N-Europe

Whats the best rts?

Kirkatronics

Total Annihilation

Must be about 10 years old. Still my favourite RTS of all time. :)

YES!

This man knows his stuff!

TA is the best game ever made, probably!

It's truly amazing, and the expansion pack (or at least the first) was probably the best expansion pack to any game, ever.

Oh, and it's less than £5, or can be gotten off the net for free. :D

In-joke: KROGOTH! AHH! :awesome:

God, I now know what the first game to be installed on my new laptop will be... : peace:

In fact, Moria, I must play you one day, I'd like to see how you roll in it.

I'll give you one helpful tip now for if we ever do play each other: build flak cannons. Lots and lots of flak cannons. :wink:

YES!

This man knows his stuff!

TA is the best game ever made, probably!

It's truly amazing, and the expansion pack (or at least the first) was probably the best expansion pack to any game, ever.

Oh, and it's less than £5, or can be gotten off the net for free. :D

In-joke: KROGOTH! AHH! :awesome:

God, I now know what the first game to be installed on my new laptop will be... : peace:

In fact, Moria, I must play you one day, I'd like to see how you roll in it.

I'll give you one helpful tip now for if we ever do play each other: build flak cannons. Lots and lots of flak cannons. :wink:

I haven't played it for a good few years. I don't even know where it is anymore. :(

I was immense at it back in the day though. Used to play online, my bro and I would go in a team (2 computers + no CD crack) and kick ass on Lava High Ground.

Total Annihilation - As posted above

Warzone 2100 - My favourite RTS ever, was pure class (and the first i played). Completely customisable tanks, epic base structures and the best patch EVER!!! (It added new single player missions, multiplayer maps and doubled the size of the tech tree! FOR FREE!)

Warhammer: Dawn Of War - Best RTS of the last few years, although it is more limited in scope than TA and WZ

Or, if you are after something a bit grander in scale (but not completely Real-Time) try the Total War series