• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheres the TV news thread?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7980747.stm

Shooting Stars gets new full series.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20897&page=11

Still on first page.

But I'm not sure whether to be happy about this, they weren't that great before, and that special they had a few months ago was utter wank.

Don't worry Ashmon! You'll be spending time watching vague American drama's and making avatar/signature sets. You'll never see anything. I give you my personal guarantee.

What is vague, its American-ness or its drama-ness?

And you realise the last sig/avatar I made was over three months ago?

Geez. Its like you don't even read by bio.

Anyway. Trust me, having people who like it means you are exposed. Hearing the bloody catchphrases everywhere. Its like genital warts of the ear.

Anyway. Trust me, having people who like it means you are exposed. Hearing the bloody catchphrases everywhere. Its like genital warts of the ear.

so what if people do the catchphrase? yeah, its annoying haveing people say it, but the borat character wasnt what made the film so funny, it was people's reactions to him, and the way he exposed the ugly, zenophobic nature of so many people.

bruno looks unbelivably good, i almost died 3 times from laughing.

so what if people do the catchphrase? yeah, its annoying haveing people say it, but the borat character wasnt what made the film so funny, it was people's reactions to him, and the way he exposed the ugly, zenophobic nature of so many people.

bruno looks unbelivably good, i almost died 3 times from laughing.

Iiiiit annoys me. On a personal level. Wasn't trying to suggest the film should be banned or anything like that. Was just a rant. The problem with catchphrases are if you don't find them funny hearing them repeated makes it horrific. Same thing with Little Britain.

Iiiiit annoys me. On a personal level. Wasn't trying to suggest the film should be banned or anything like that. Was just a rant. The problem with catchphrases are if you don't find them funny hearing them repeated makes it horrific. Same thing with Little Britain.

Exactly.

It just gets really annoying. Part of that is being out of the loop, but it also grates more on a physical level if you hear something over and over that's meant to be funny, but isn't to you.

Yeah, the catchphrase element just shows you that there are people who clearly don't get the movie for what it is - a great piece of journalism, if you ask me :P

I don't think it's fair to criticise the film based on its fans. Borat was, to me, a surprise of a movie that was joyfully not cringeworthy.

Yeah, the catchphrase element just shows you that there are people who clearly don't get the movie for what it is - a great piece of journalism, if you ask me :P

I don't think it's fair to criticise the film based on its fans. Borat was, to me, a surprise of a movie that was joyfully not cringeworthy.

100% agree. You can pull quotes from anything, and although they may be more prominent in Borat....that isn't the point.

I've never seen an audience reaction similar to watching Borat. Full cinema, all in fits of laughter.

What is vague, its American-ness or its drama-ness?

And you realise the last sig/avatar I made was over three months ago?

Geez. Its like you don't even read by bio.

Whichever vagueness you like best matey [Awesome bubble bath] :D

And I'm sowwie, I don't read your bio :(

100% agree. You can pull quotes from anything, and although they may be more prominent in Borat....that isn't the point.

I've never seen an audience reaction similar to watching Borat. Full cinema, all in fits of laughter.

Me too, although my gf said that when she saw it a black guy on the row in front of her stood up and left halfway through, which is understandable really. I thought it was hilarious though, and showed a side of America you don't often get to see.

I've never been an audible laugher at the cinema, but Borat had me guffawing like a special. I can't wait for Brüno.

"Shadow of the Colossus" is heading to the big screen.

The colossally popular video game is being developed as a feature by producer Kevin Misher, who has set the project up at Sony; the studio's sister division Sony Computer Entertainment is behind the video game.

Justin Marks, the go-to young scribe who's writing "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" for McG at Disney, is attached to pen the script.

Colossus, which was developed for the PlayStation 2, was released in the U.S. in 2005. It quickly became a huge hit as well as a critical favorite.

The game centers on the character Wander, who along with his horse Agro travels across a Western-style landscape to defeat enemies known as Collosi, with Wander's larger aim to save the girl Mono.

The game's landscape is minimalist and lacks some of the ensemble characters of other video games; instead, the challenge lies in locating the remote Colossi and uncovering their weaknesses through a series of puzzle-like challenges. Its scenes as well as its soundtrack are regarded by many as highly cinematic.

Video games have been a hot commodity recently in Hollywood development circles, with titles like "Max Payne" and "BioShock" attracting top level talent, though their boxoffice track record has been more checkered.

Misher has several movies set to release in the coming months, including the Channing Tatum-Terence Howard street-fighting drama "Fighting" and the Johnny Depp period gang pic "Public Enemies." The WMA-repped Marks also is attached to pen the comic-book adaptation "Suicide Squad" for Warners, among other projects.

Me too, although my gf said that when she saw it a black guy on the row in front of her stood up and left halfway through, which is understandable really. I thought it was hilarious though, and showed a side of America you don't often get to see.

Hahah!

Spenno said that at the "chocolate face bit" he had two black people sat next to him, he froze, didn't know whether to laugh, and then they started laughing so he laughed. Classic.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

After months of rumors, it's finally been confirmed that "High School Musical" star Zac Efron has signed on to play the title role in Warner Bros.' planned live-action version of the popular '60s Hanna-Barbera cartoon show Jonny Quest.

L.A. Times' "Hero Complex" got the confirmation but mentions that Warner Bros. have been considering changing the name of the property to avoid the inevitably negative comparisons to Warner Bros.' flop Speed Racer, another live action movie based on a popular cartoon.

There's no word on who might be directing although previous rumors have pegged the team of Andy Fickman and Dwayne Johnson possibly reuniting for the third time after the recent Race to Witch Mountain.

He's also in talks to star in live-action adaptations of Death Note and Full Metal Panic as well.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!