NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

And to be fair, you get this "Sega Classics" menu instead of the game menu e.g. You can't select a level to play in Sonic 3, you must play from the beginning or from where you left off.

Yeah I wont rebuy I will resist!

Ok, but i'm hoping they allow level select again. And not keep it with this "Classic" Sega menu preventing level select.

Yeah the Sega classics menu is Bollocks! it's only to prevent you from 'cheating' with the level select codes because in theory you could - shock horror! - obtain the allready piss-easy achievements with even less effort... :blank:

It's truely laughable. :heh:

I was hoping the South Park game was gonna be the N64 FPS one, guess not :(

Microsoft proudly announced a South Park-themed game was coming exclusively to Xbox Live Arcade at E3 2008, but no details on the game have been released since. The project isn't dead, though; in fact, it's being revealed at Comic-Con and Microsoft's let the cat out of the bag a little early while outlining their lineup. The game's called South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!

No, we're not joking.

South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play! will launch on Xbox Live Arcade on October 7, coinciding with the debut of new South Park episodes on Comedy Central. Few other details are available, but simply knowing the genre provides some pretty distinct possibilities for the game.

Thats really the best they can do with the South Park IP?

Sounds to me like after MS announced the game at E3 they realised it was terrible, it got canned, they restarted trying something else and settled on Tower Defense.

Edit: Or even more likely, it got canned and they shoehorned South Park onto something else the same devs were making so that they didn't make a false promise in their E3 brief / avoid wasting the license.

On the upside Splosion Man is out tomorrow for 800MS, and by all accounts it's excellent. It's also the first game to feature unlockable Avatar Awards, although I believe that functionality will come in a title update, presumably around August 11th when the new Dashboard hits.

Yeah the Sega classics menu is Bollocks! it's only to prevent you from 'cheating' with the level select codes because in theory you could - shock horror! - obtain the allready piss-easy achievements with even less effort... :blank:

It's truely laughable. :heh:

It's a shite way of playing some of these games. Ok, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 titles work with this "classic" Sega gaming menu, but Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles fails with this.

Sonic 3 achievements are so easy that you can do them all in one sitting, thats if you know where the Secret Rings are.

been checkin out the Splosion Man trial, I'm sold. :P As soon as it gets a deal of the week or sumthin, I'm gonna get it. :D See, this is why XBLA is better than PSN, if I hadn't played the trial, I wouldn't ever buy it.

I loved the quotes. :D Especially the Christian Bale one, brilliant.

Sonic 3 achievements are so easy that you can do them all in one sitting, thats if you know where the Secret Rings are.

It's so cook when u can remember where they are! Mushroom hill zone on S&K was the best example i think off, by the end of the second act you could be super sonic!!

been checkin out the Splosion Man trial, I'm sold. :P As soon as it gets a deal of the week or sumthin, I'm gonna get it. :D See, this is why XBLA is better than PSN, if I hadn't played the trial, I wouldn't ever buy it.

I loved the quotes. :D Especially the Christian Bale one, brilliant.

So a game just came out, and your "sold" on it, and yet you're not going to buy it on the off chance that at some time in the future it will be reduced in price slightly?

just completed Monkey Island. Crazy how easy it is now, I rememeber me and my friends being stuck on this for weeks when playing this on the Amiga. We were only about 10 years old but took us ages to complete it.

Now looking forward to Monkey Island II. Be nice to play it without using 13 floppy discs like we did back in the day.. :)

So a game just came out, and your "sold" on it, and yet you're not going to buy it on the off chance that at some time in the future it will be reduced in price slightly?

Off chance? They'll all get cut to halfsies somewhere in the future, as they get older and so on. Also, it's not the type of game that gains anything by being bought when it comes out... this one isn't about the online multiplayer, it's gonna be just as fun in 10 years. Also why would I spend money on something that'll eventually be cheaper if there's no advantage whatsoever in getting it now? The only game I bought full price and on release was Street Fighter 4. I haven't paid more than 15£ for any game in many years. And lo and behold, I still have all the essentials.

1 game a week gets discounted at the moment on XBLA, and I doubt they will discount a new release any time soon. It's what, 800 points? 1200? You'll save like £7 max by waiting for 6 months, and even than it's hardly guaranteed to ever be discounted. Fair enough the £40 disc releases which inevitably reduce in price to £10, but I don't see the point of doing so on a £10 downloadable game. Why not buy it now, while you've just played and enjoyed the demo?

I just had an awesome thought. They should totally release Micro Machines on XBLA. Man that'd be good fun..

Splosion Man is absolutely awesome.

Oh, and the maximum saving for waiting for a one-week price cut is £3.50.

Just to put things in perspective, 'Splosion Man costs the Microsoft equivalent of £6.80 or €9.30. It isn't exactly a purchase that's going to break the bank.

1 game a week gets discounted at the moment on XBLA, and I doubt they will discount a new release any time soon. It's what, 800 points? 1200? You'll save like £7 max by waiting for 6 months, and even than it's hardly guaranteed to ever be discounted. Fair enough the £40 disc releases which inevitably reduce in price to £10, but I don't see the point of doing so on a £10 downloadable game. Why not buy it now, while you've just played and enjoyed the demo?

Splosion Man is absolutely awesome.

Oh, and the maximum saving for waiting for a one-week price cut is £3.50.

You brits are compulsory spenders... :heh:

Why would I pay more now for the same thing I'm going to get at less price later? I don't get it. This isn't COD4... it's not like "the community" around this is going to die anytime soon. Even if I play it in 10 years time, there'll be no lost value to it, it's not dependent on the existance of something else to achieve it's full potential (like halo 3 or GOW 2 or COD 4), so in the end, no matter how little I'm saving, why would I want to pay more for the same thing? What's the advantage in buying it now?

You know, you make a fine point OW. Up until that point I was firmly on the other side of the argument but you're right - this isn't a multiplayer game that you'll lose a community from. Doesn't really matter when you buy it :heh:

I quite liked the demo personally, good sense of humor in the game. Would pick it up for 400-600 points.

I really enjoyed the demo of Splosion Man. Will be getting it for my birthday.

My girlfriend said it was pointless, there's nothing to it, it shouldn't have been made, and it's for 5 year olds... Yep.

You know, you make a fine point OW. Up until that point I was firmly on the other side of the argument but you're right - this isn't a multiplayer game that you'll lose a community from. Doesn't really matter when you buy it :heh:

Exactly. This isn't Castle Crashers (which, incidently, I bought when it came out, full price!). :heh:

My girlfriend said it was pointless, there's nothing to it, it shouldn't have been made, and it's for 5 year olds... Yep.

It's time you grabbed a boombox, load it up with some Queen - Another One Bites The Dust and just tell her it's over. You need to wearing sunglasses and a mullet just to make it all work a little better.

Exactly. This isn't Castle Crashers (which, incidently, I bought when it came out, full price!). :heh:

What do you mean by that? Are you referring to Castle Crashers' 4-player co-op?

If so...did you know that Splosion Man has 50 multiplayer-only levels?

Do you ever have the feeling that you spend too much on DLC.... Iv got through 8400 points in the last 10 days >.>

I played the demo of splosion man, great fun :) I would've probably got it there and then but I had only 700 points and it costs 800. Failz.

You brits are compulsory spenders... :heh:

Why would I pay more now for the same thing I'm going to get at less price later? I don't get it. This isn't COD4... it's not like "the community" around this is going to die anytime soon. Even if I play it in 10 years time, there'll be no lost value to it, it's not dependent on the existance of something else to achieve it's full potential (like halo 3 or GOW 2 or COD 4), so in the end, no matter how little I'm saving, why would I want to pay more for the same thing? What's the advantage in buying it now?

Ehh but people love to have things as soon as they're available, regardless of the price. It's the same with anything, and it's not just brits, it's the reason people queue up for the first showing of a movie or the release of a great book. People want things now, and they want to have played them while they were new, so they can talk about things with everyone else who's just started playing them.

Plus, you could die tomorrow.

Do you ever have the feeling that you spend too much on DLC.... Iv got through 8400 points in the last 10 days >.>

With almost 100 DLC songs for RB2, several add-ons for games and at least 12 Arcade games, I don't want to think about how much money I've spent on MSP >_<