / :heh:

Roundabouts can be frustrating when people don't indicate! Also, joining the Dual Carriageway at night in the rain.. I HATE IT!

I think I am a pretty good driver though, if a little cautious at times. Speeding drivers make me angry, and I hate being in the car if someone is going fast :hmm:

I've been driving since September 2003, never had an accident so I guess that makes me a pretty good driver. When i'm in the car on my own I can drive like a bit of a nobhead, was quite happily bombing along the M11 at 107mph the other weekend before I noticed.

Driving to and from work each day makes me realise im a better driver then 95% of the people on the road and it actualy shocks me that a good 80% have passed the test. People who do 40mph whatever the speed limit should be executed by the way.

I People who do 40mph whatever the speed limit should be executed by the way.

40mph is the most infuriating speed ever. In a 30 limit it's just plain stupid and in a 60 limit it's just so slow.

I'm an alright driver, only trouble is that i havn't got a car at the moment and i use my Dad's car from time to time. I do really need to practice reversing into my driveway, nearly hit the wall the other day

40mph is the most infuriating speed ever. In a 30 limit it's just plain stupid and in a 60 limit it's just so slow.

40 in a 30 is laffin as long as it aint in a built up area.

Id say im pretty good at drivin lol.