Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Quote me this! Quote me that!

Daft

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teal'c: [Referring to Vala's mysterious prenancy] You have been impregnated without copulation.

Vala Malduran: Yes, and I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?

Cameron Mitchell: [after everyone pauses] Well, there's one.

Teal'c: Darth Vader.

Vala Malduran: Really?

Teal'c: Hmm.

Vala Malduran: How did that turn out?

Cameron Mitchell: Actually, I was thinking of King Arthur.

Genious! I burst out laughing.

François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, Maxims.

...google ftw. :wink:

You need to go back through this thread and get sources for any other quotes that need em. :heh:

(Yes I am relentless) A few more Gunslinger ones:

"He had never expected it to come to this, and he was sorry."

(bizarrely, now this reminds me of the song Time is Running out- how did it come to this?)

And secondly, a bit of a Dark Tower classic to me:

"He didn't want to fall, even though there was no one to see him. It was a matter of pride. A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

And to mix things up:

"But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you."

- V for Vendetta

-She has the wisdom of a battle seasoned warrior!

-She's a mother - close enough.

Stargate SG1

Dr. Daniel Jackson: [during mission briefing] ...Unfortunately, what we didn't get were any corresponding gate addresses, and the process of going through that library page by page could have taken years. I knew we were going to have to narrow the search parameters a little. That's when it hit me: Sir Gawain.

Cameron Mitchell: Isn't he one of the knights who says "Ni"?

Stagate SG-1

Cabana Boy: Let me see your membership card and I'll let you through!

Guybrush Threepwood: You don't need to see my identification.

Cabana Boy: I don't need to see your identification.

Guybrush Threepwood: I'm not the pirate you're looking for.

Cabana Boy: You're not the pirate I'm looking for.

Guybrush Threepwood: I can go about my business.

Cabana Boy: You can go about your business.

Guybrush Threepwood: Move along.

Cabana Boy: Move along, move along... hey! Your mind tricks won't work on me, boy!

Guybrush Threepwood: Do you expect me to talk?

King Andre: No, Mr. Threepwood. I expect you to buy!

Guybrush Threepwood: What's your name?

Slappy Cromwell: Cromwell, Slappy Cromwell. It's not my real name actually. My agent told me my given name just didn't have star quality.

Guybrush Threepwood: What was your given name?

Slappy Cromwell: Rex Fortune, Adventure Seeker.

Guybrush Threepwood: How can you see without eyeballs?

Murray: How can you walk around without a brain? Some things no one can answer.

Haggis McMutton: Me given name is 'Heart-Liver-And-Kidneys-Boiled-In-The-Stomach-Of-The-Animal McMutton.'

Guybrush Threepwood: Oh, so your parents were expecting a girl, then.

Haggis McMutton: Aye.

Lemonhead: You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!

(I'm sorry, it's just that there are so many!...)

(...)

Guybrush Threepwood: The Diamond belongs in a museum!

King Andre: So do post-impressionist paintings, Mr Threepwood. So do post-impressionist paintings.

Guybrush Threepwood: What the heck is that supposed to mean?

King Andre: Some day you will understand.

The Curse of The Monkey Island

I'll stop...

FOR NOW!

"You're working hard to put food on your family." —Presidential candidate George W. Bush, Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

and my all time favourite

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep." - Stunt Man Mike - Death Proof

"There are few things as fetching as a bruised ego on a beautiful angel." - Stuntman Mike

Awesome film.

"It's hard to argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you in experience." - don't know who said it, read it on this forum once

"Don't hunt what you can't kill" - anonymous

"Today is a good day to die!" Klingon proverb

"They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire... ONCE." Tony Stark - Ironman Trailer

From IGN, a fan that wants a Marvel VS Capcom 2 sequel.

I've said a few times before that I'd be more than willing to torch an orphanage and blow up a bus full of nuns if it meant we got a Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I stand by that. Quite why Capcom would want an orphanage burnt down and a bus load of nuns blown up before they started work on a third MvsC game I've no idea, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't still do it gladly.