Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the new Terminator is lacking on the story-telling front? I really, really hope this film at least turns out to be decent, otherwise I'll...just shoot myself. If anything, this just proves that Terminator can only survive with one man at the helm: James Cameron.

I rarely read reviews, because I'd rather judge for myself. But, some of the things highlighted were things that I was worried were going to happen. And no, "better than the last film" is not something that is acceptable. This is Terminator for crying out loud. The two films have reached God Status. Why can't this be the same?

IGN gave Transformers[1] and Star Trek a 7/10 and they are two of may favourite recent films so there's still some hope.

Maybe this first one of the new trilogy [should it happen now?] is quite weak as it's just establishing things?... though really all three should be made to be great!

Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl, The Haunting Of Molly Hartley) is replacing Efron (who turned it down) in the Footloose remake, which is out sometime next year.

I'm still annoyed Efron turned it down, but Crawford should be funsies.

I preferred X3 vastly. Wolverine felt cheap and added nothing to my life. X3 was fine in parts, added to the story. It did take away a lot from the story so far, I won't lie. But I'd watch that a thousand times over to never have to watch Wolverine again.

I think a lot of films fall beneath Rise Of The Machine as worst film ever.

In fact, I wouldn't say it's bad as a film. Relative to the previous two, yes, of course, and it feels strange and...empty, but not the worst film ever.

I think a lot of films fall beneath Rise Of The Machine as worst film ever.

In fact, I wouldn't say it's bad as a film. Relative to the previous two, yes, of course, and it feels strange and...empty, but not the worst film ever.

Fine, take my post literally :heh:

But it is awful, IMO. I was cringing when I watched it, compared to... being in love when I watch the first two.

'Buffy' movie planned without Whedon

A new version of Buffy The Vampire Slayer is being planned for the big screen, claims The Hollywood Reporter.

Fran Rubel Kuzui, who holds the rights to the franchise, has announced that she is hoping to resurrect the character with Vertigo Entertainment without the involvement of creator Joss Whedon.

"It was [Vertigo's] interest in taking Buffy into a new place that grabbed us," she explained.

"Everything has its moment. Every movie takes on a life at some point and this seems like the moment to do this."

Kuzui added that she has not ruled out the possibility of inviting Whedon to participate, but confirmed that the movie will have no connection to the TV series and that supporting players including Angel, Willow, Xander and Spike will not be involved in the plot.

Whedon, who wrote the script for the 1992 movie starring Kristy Swanson, later revived the character for the highly successful cult series of the same name. The show, which starred Sarah Michelle Gellar, ran from 1997 until 2003.

Taken From Digital Spy

I really cant see this going down well with Buffy fans

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!