NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Did you find it ridiculous how easy it was to get the points based achievements? I got all 3 from the first special stage :blank:

Yup, was no real challenge to them.

I bought Gunstar Heroes which lasted a little over an hour. :( Putting a save option in these games pretty much kills what little challenge is in them.

BUT. Gunstar Heroes is such an awesome game.

Man, do I love that game. Not only that but it gave me 200 points in about an hour.

I bought Gunstar Heroes which lasted a little over an hour. :( Putting a save option in these games pretty much kills what little challenge is in them.

I only save when I quit playing though, I never have to use a save as a replacement for a continue.

And Sonic 3 had saves in anyway :heh:

Sonic 3 is the shortest Sonic by miles, since it's basically half a game.

Did you find it ridiculous how easy it was to get the points based achievements? I got all 3 from the first special stage :blank:

Same here! (Well i think i got the first 2 after the special stage and got the third very shortly after)

But... it's one of those awesome games that you can play lots of times, plus the co-op over Live is awesome, tried it out last night, got as far as the fourth stage but that damn dice game kept pissing us about >.> it pretty much landed on 'every' boss square and sent me back to the beggining at the end grrr... still an awesome game though.

I've not played that 'dice game' but it sounds like a job for the Vintage Collection's save function!

I've not played that 'dice game' but it sounds like a job for the Vintage Collection's save function!

It certainly is, because if you save at the 'wrong' point with low health and you end up getting a certain boss then things could get annoying...

------------------------------------

Still playing Wolfenstein 3D, on the final episode now, I know it's dated and has aged badly but there is something about it which makes it still fun to play. :)

Each episode - split into 9 floors - takes around an hour or so to complete and there are six eps so for 400 points, it's not bad for a 5 - 7 hour game.

One problem with Microsoft Points: When you end up with an odd number. Like 360. It's nearly an Arcade game...

I got Banjo Kazooie this morning. It feels oddly refreshing to play despite being, what, ten years old? I've never played it, but it reminds me of the classic Spyro games. It's brilliant so far. :)

I got Banjo Kazooie this morning. It feels oddly refreshing to play despite being, what, ten years old? I've never played it, but it reminds me of the classic Spyro games. It's brilliant so far. :)

Good man.

I still need to finish Banjo Tooie. Grunty's Industries is not a fun level. Perhaps I should just move on and do it last.

Banjo Kazooie. I've never played it. :)

And you call yourself a Nintendo fan? :wink:

It really is one of the best N64 games, evaaaar.

When I played Kazooie on the 64 back when it had been out a couple yearsof release I must've been about 8, and I did quite a lot but always stuggled finding certain puzzle parts or something. It was a decent game but didn't take to me as much as Mario 64 did.

Never played Tooie (sp?)

And you call yourself a Nintendo fan? :wink:

It really is one of the best N64 games, evaaaar.

I know, disgraceful. :heh: I really am loving it, to be honest I always thought of it as a game that hasn't aged well and that I just wouldn't be able to fully appreciate as everyone else did all those years ago (like GoldenEye).

In fact, I'm enjoying it so much that I ordered Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts from ShopTo earlier, and I'll probably buy Banjo Tooie when I'm finished with this.

My favourite Sonic game is available on XBLA, guess what i shall be playing.

Now then, just need Microsoft to sort out Sonic 1 because i keep needing to unlock it every bloody time i go on it.

My favourite Sonic game is available on XBLA, guess what i shall be playing.

Now then, just need Microsoft to sort out Sonic 1 because i keep needing to unlock it every bloody time i go on it.

I'm just waiting for S3&K to get released..

I'm just waiting for S3&K to get released..

Do you mean Sonic and Knuckles? They're making it so that if you have Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles you can "lock on" as you could with the mega drive. Classy stuff, and such I have purchased Sonic 3 in anticipation :D

XBLA game discussion to stay in this thread rather than the 360 general thread please guys! *moves last 3 posts in here*

And to make this trip worthwhile, Worms 2: Armageddon (...?) is coming out next week! Awesome. I just hope it's not as buggy as the first one, and hopefully has a lot more options! [Link]

Wait....800 Points!....only 800!. I was expecting 1200.

Also, Kodu is out next Tuesday for 400 Points. Although I'll wait to see what people can make out of it before deciding to get it.

Was going to make a new thread about W2:A but evidently there's no need. Boo!

Can't wait. Do want.

I know this isn't about 'Xbox Originals', more about Original Xbox Games, but still.

3614126086_4e6fc752fb.jpg

I took this earlier today.

Some 4 year old Xbox sports games for £22? Bargain, good job Asda.

Fifa 2005 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.01)

Uefa Champions League 2004/5 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.50)

Total Club Manager 2005 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.54)

Rugby 2005 (Asda: £22/Amazon £0.95)

im gonna have to pop into asda, after all "thats asda price".

One problem with Microsoft Points: When you end up with an odd number. Like 360. It's nearly an Arcade game...

That's the problem. The whole issue with points is this, it's all just a way to make you spend more money. If you desperately wanted a 400 point arcade game you couldn't just spend an extra £1 or whatever like you could if you were paying in currency, you'd have to buy a bulk amount, and then you'd end up back on a stupid odd number again.

I'd say: "well thank goodness M$ are going to start allowing you to buy things without points", except that using my debit card has never ever worked on the xbox site or the xbox itself, and neither has anyone's who I know.

And also, where has that been confirmed? I haven't seen anything of the sort announced.

I saw it at some point during E3, there were screenshots of purchasing DLC with dollar amounts listed.

I picked up Worms 2. While it has a lot more things than the first XBLA game, and the campaign is more varied, it's still extremely lacking compared to past

Worms games (like Worms Armageddon on the N64).

I picked it up as well, and while it's missing a few weapons the multiplayer is still great fun.

My gripe would have to be with the single player campaign being wank, as it was in Open Warfare 2. Oh look, worms! Kill them all. The old missions in games like WW:P and W:A were fantastic and imaginative. The puzzle missions are the only thing that I come back for in the SP campaign in W2:A.

But still, it's all about multiplayer, and multiplayer is fantastic. I like the new soundbanks too, the Advertising and Movie Trailer ones are great :D