Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The worst song ever?

Kirkatronics

Anything by Madonna

[insert Madonna defence here]

Listen to "Isaac" and then tell me she doesn't do good music.

American Life is pretty awesome as an album too.

It's pretty hard to even start considering the worst song ever, since any music commercially distributed is too good to be considered the worst song ever. I'd say one of the songs I tried to write is a pretty strong contender for the worst song ever prize.

(N.B. Crazy Frog doesn't count as music- its a collection of irritating sounds)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer if people were actually realistic.

Yeah, fair enough if you don't like Bleeding Love. I personally think it is a great song, (although I wouldn't say it was awesome).

But by no stretch of the imagination is it the worst song ever.

It actually has a tune, the lyrics aren't bad, and the organ is refreshingly different. And there is no way you can say that she doesn't have talent vocals-wise.

Also, it is blasphemous to the many deities of music if you consider The Crazy Frog a better song than Bleeding Love. :heh:

The lyrics promote self harm and its a dreary horrible song, sorry deities.

I agree Bleeding Love is no-where near the worst song ever, sure Leonas a X-Factor contestant but shes sensational. Still...it's your opinion.

I know the song is awesomely popular and fair play to her, as long as I don't have to listen to it. I don't like the idea of impressionable teenage girls listening to lyrics like 'you cut me open at night'. I don't mean to be sensitive, it just seems pointless when you consider she could have sang any other words and still made a bomb. I'm sure she is very talented, and it might be a good song to those who like that sort of thing, but I just can't stand it.

Firstly, unless you want some bleeding love from me you can stop rolling your eyes. ;)

How and why your comparing Nirvana and My Chemical Romance to a pop singer I have no idea. The bands you've just mentioned have a target audience that would appreciate those type of lyrics, thats their style of music. I'm saying it's unnecessary for Leona to use lyrics like that in a song considering half the country probably watches X factor.

You should avoid songs like "Bleed Like Me" by Garbage and "Knife Going In" by Tegan and Sara (which isn't actually about self-harm, but it is as much about it as Bleeding Love is) then.

Both of which are excellent songs IMO, so you are missing out.

Either way, you've ruined Bleeding Love for me now :p

NO

Greatest Song Ever. Yes.

for years i thought the guy singing that song was black..

it's no that bad in fairness. The random jumpin on the fence is disturbing..

I gotta go with oh tick you(cant find a youtube link though forget who does the song)

or the latest cover of barbie girl by the big brother tards.

I agree Bleeding Love is no-where near the worst song ever, sure Leonas a X-Factor contestant but shes sensational. Still...it's your opinion.

Anything by Madonna and Westlife, complete shite.

Except 'Like A Prayer' by Madonna which is good.

Sorry, Madonna I just can't accept. One of the most successful artists of the time, for a reason. She has had periods of great musical artistry, her Ray Of Light period being the most famous (and best).

Unlike people like Kylie Mingoue who feel like generic defined.

Anything by; Lamb of God, Hatebreed, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, Slayer, Trivium and Mastodon. Then again all those "bands" sound very simular.

Oh Fresh, such a man among men, I love your style. Gone for the old switcharooney on the argument.

Unlike people like Kylie Mingoue who feel like generic defined.

Woah nelly, lets not go crazy here. Surely nobody can deny that Better the Devil You Know is a damn fine song, with lyrics that literally make me want to weep (I'm not the only one, Nick Cave apparently said it had some of the saddest song lyrics he had ever heard).

I'll have to back up the view that Crazy Frog went a ruined the world and sodomized my ears against my will. It also very nearly ruined the Beverly Hills Cop movies for me, which if bit had succeeded would have robbed me of all joy making me a bitter husk trapped between life and death feasting on the misery of others like some vile pestilent wraith. Luckily it didn't and I'm just grand.

The lyrics promote self harm and its a dreary horrible song, sorry deities.

I know the song is awesomely popular and fair play to her, as long as I don't have to listen to it. I don't like the idea of impressionable teenage girls listening to lyrics like 'you cut me open at night'. I don't mean to be sensitive, it just seems pointless when you consider she could have sang any other words and still made a bomb. I'm sure she is very talented, and it might be a good song to those who like that sort of thing, but I just can't stand it.

But that's the impact of the song. If it was Westlife/Take that "insert generic love song lyrics" song, It would be shite. I prefer slightly edgier music.

Woah nelly, lets not go crazy here. Surely nobody can deny that Better the Devil You Know is a damn fine song, with lyrics that literally make me want to weep (I'm not the only one, Nick Cave apparently said it had some of the saddest song lyrics he had ever heard).

It's ok, but still kinda dull with not much stand out stuff lyric wise. It's also ruined by the cheesy music, and the fact that she doesn't sound like she actually knows what she's singing about.

I will retract my Kylie statement though. She did some stuffa while back I liked. Kinda unusual. I think it was 'Slow" and "Chocolate".

i know exactly what the one true worst song ever in the world EVER is..

but i'm not going to tell you...

because you'll only youtube or google it and ruin your day.

..and then you'll blame bluey. :blank:

oh no. not falling for that one.

:smile:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!