Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the choice. Not a pretty-boy, but someone who actually looks geeky. Does anyone know if there's any inkling tickling the 'webs about whether this film will be a 'reboot' or just an adventure starring Spidey, with no back-story provided?

So the wait for Bond 23 appears to have gotten even longer.

EON Productions suspended active development on the next sequel in April due to MGM's ongoing financial crisis. But now, if reports from across the pond are to be believed, the project -- which was to have been directed by Sam Mendes from a screenplay by Peter Morgan -- has been scuttled altogether.

British tabloid The Mirror claims to have "confirmed the movie has been axed – and it could be years before the secret agent with a licence to kill is back on the big screen."

The paper quotes an unnamed "insider" as saying, "Members of the production crew have been told the Bond film has been canned. There is a lot of bad feeling as a lot of time, money and hard work has already gone into this."

So if the next Bond film is indeed years away, what does that mean for the involvement of Daniel Craig? Could Quantum of Solace be his second and final film as 007? Time will tell.

Source - IGN.com

How about they make a cheaper, cheesier Bond film like the older ones? There's plenty of TV stars (Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion) who could really pull off a Bond villain (as in a proper one, not the CR,QoS ones).

And the role of Bond is like that of the Doctor. Any decent British actor would jump at the opportunity.

I like the choice. Not a pretty-boy, but someone who actually looks geeky. Does anyone know if there's any inkling tickling the 'webs about whether this film will be a 'reboot' or just an adventure starring Spidey, with no back-story provided?

What's been said kind of hints towards the Ultimate Spider-Man version of events, which is a different take on the whole origin and early years. In that, Spider-Man is still 15 and at school.

Personally, I'd be hoping that they ditch most of the origin guff and just jump in. Everyone knows the story now and they'd be much better served using limited screen time to better effect elsewhere.

What's been said kind of hints towards the Ultimate Spider-Man version of events, which is a different take on the whole origin and early years. In that, Spider-Man is still 15 and at school.

I agree its probably more like the Ultimate version but dont forget that normal 616 he was also 15 and at school when he became Spider-Man.

"This is the school I went to. Here's Mary Jane, who I'm madly in love with. On a school trip I got bitten by a radioactive spider and I now have super powers. That was 7 years ago. Now my real adventure is about to start."

*Opening Credits Start*

Or something like that.

Edward Norton will reportedly not be back as the Hulk for The Avengers, despite his self-professed eagerness to reprise his role as Dr. Bruce Banner.

According to HitFix, Marvel has decided to drop Norton and replace him with an unspecified unknown for the Avengers movie -- a lineup the studio is said to be planning to reveal at this month's San Diego Comic-Con.

The site says they're trying to determine "exactly how far apart the Marvel offer and the Norton camp are in terms of money, but even in early conversations, it sounds like a deal could be made here, and simply wasn't."

No exact reason was expressly given for Marvel's decision to not bring back Norton, but the star and Marvel had a notorious go-around while making The Incredible Hulk.

So, if these rumors pan out, what do you guys think of an unknown playing Bruce Banner in The Avengers? Sound off in the Comments below.

UPDATED: Marvel Studios sent a statement to HitFix confirming their earlier scoop that Norton will not be back for The Avengers. Marvel honcho Kevin Feige informed the site: "Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert [Downey], Chris [Hemsworth], Chris (Evans), Sam [Jackson], Scarlett [Johansson], and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

Norton's Agent Hulks Out

The fallout over Marvel Studios' decision to not bring back Edward Norton as the Hulk in The Avengers is shaping up to be a battle royale of superheroic proportions.

A day after Marvel honcho Kevin Feige confirmed rumors that the studio would be hiring a different actor to play the role in Avengers, Norton's camp shot back with an angry message to Feige over the nature of his comments.

In his message yesterday, Feige said in part: "Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members."

Now, Norton's agent at WME, Brian Swardstrom, exclusively told HitFix, "We know a lot of fans have voiced their public disappointment with this result, but this is no excuse for Feige's mean spirited, accusatory comments. Counter to what Kevin implies here, Edward was looking forward to the opportunity to work with Joss and the other actors in the Avengers cast, many of whom are personal friends of his. Feige's statement is unprofessional, disingenuous and clearly defamatory. Mr. Norton talent, tireless work ethic and professional integrity deserve more respect, and so do Marvel's fans."

Swardstrom also recalled the parties' attempts at trying to make a deal over the last few weeks and how it didn't come to pass.

The Avengers is slated to begin filming in early 2011 for a summer 2012 release.

Source - IGN.com

So I think I watched a film in digital for the first time ever today, and it looked really good.

However...I saw the trailer for Step Up 3D and it seriously blew me away. Obviously its shit, but it looked absolutely RIDICULOUSLY high definition, I could see every singe freaking detail it was crystal clear, it looked so god damn amazing. Anyone else seen it? It made other films look like shitty YT videos in terms of quality, and I'm literally being massively serious.

Hulk Shizzle

I read about that too, this is the lowdown apparently:

Norton's 'Hulk' dispute with Marvel

Mon 12 Jul 11:45 AM

Buzz Up!

Norton's 'Hulk' dispute with Marvel

You wouldn't like Ed Norton when he's angry – the Hollywood actor is furious after being axed from the forthcoming superhero movie 'The Avengers'.

Norton was expected to reprise his role as The Incredible Hulk in the eagerly awaited movie, which sees Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Nick Fury and others teaming up.

However, while the likes of Robert Downey Jr, and Samuel L Jackson are back in their roles, Marvel Studios are looking for another actor to play Bruce Banner and his monstrous alter ego.

Marvel President Kevin Feige released a statement, saying, “We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the role of Bruce Banner in 'The Avengers'. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members.

'The Avengers' demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert (Downey Jr), Chris H (Hemsworth), Chris E (Evans), Sam (L Jackson), Scarlett (Johansson), and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfils these requirements and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

However, Norton has hit back, with his agent issuing a statement, reading, “This offensive statement from Kevin Feige at Marvel is a purposefully misleading, inappropriate attempt to paint our client in a negative light.

“Here are the facts: two months ago, Kevin called me and said he wanted Edward to reprise the role of Bruce Banner in 'The Avengers'. He told me it would be his fantasy to bring Edward on stage with the rest of the cast at ComiCon and make it the event of the convention. When I said that Edward was definitely open to this idea, Kevin was very excited and we agreed that Edward should meet with Joss Whedon to discuss the project. Edward and Joss had a very good meeting (confirmed by Feige to me) at which Edward said he was enthusiastic at the prospect of being a part of the ensemble cast.

“Marvel subsequently made him a financial offer to be in the film and both sides started negotiating in good faith. This past Wednesday, after several weeks of civil, uncontentious discussions, but before we had come to terms on a deal, a representative from Marvel called to say they had decided to go in another direction with the part. This seemed to us to be a financial decision but, whatever the case, it is completely their prerogative, and we accepted their decision with no hard feelings.â€

Joaquin Phoenix is rumoured to be in talks of replacing Norton in the film, which will be directed by Joss Whedon.

Hulk Shizzle

I think it's a mistake not going the distance to sign him on for the Avengers.

i mean Marvel could afford it.

Joaquin Phoenix rumoured to be in line for the Hulk... i know he apparantly retired from movies a while back, but come on he'll demand just as much as Norton.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!