NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

OutRun is out next week on XBLA. Also, Alien Hominid is apparently getting dropped to 400 points pretty soon as part of discount thingy they have going on at the moment.

Awesome, I'll pick it up at that price. Except...I fear I've run out of points. NOOOOOOOOO... ;_;

Trailer from Behemoths (Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers) latest game

So a platformer I guess?

Also: SQUEEEEEEEE

It's the Family Game Night this week. Yahtzee, Connect 4 and Battleship all for 800MS Points each. Scrabble isn't available in the UK.

I'll download the trials, but the prices are ridiculous. I'm surprised that the room themes are free.

So not only are the games extortionately priced, but the only one I actually want I can't even buy? Impressive.

I do think splitting the games up is quite a good idea, though. Or it would be if they were 200MSP each.

Looks like OutRun aint out next week then :(

Outrun Online Arcade will be out on Xbox Live Arcade on April 15, MS has officially confirmed.

Confirmation has come via Xbox Live, where you can see a list of dates for MS' planned Days of Arcade titles.

As previously reported, starting today MS's Days of Arcade campaign will see the release of a several XBLA titles, starting with Hasbro Family Game Night, then on to Outrun Online Arcade, Lode Runner (April 22), Capcom's Flock (April 8), The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai (April 8), Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (April 1) and Uno Rush (March 25).

Right, I've got 4200 points arriving as soon as WHSmiths can be arsed to deliver them, and obviously I'd like to know what XBLA games are worth getting. My xbox is pretty new, so all I have are Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Long Name that I hate, and Worms that came with my memory unit.

I want to get The Dishwasher and Peggle for sure, but besides Braid what should I invest in?

Well since you said you didn't like Alien Hominid HD chances are you won't like Mega Man 9 - one of my favourite yet incredibly tough single player games to come out for the Arcade. :heh:

I can definitely recommend N+ as well, I sunk hours in to that game and it was the first game in my entire collection to be 200/200'd. Not to say the achievements are easy - you need to beat all the levels to get the last one.

Bomberman Live is a brilliant game but not many people play it any more. Good fun locally though; everyone knows how to play Bomberman!

Banjo Kazooie is a classic naturally, and if you've played it before you already know what to expect. If you haven't played it, don't be a dick and get eet naaaao!

What else is there? Dunno really! Those are the ones that spring to mind. Oh! Bionic Commando is an awesome game. I keep meaning to play through it again.

btw, my points arrived j7 - I got Alien Hominid for 400 MSP only 30 minutes before it went back up to 800 points :D

Lol - you fucker :P I've already 200/200'd Banjo Kazooie! Been looking around and I think I'm definitely getting Carcassonne. I've made a list of games that look interesting, that I need to research more;

n+

Carcassonne

E4

Pac Man CE

Puzzle Quest

Catan

Crystal Defender

Duke Nukem

Echo the Dolphin

Exit

Exit 2

Mutant Storm

Mutant Storm Empire

Roogoo

Turtles

Vigilante 8

Wik: Fable of Souls

I don't even know what half of them are...

Castlevania SotN is good, really good. The Lost and Damned is quality if you have GTAIV, and you already mentioned Braid, which will keep you scratching your head for hours.

n+

Carcassonne

Echo the Dolphin

N+ is awesome, especially in co-op. It's also extremely hard. 200G is impossible.

I found Carcassonne to be boring...partly because I didn't really know what I was doing. It was free, I can't complain.

As for Ecco....I played a bit of it on the Mega Drive collection. It's aged really, really badly.

Braid is also an awesome experience, but I last played it a few days after release. Its a bit much at 1200 points (I think the 800 point offer is over).

I've played Pac Man CE for a bit. It's allright. Depends if you're a big Pac Man fan.

Vigilante 8 could be good if they've fixed the framerate issues.

Anyway, as said, try them out before buying.

N+ is awesome, especially in co-op. It's also extremely hard. 200G is impossible.

Disagree :D My first 200/200. Awww yeah! (Took me months though..)

Lol - you fucker :P I've already 200/200'd Banjo Kazooie! Been looking around and I think I'm definitely getting Carcassonne. I've made a list of games that look interesting, that I need to research more;

If you get Carcassone give me a holler because it´s loads of fun to play with others.

Also Catan is good if you like Carcassone.

If you get Carcassone give me a holler because it´s loads of fun to play with others.

I've never played it online. Mind if I join?

Dan Dare owns a physical copy of Catan, we've had some n-e 4-player games of awesome. Played some carcassonne demo and I think it has potential so I'll probably get that.

I've already completed braid (besides the time trial stuff) and I'd only really get it to show other people - shorty said that I may as well just get the demo for that.

I've bought Dishwaser (awesome), Peggle (not sure I really know what I'm doing) and Carcassonne (vaguely learning about the strategy, but not totally down with the scoring).

Tempted by Exit and Catan, too, but I've got enough to be getting on with for now!

Peggle? Just hit the orange dots.

Seriously.

That's it.

:D

A good definition of peggle:

You hit the pegs and try to score as much points and finish by taking all the oran- HOLY SHIT IT´S 5 AM ALREADY!

Give jayseven some credit, I think he can read/grasp basic concepts :heh:

Personally, while I find Peggle a lot of fun (especially on a couch, passing the controller around) I'm glad I didn't buy it myself, seems a little overhyped and were it not for the length of the main mode and the humour I probably wouldn't give it a second look. I certainly don't find myself addicted to it or anything.

Is Outrun out today?

Tomorrow. XBLA games are only released on Wednesdays.

Tomorrow. XBLA games are only released on Wednesdays.

Damn, I am away all day tomorrow. Oh well, it will have to be Thursday for me. Thanks for the info.

Outrun Arcade is available to download right now for anyone who was gonna get it, personally I'd highly recommend it as the original Outrun 2 was the game that made me want to buy an Xbox and this version seems to have everything that the updated Outrun 2006 had but with more.

Anyway it's a guarenteed purchase for me, downloading right now. : peace: