NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

I'm downloading the trial. I originally just dismissed it as I assumed it would be 1200 points, but 800 points sounds like a good price.

Personally I think it'll be well worth the 800 points. :)

This game is actually pretty massive... I mean theres a tonne of things to do. Just downloaded the trial now, because of lack of points. But, it shall be bought!

AMAZING... that's the word to describe OutRun. Downloaded it this morning, completed all the courses and had one game online. Any Sega fanboys or people who love arcade thrills should download it straight away.

It truly is a quality title and this is now basically the definitive version of it as from what I can tell, it contains all the content from Outrun 2 / '06 plus the graphics have been touched up rather nicely, not to mention the online aspect which I didn't get to play the first time around. :)

Even though it is brilliant I wouldn't say its the definitive version as this port only contains the 'OutRun 2 SP' tracks and doesn't have the original 15 tracks from 'OutRun 2' which the 2006 console versions did.

I hope the original 15 tracks are offered as DLC at some point though!

Was about to go "Ah man, that's ages away". But I forgot that this is the 16th :heh:

Down right awesome, just need to beat the original (again) and i'll be all set to go.

Virtual-ON and Puzzle Bubble Neo! amongst many things was just confirmed for XBLA, which is nice because I loved the ones I had on the Saturn.

Just in case this has gone unnoticed the following two arcade games are now available on XBLA...

Banjo Tooie 1200 points

Virtual ON 1200 points

I'm downloading Banjo-Tooie now but I may get Virtual On soon as well because I've never played a game in the series but I've always been tempted by it. :)

*edit*

hell yeah! its finished downloading, I don't care that it isn't as good as the original, I'm still going to enjoy it for what it is, a decent platform title with a few issues. :P

Edited by S.C.G

Even though it is brilliant I wouldn't say its the definitive version as this port only contains the 'OutRun 2 SP' tracks and doesn't have the original 15 tracks from 'OutRun 2' which the 2006 console versions did.

I hope the original 15 tracks are offered as DLC at some point though!

Doesn't have all the arcade SP tracks either :/

I'm loving Outrun at the minute. Although the multiplayer does have a few flaws. Firstly it's hard to really make a mistake, which means races tend to me more of a convoy than an actual race, although I do like the "should I or shouldn't I drift?" tactics. Plus the community seems quite mature, I haven't been rammed yet.

Secondly, I always seem to end up joining a race in progress. It kind of defeats the point of a "just a quick go" arcade racer if you have to wait for a few minutes for a race to begin.

Other than that, I absolutely love it. One of my favourite racers, I always play it in the arcade if I see it. I think I have the top score in the one in Northampton.

I liked the demo of Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram, but 1200 points is a bit steep. Shame since I love the original. Might dig it out soon.

Sega onslaught incoming! Finally Sonic & Knuckles with LOCK-ON!!!!

SEGA Vintage Collection 2 (Available Summer 2009 on XBLA & PSN)

This Summer, you will be able to individually download 7 classics from SEGA's archive!

New Features Include:

Re-worked for High-Definition

Online Leaderboards

Network Play (Excludes Phantasy Star II, Shinobi, Comix Zone)

Gunstar Heroes (XBLA & PSN) – The classic side scrolling shooter from the SEGA Genesis returns to captivate fans new and old with its non-stop action and cooperative play.

Altered Beast (XBLA) – "Rise from your Grave" as the original Genesis launch game is reborn and comes to a new generation of gamers. Battle hordes of undead warriors and monsters as you return to battle in order to save Zeus' daughter Athena.

Shinobi (arcade) (XBLA) – Battle your way through the "Ring of Five" as you save hostages with your ninja abilities.

Comix Zone (XBLA) – The game features an innovative art style that transports players directly into the panels of a comic as they fight their way to save a world from destruction as Sketch Turner. Everything from the speech bubble text, level design, and the revolutionary graphics scream COMIX!

Phantasy Star 2 (XBLA) – SEGA's classic RPG which expanded on the success of the first with its epic storyline and battle system.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (XBLA) – The game that introduced Knuckles the Echidna comes to a new generation of gamers as Sonic explores Angel Island and discovers the true power of the Master Emerald. Speed through each level at lightning speeds as either Sonic or Tails as you foil Dr. Eggman’s in his new Death Egg station.

And Coming late Summer 2009!

Sonic and Knuckles (XBLA) – Picking up where Sonic the Hedgehog 3 left off, players can now play as Knuckles for the first time. In addition, if players already have Sonic the Hedgehog 3 or Sonic 2 in their library, they will be able to access the lock-on bonus content for each game for the very first time since the days of the SEGA GENESIS! This allows for gamers to play Sonic 2 & 3 as Knuckles!

Whats the Lock On Bonus Content? If its just playing through them as Knuckles, then the pre-release is wrong as you can do that on Sonic Mega Collection

Whats the Lock On Bonus Content? If its just playing through them as Knuckles, then the pre-release is wrong as you can do that on Sonic Mega Collection

Yeah, i suspect they are expecting people to forget about that since they 'missed' it out of the ultimate collection...

Hahaha wow, looks like predictions were correct then, and yet I know I'll buy it anyway :D

Haha, I fucking said it would happen as well :D awesome news but... I guess this means no mega achievements for Sonic 3 & Knuckles :/ just achievements for the seperate games but still, the fact that it's getting released is awesome enough. :)

*twitches* goddamnit, scrounging bastards.

MMMhmmm... I dug this out recently and completed it on the PC using a controller, so it was essentially the same experience. They'll probably be 800 points each which is a rip for S3&K. Now if they were bothering with updated graphics or something like that, it would be another story. Why can't they take a leaf out of Capcom's book?

I have to agree with you there Shorty, as nice as it is to play these classic Sega games again with achievements and online shizzle, it would be so much more of a big deal if they gave the titles a visual overhaul...

Liek this...

2084665595_bc8ea2d834_o.jpg

I know it wouldn't affect the gameplay but it'd just make playing the games again feel more superficially awesome. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Maaaan I've seen that picture so many times now I'm starting to accept it as the norm :heh: It'd be nice but it's not gonna happen.

Sega games are here on Wednesday.

Apparently we're in for a real treat this Wednesday.

SEGA will be treating us with Altered Beast, (WISE FROM WOUR GRAVE) Comix Zone, Phantasy Star 2, Shinobi Arcade and Sonic 3.

Although some of them are available on the Mega Drive Collection. It's good news for people after those titles who don't own the collection.

Oh, and of course also being added, Gunstar Heroes(!).