NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Gunstar Heroes?!

Do I dare buy it again? I already have it on the VC. Hot damn I think I must buy it.

Gunstar Heroes... this Wednesday? hells yeah! it's allready on the VC - was re-released like two and a half years ago in fact lolz - but it's been a while since then so I'm well up for playing through it again properly, such a great title, the achievements will hopefully add to the fun as well. :)

Sega games are here on Wednesday.

Thanks for that H-o-T you've made my day with that piece of news. ^^

Soooniiic threeee! :D

Hmm still in two minds whether to get that or not, it would literally only be for the achievements lol as I have the game in like 3 or 4 different formats allready, I'll see... might just buy it on a whim but I'm more interested in Gunstar Heroes as I'm less familiar with that despite having allready played it.

Sonic 3 is still epic freakin win though! :D

Gunstar Heroes?!

Do I dare buy it again? I already have it on the VC. Hot damn I think I must buy it.

*looks at emulator and fightpad*

Did anyone buy Telltale's episodic Wallace & Gromit games?

I tried the demo of it, but it was so slow and clunky that I just couldn't keep going.

I tried the demo of it, but it was so slow and clunky that I just couldn't keep going.

I downloaded the demo earlier, and I agree. That's true of most of Telltale's games, I was hoping it'd be fixed on the 360. A point and click adventure isn't really suited to a 360 pad. Unfortunately Wallace's voice was also grating on me...

The story and script are top notch though! I'll hold off on getting the full game for a while, but I think it's worthy of a purchase.

Yeah, his voice was weird. I believe it was the "second" Wallace who did the voice - ie not the guy who does the tv shows and stuff. Just sounded like somebody else imitating Wallaces voice, rather than doing it their own way, close enough as to be acceptable roughly but different enough to be real annoying.

So I bought Gunstar Heroes today, only 400 points which is about right tbh but I'm refraining from playing it until tomorrow 'cos I ordered a Fightpad and want to play it with a proper d-pad.

Anyway in the meantime I have Wolfenstein 3D to play, found that it was up for download on XBLA yesterday and at 400 points it just had to be got, it's still surprsingly fun for what is basically the first FPS to be created, also it has some kind of linked achievement in it which will unlock a few bonuses in the new Wolfenstein game, whenever that's being released.

I know this isn't about 'Xbox Originals', more about Original Xbox Games, but still.

3614126086_4e6fc752fb.jpg

I took this earlier today.

Some 4 year old Xbox sports games for £22? Bargain, good job Asda.

Fifa 2005 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.01)

Uefa Champions League 2004/5 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.50)

Total Club Manager 2005 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.54)

Rugby 2005 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.95)

Yeah, his voice was weird. I believe it was the "second" Wallace who did the voice - ie not the guy who does the tv shows and stuff. Just sounded like somebody else imitating Wallaces voice, rather than doing it their own way, close enough as to be acceptable roughly but different enough to be real annoying.

Yeah, I can't remember his name but he was interviewed and filmed doing the voiceover on an episode of Playr. They use him in pre-production when they're planning out, tweaking and finalising the script before they bring in Peter Sallis, I believe.

The rest of the voice acting is class, especially the Major. It reminds me of the Major in Fawlty Towers, absolutely crackers. :) I suppose it's just that Wallace's was the only voice we ever heard up until A Close Shave and is the most recognisable voice from the shorts/film, so even a minor change is noticeable.

I was pleasantly surprised to find those sega games at 400 points :) I was expecting to get screwed.

400 points, fuck me, thart;s beyond awesome, gonna buy sonic 3 right niow. Love that game to pieces!

I snapped up Altered Beast and Sonic 3 yesterday, completed them both within 2 hours. I remember Sonic 3 being much longer than that. :( I have 400 points left so I may snap up Gunstar Heroes if I get bored today.

Gunstar Heroes should last you quite a bit longer HoT, also doesn't it have the co-op now extended to over Live as well?

Oh also HoT, if you want another arcade game that'll last you a while longer than 2 hours - probably - then pick up Wolfenstein 3D for 400 points and play all six episodes on "I am Death Incarnate!" mode. :wink:

It's still a pretty awesome game, plus you get to kill Hitler in it which is a nice bonus. :D

I played the demo of it the other day, man that game hasn't aged well :)

Hehe true... but it's still fun on a basic level and if you consider that it was the first FPS then it's pretty awesome for what it is. :)

Sonic 3 is mine! And within 4 minutes 24 seconds I already had 5 achievements. It was insane :heh:

I snapped up Altered Beast and Sonic 3 yesterday, completed them both within 2 hours. I remember Sonic 3 being much longer than that. :( I have 400 points left so I may snap up Gunstar Heroes if I get bored today.

Sonic 3 is the shortest Sonic by miles, since it's basically half a game.

Did you find it ridiculous how easy it was to get the points based achievements? I got all 3 from the first special stage :blank:

Sonic 3 is the shortest Sonic by miles, since it's basically half a game.

Did you find it ridiculous how easy it was to get the points based achievements? I got all 3 from the first special stage :blank:

I got the first two from it, and I'm saved on special stage 2 (Just after ze big old flame scene) and when I load it up and complete it Points III shall be mine :heh:

There are no fun achievements in this compared to 1 or 2 unfortunately. The time attack games were great.